USA Mid Term elections in November

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s the kind of cringeworthy, hokey speech some loser kid gives before getting thumped in their high school SRC election.

Bring back Nancy, at least she didn’t have people be impressed because she knew the alphabet.
I don’t mind it; shows contempt for the GOP who just treated the USA with contempt themselves. We should stop expecting democrats to play nice and work in a collegiate fashion when the GOP consistently do not.

What is it they are actually terrified of?

Throw every vague conspiracy they parrot in a blender and they have an utterly bleak worldview

'The WEF and Klaus Schwab are going to make you eat bugs, turn your kids trans, sell them to paedos and make you get the deathjabs. They'll tax you 200% of your income and give it to Ukraine and illegal immigrants. You will be rounded up by the FBI and put in camps if you resist.

And there's almost nothing you can do about it because the Uniparty/Biden/Courts/Global Elite elites are all in cahoots and fully control who gets elected. All of the media are lying to you (especially Fox.)'

I'm hoping they quietly go back to living their lives and wait to see that none of that happen. But 7 years of being invested in MAGA brainrot has the more whackjob ones openly talking about how the ammo box is the next resort after the ballot box, and that there are no political solutions.

Throw every vague conspiracy they parrot in a blender and they have an utterly bleak worldview

'The WEF and Klaus Schwab are going to make you eat bugs, turn your kids trans, sell them to paedos and make you get the deathjabs. They'll tax you 200% of your income and give it to Ukraine and illegal immigrants. You will be rounded up by the FBI and put in camps if you resist.

And there's almost nothing you can do about it because the Uniparty/Biden/Courts/Global Elite elites are all in cahoots and fully control who gets elected. All of the media are lying to you (especially Fox.)'

I'm hoping they quietly go back to living their lives and wait to see that none of that happen. But 7 years of being invested in MAGA brainrot has the more whackjob ones openly talking about how the ammo box is the next resort after the ballot box, and that there are no political solutions.
And then you have the foamers (fomentors) latching onto these grievances and using a public platform to exaggerate their fears.

From Fox to Rogan to Panahi and Yemini. None have solutions except a vague 'we don't trust anyone ' all the while grifting money from this fear

It was political grandstanding, and completely against the purpose of the address, especially considering it followed a statement about how important it was to be united across the aisle.
No way, this is absolutely the time for political grandstanding, what makes you think that the speech should have been business-as-usual after that shitshow?

It was political grandstanding, and completely against the purpose of the address, especially considering it followed a statement about how important it was to be united across the aisle.
Nonetheless, it was very effective, and has received widespread praise. It also showed his great oratory skills to those who may not have known who he was (including me).

I don’t mind it; shows contempt for the GOP who just treated the USA with contempt themselves. We should stop expecting democrats to play nice and work in a collegiate fashion when the GOP consistently do not.
could have worked in some 'campaigners' and 'jerk offs' into the speech IMO

:)

After these scenes over the past week, I reckon statements of hope and vision for the future from the other side of politics, as hokey as they might have seemed, is just what the US public needed to hear:

Fl52x-1aAAETMEF

Fl4kwgAaYAI_qir

After these scenes over the past week, I reckon statements of hope and vision for the future from the other side of politics, as hokey as they might have seemed, is just what the US public needed to hear:

Fl52x-1aAAETMEF

Fl4kwgAaYAI_qir
Sorry for being naive but what does that hand signal represent?

The worst thing is the effects of the MAGA wave and whack jobs had started to creep into here.

I have said it heaps, there is nothing wrong with people choosing to vote conservative. And all parties can have their pros and cons on some issues. But what I cannot stand is the conspiracy nuts, low IQ, bullying, pedos running the far right wing of politics having way to big a platform for a group that is a minority within its own. We saw Fraser Annings Party get wiped off the face of the earth, and the cookers fizz out at the Vic State election. Yet you'd think they represented the majority the way their base went on and high jacked everything with their brainless rants.

The far right ideology is dangerous, and breeds misinformation, hated, division. Tags they like to throw on the left. Give me a "woke" far left group, if there is even such a thing, any day, over literal nazis. The introduction of the internet has allowed them to spawn from a couple of odd conspiracy magazines, to a full blown platform to spread lies. They breed the majority of domestic terrorism and mass shooting incidents world wide by far. Comment sections on just about anything, particular news related is cesspool of toxic s**t being driven by angry low IQ conservative Boomers and middle aged people whose facts are youtube videos and memes from their favorite twitter page, with such a narrow world view, lacking a moral compass and little empathy on issues.

