Cars & Transportation Vent about all things traffic

Remove this Banner Ad

*ers that zoom down a left lane and think they can cut in because they have their indicator on. I think not campaigner.
you mean people zip merging correctly? In what context?

Took an hour to get over the west gate yesterday afternoon from that truck catching fire on Todd.

Also saw a car rolled over onto its roof on the Bolte. I was going the opposite way. Not sure how the hell that one happened.

It wasn’t a good day on the roads yesterday.

I want a dashcam. One of my favourite shows is Dash Cams on Youtube and I really want to contribute with some idiots on the road.

Wish i drove a bit more so I would have something to send in

On Saturday I had to go out to Clyde via the Monash. Pissing rain so it was a campaigner anyway but some a-hole had dropped branches all over the road. Saw him further up in the emergency lane strapping down the branches (didn't think to do that first evidently)

One thing that shits me about driving in the rain is people will often turn out into a gap which would be fine if it's dry, but they move out more slowly so you end up having to brake so you don't hit them.

I hate driving in the rain.

On Saturday I had to go out to Clyde via the Monash. Pissing rain so it was a campaigner anyway but some a-hole had dropped branches all over the road. Saw him further up in the emergency lane strapping down the branches (didn't think to do that first evidently)

One thing that shits me about driving in the rain is people will often turn out into a gap which would be fine if it's dry, but they move out more slowly so you end up having to brake so you don't hit them.

I hate driving in the rain.

I don't mind driving in the rain if no-one else is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Took an hour to get over the west gate yesterday afternoon from that truck catching fire on Todd.

Also saw a car rolled over onto its roof on the Bolte. I was going the opposite way. Not sure how the hell that one happened.

It wasn’t a good day on the roads yesterday.
Saw this on the news and thought, gonna be a bad day for anyone not living in the east (mind you the Monash is ****ed everyday anyway).

90 minutes from Richmond to PC at 4.30 on Friday. My own fault for driving really but 45 minutes from Bridge road to Power Street freeway is actually absurd, could have walked it quicker.

Are these the ones where they try and finish off the victims?

Apart from the total lack of reaction by some of the drivers facing impending collision, i can't help thinking it was insane that we legalised lane siphoning in Victoria after seeing some on there.

Have been hit twice by cyclists: once on a footpath in Spring St and the other on a pedestrian crossing. Is this a thread where venting against dangerous cyclopaths is allowed?

Have been hit twice by cyclists: once on a footpath in Spring St and the other on a pedestrian crossing. Is this a thread where venting against dangerous cyclopaths is allowed?
My walking group is considering giving up the route we’ve used for the last nine years due to the increasing number of bikes ridden at top speed weaving among the walkers. We haven’t been hit beyond the odd arm clip but the attitude seems to be that walkers should move out of the way.

Yesterday I literally crossed the road further up away from a particular pedestrian crossing because I was too scared to use it. Cars have driven thru on the red in front of me too many times.

And I can guess the exact type of person who ignores the red light

In Geelong the council commissioned the installation of the LGBT flag at a traffic light pedestrian crossing - I've seen similar in St Kilda

Someone legitimately asked:
  • How is that a legal zebra crossing?
  • Tried explaining that the traffic lights (which have always been there) play that role
  • They're reply, "regardless, it's not marked as a legal crossing"
  • Someone else added, "Yep, but they'd make it legal to suit their agenda"

Those types of people do my head in as you can't explain something basic such as road rules around red lights to them, as they seem to genuinely believe that having something painted on the ground overrides the legalities of a red light and makes that no longer a crossing 🤦‍♀️

As the resident cyclist id say yes. Those two are cardinal sins to me, never ride on a footpath (and if you absolutely have to, do it at walking pace and remember you dont belong there). Same for the pedestrian crossing (assuming you had right of way).

I still don't know why they build pedestrian walkways at roundabouts.
Its dangerous ( cars looking to their right while you can potentially be on their left ) and it screws up the roundabout.
Sometimes if you are walking along a road you need to. But if you are going to cross into the side road when you get there , cross 100m before you get to the roundabout. Its just safer.

Fountain Gate shopping centre is riddled with them, and in that case no-one is following the road, they are simply crossing the main drive in.

I still don't know why they build pedestrian walkways at roundabouts.
Its dangerous ( cars looking to their right while you can potentially be on their left ) and it screws up the roundabout.
Sometimes if you are walking along a road you need to. But if you are going to cross into the side road when you get there , cross 100m before you get to the roundabout. Its just safer.

Fountain Gate shopping centre is riddled with them, and in that case no-one is following the road, they are simply crossing the main drive in.
Hundred percent.

I got several of these around my area. Is so fking dangerous. As a driver you gotta look around several bloody places at once.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back