VoteCompass 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 1372207

Polled closer to the greens that you'd expect due to my answers on water, coal, and emissions
This seems to be a common theme for labor voters of the complaints about vote compass on Twitter are anything to go by

Current ALP policy on some topics is lagging behind peoples views

Of course views and votes don't always align

This seems to be a common theme for labor voters of the complaints about vote compass on Twitter are anything to go by

Current ALP policy on some topics is lagging behind peoples views

Of course views and votes don't always align

its the nature of the questions, yes no questions on a sliding scale is stupid

take carbon emissions for example.

I said strongly agree that more should be done, but the question is what is "more".

"more" for me is a carbon tax and more user pays provisions. "more" for you (hypo you, not you you) may be shutting down all fossil fuel power and mining in 10 years.

the coal one was also stupid. ALP was "strongly disagree" with restricting coal exports. again, this is a sliding scale depending upon your individual perspective.

as ive said before, the questions being yes/no and ignoring UAP/PHON was a mistake

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So If I read you right and right socially means conservative then you think you should be about where the ALP is from where it's placed you which is about where the ALP is.
I'd say that if you made the black dot overlap the left side of the red dot on the graph, in the same parallel position, that would represent my views accurately enough.

There were some things I could only approve of under specific circumstances. Marijuana legislation is one of those. The issue with marijuana is that while it isn't lethal per se, it does burn people out and make them stupid (according to a former user who lived in Seattle when I spoke with him), so it could be somewhat injurious to the country's economy and hence society if regulated improperly. Plus it causes weight gain - not ideal in this country. It can also sometimes contribute to psychotic breaks, but that's a relatively minor issue.

So IMO, it needs to be taxed, priced and packaged like tobacco, because you don't wish to encourage widespread use.

A couple of ex-users have told me that the worst thing about marijuana is that it makes you feel okay about doing nothing with your life

Don’t know whether that stacks up on any sort of proven scientific level, but in terms of people I know there was definitely a strong correlation between stopping smoking and generally getting their s**t together

******* COMMIE !!!!!!!!! :D

I'm a centrist.

6cjmr5.jpg

I'm also a quiet Australian

maybe the RWNJ have a point when they say SRP heavily leans to the left (judging by the vote compassess)
FWIW mine is smack on top of the ALP one but I think its caused by some wildly inconsistent positions that I hold (I have 55% agree with ALP, 53% with Green and 52% with LNP)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back