VFL VFL 2024 - Geelong & the greater league

Remove this Banner Ad

Mannagh gets his 3rd

Again knocking down doors with Hardie and Willis at this point of this game.

GO Catters

I'm pretty sure he'll get another game in the VFL next week

Watching him today, I'm not seeing what "spark" he'd bring to the senior team - there's other players that have had less of the ball, but more positives & upsides that I'd rather see get a shot
He doesn’t need to add “spark” as such.
We just need to be competitive in the midfield and I think he would bring that.

Either way, he needs to be rewarded for his consistency.

Was that Humphires on the other foot again?

Other being different to the last one he used lol

GO Catters

43 point lead at 3/4 time

Manangh 3
Willis Bradtke 2

Hardie Clohesy and some other 1 each

GO Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its the errors that hurt him, a couple from low concentration. He won't be getting 30 touches at AFL level but those errors remain.
And chances are woth the pae of the game increasing and pressure doing the same the errors may actually increase.

No second grabs etc... and we see it with Parfitt, MOC, Danger even.

GO Catters

He doesn’t need to add “spark” as such.
We just need to be competitive in the midfield and I think he would bring that.

Either way, he needs to be rewarded for his consistency.

I'm not sure he would be competitive in the senior midfield though - based on today's showing, there's a clear lack of defensive urgency, and that's something opposition teams would love

At one stage in second quarter, Foster out ran him along the wing, as he willed himself to keep applying the pressure with GWS moving the ball forward

He looks a good VFL player, but I don't see him getting a senior debut any time soon - especially with a lack of defensive urgency

Humphries is the one who is really banging down the door IMO. He’s clean, he’s composed, and despite his size and role he’s hard in the contest. Some of his defensive efforts have been outstanding.

Mannagh did play a fair bit through the middle last week, I hope we will see him back in the senior team soon for an extended run.

What are people’s thoughts on Bradtke for a list spot? He’s still young and does some nice things, probably needs to impact the game for longer.
But at the vfl games I’ve been to this year he works really hard off the ball, might be more rewarded at afl level.

Foster is a pretty big unit and I like that he has some attitude about him, I wouldn’t give up on him as a player. Could be a slower burn and has missed a lot of games. Will be interesting to see how he has developed by the end of the year if he continues playing each week. Always worth seeing how he goes down back before delisting we’re pretty bare down there.

Stevens been good today.

I get that Hardies had a heap of the ball and does so every week but this is his level. I don't think he offers anything at AFL. Probably deserves a crack but I wouldn't get excited.

Wouldn't mind Humphries getting a crack at some stage.

I've liked what I've seen of Humphries - looks clean & composed with ball in hand

Jeka has got more comfortable as the games gone on, and I've liked the look of Murdoch - reads the play well and gets into good positions defensively for marks or spoils

Clohsey hasn't eased up on the pressure all match

And while we know what Mannagh can bring, Willis up forward has also offered something different - if he stays fit, I wouldn't be surprised to see him get a senior debut before the end of the season

Clohesy gets another 1..

He has 2..

nice kick.

Still maintain he'll make it.

Needs time.. but will make it.

GO Catters

Is he playing prominently forward?

Mannagh?

Hasn't started a centre bounce outside of the forward 50 (except when on the bench)

He's had no genuine midfield time, and at times has been our deepest forward

He looks too good for this level, but hard to see who he replaces in the senior team

Willis makes something outta nothing really - good effort - COS from 55 just didnt make the ride.

GO Catters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back