VFL VFL 2024 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

Good win

Mannagh 3
Hardie 2
Clark 2
Pike 2

3rd on the Ladder.

Good win for sure and cant hurt having Hardie, Mannagh putting their hands up.

Go Catters

So just started watching last qtr. Was surprised this wasn’t an easy kill

From the stats it looked like a s shoot out between Hardie and Clark (props to him for playing) for any spare MF AFL spot.

Stats look pretty even. How has that “battle” gone? Would assume Hardie needs to be 20% better to unseat Clark from that AFL spot?
Biggest difference for me is Hardie is cleaner and never makes mistakes. Clark makes some inexplicable errors at times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least they put Mannaugh in for a few centre bounces and he looked OK in there. If they think he's a small forward, he probably has to wait for an injury. But he can kick a freakish goal.

Hardie and Clark both had good games overall.

Humphries was the most impressive for mine.
Humphries has the highesy ceiling for sure - but he does drift in and out of games and IMO thats to do with overall fitness and ability to repeart contest.

Reckon it'd be like Motlop in 08 again and Tomma separate his shoulder.

Like to see him rewarded next year with games but igve him time to build an AFL body and fitness more.

GO Catters

Humphries has the highesy ceiling for sure - but he does drift in and out of games and IMO thats to do with overall fitness and ability to repeart contest.

Like to see him rewarded next year with games but igve him time to build an AFL body and fitness more.

GO Catters
Game here or there this year, best 22 by next year, emerging star by 2026.

GO Catters
Maybe. 23 possessions for the game is pretty good for a half-back flanker. He's 21 so mature enough even if lightly framed.

I can see him playing this year, but we'll see.

Yep. His foot skills were not much chop today.
I think he’d want at least 6 or 7 back today that were miles off the mark.
Off day? 🤷‍♂️

His foot skills looked elite in Thursday. Made the snap goal look easy then cut inside into his left to hit up Neale who unfortunately dropped a sitter.

You're judging his skills on a windy day after playing up in Darwin 40 hours ago and trying to read the movement of players he's basically never played with. His kicking will be absolutely fine.

FFS match committee. Give Hardie a game.
And while u ponder that, young Humphries has a special set of skills that can’t be taught.
Give him a taste whilst u guys are at it.
Spot on GCL
Humphries looks a fantastic prospect and could replace the Duncan role.
COS looked very assured despite the HTB frees.
Willis is interesting - shows some great attributes at times and has a devastating turn of speed.
Disappointed in Foster and Murdoch and Knevitt ( although played out of position)
Mannagh and Hardie look AFL ready whist Stevens and Ted C have work to do.
Love Clark - busts his backside in every sequence he’s involved in 👍

Knevitt had like 10 touches in the first quarter, then they seemed to park him in the forward pocket for most of the rest of the match.

Not sure what that was about.....resting him up for next week?
Maybe trying to give him a second position he can rotate to in the seniors.

Aside from a couple of HTB's, I though O'Sullivan played well. A mature game from him.
Jeka on the other hand is a liability in contested marking situations.
Good to see Mannagh given a run on ball for large parts of the 2nd half.
Hardie deserves a look at it in the AFL. Maybe he can be a Menegola and have an instant impact.
Humphries is class. Looking forward to when he gets his debut.
Foster is barely fit/fast enough to play VFL footy.
Willis and Knevitt can be frustrating to watch. There’s something there but can we unlock it.

Of the VFL players. great debut by Pike, Capiron solid as always, Edmends has been a good find.

Mannagh and Hardie look AFL ready whist Stevens and Ted C have work to do.
Love Clark - busts his backside in every sequence he’s involved in 👍

Why cant or wont any football journalist ask Scott are those 2 close to senior selection !!!!

There are plenty of Geel supporting journalists out their FFS - like Shayne Hope and Peter Ryan , why wont they ask Scott that question

I would like those 2 to come into the senior side and Parfitt and Bruhn to go out and i think that would improve Geelongs senior team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back