I could open up a fake right wing "fact or info page", post some made up facts in a meme format. And will be accepted as so, and shared around the masses, because the "source" aligns with their world views, therefore it is "true". Same for opening a "independent news page", where most articles are made up BS, or cherry picked points or stats from outside sources, sold as the "real facts", or just the authors biased world view.

The faster conservative parties grow a pair and wrestle back their parties from such a small group, the better off we all will be. Push them back into irrelevance again where they belong.

Your post is the perfect example of their mentality, in a way that not even I could describe it better. But as long as they have a platform, they will continue to grow. I'm just grateful we live in Aus where voters have overwhelmingly put them back into their place each time.

But sadly the wave is pushing moderate and old school conservatives voters further to the right, in the way Hitler and his Nationalist party did. Evident by new aged far right parties doing well in elections across Europe and elsewhere. And some of those new groups, are even holding power over the long time right winged parties that people seemed to have jumped off. You only have to see Brazils election result where right winged voters marched the streets, calling for military intervention, killing of opponents, whilst raising their arms in a facist salute. I worry it may only get worse from here.

The world is a very angry and hateful place these days. And for some odd reason, those most angry tend to shift towards very conservative groups, who take advantage and feed on that anger. Projecting it in the wrong places. It is no suprise most of the nasty comments on social media. Are by people obsessed with turning every post political, randomly insulting people on left leaning pages, mocking people whom die, abusing you when you try in vain to correct them on misinformation. Are actually from the conservative base. How sad is it to live a life where all you do is make angry and abusive posts, with a negative mind set on the daily? Whilst enjoying your little power trip being an A hole to everyone, and self patting your fellow grumps on the back. For a base that likes to call everyone else snowflakes, triggered, and facts not feelings. Are the most emotionally triggered and angry people online who care little for reality. It's funny.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The worst thing is the effects of the MAGA wave and whack jobs had started to creep into here.

I have said it heaps, there is nothing wrong with people choosing to vote conservative. And all parties can have their pros and cons on some issues. But what I cannot stand is the conspiracy nuts, low IQ, bullying, pedos running the far right wing of politics having way to big a platform for a group that is a minority within its own. We saw Fraser Annings Party get wiped off the face of the earth, and the cookers fizz out at the Vic State election. Yet you'd think they represented the majority the way their base went on and high jacked everything with their brainless rants.

The far right ideology is dangerous, and breeds misinformation, hated, division. Tags they like to throw on the left. Give me a "woke" far left group, if there is even such a thing, any day, over literal nazis. The introduction of the internet has allowed them to spawn from a couple of odd conspiracy magazines, to a full blown platform to spread lies. They breed the majority of domestic terrorism and mass shooting incidents world wide by far. Comment sections on just about anything, particular news related is cesspool of toxic s**t being driven by angry low IQ conservative Boomers and middle aged people whose facts are youtube videos and memes from their favorite twitter page, with such a narrow world view, lacking a moral compass and little empathy on issues.

I could open up a fake right wing "fact or info page", post some made up facts in a meme format. And will be accepted as so, and shared around the masses, because the "source" aligns with their world views, therefore it is "true". Same for opening a "independent news page", where most articles are made up BS, or cherry picked points or stats from outside sources, sold as the "real facts", or just the authors biased world view.

The faster conservative parties grow a pair and wrestle back their parties from such a small group, the better off we all will be. Push them back into irrelevance again where they belong.

Your post is the perfect example of their mentality, in a way that not even I could describe it better. But as long as they have a platform, they will continue to grow. I'm just grateful we live in Aus where voters have overwhelmingly put them back into their place each time.

But sadly the wave is pushing moderate and old school conservatives voters further to the right, in the way Hitler and his Nationalist party did. Evident by new aged far right parties doing well in elections across Europe and elsewhere And some holding power over the long time right winged parties. You only have to see Brazils election result where right winged voters marched the streets, calling for military intervention, killing of opponents, whilst raising their arms in a facist salute. I worry it may only get worse from here.
Great post.

I wonder if a part of why Trump was on the phone trying to get the vote sorted is that even though it was a tokensitc gesture from Gaetz at best, it couldn't have been great for his ego getting only 1 vote for 15(?) votes in a row.

Nonetheless, it was very effective, and has received widespread praise. It also showed his great oratory skills to those who may not have known who he was (including me).

It will give people something to point to as a pretend bona fide after he agrees to cut social security for a minor increase to the debt ceiling, anyway.

I am grateful that former President Donald J Trump was able to help McCarthy get over the line. If not for his intervention and his power of persuasion, the voting might have gone on longer than Essendon's last Finals win. :p bolt2.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back