Autopsy vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Folks, the post-match review on The Shinboner, mainly talking about the forward mix and how it's evolving: https://theshinboner.com/2018/05/28...view-north-melbourne-fremantle-the-shinboner/

r10_2.gif

^^ If the coaches could have that on replay all week, they would.

Not too many wraps for Froggy Dumont. Thought he was really solid today.

Good call, Heavy B.

Another guy who I thought played a valuable support role today that seems to have flown under the radar a bit is Jy. Had some very important touches at the coalface, and kept cracking in and contributing all day.

The thing I continue to love about Jy is that for a player who is so freakishly skilled, he seems to really relish the grunt work. Has no problem working 'inside', attacks the contest ferociously, and wet weather footy doesn't seem to phase him a bit. Great workrate, too. Rapidly turning into a very well-rounded footballer completely at home at this level. And that's a beautiful thing.

Everything else from the game seems to have been pretty much covered which suits my lazy arse just fine. Although I would like to give a quick shout-out to Sarah Jones' jeans, Derm's above-average South Park joke, and our kick-ins, which is another area of our game that continues to improve with every week.

Absolutely f'ing loving this season.

Although I would like to give a quick shout-out to Sarah Jones' jeans

Well said TOD. Big fan of SJ's clobber today. White shoes, jeans, smart blazer and a plain white tee. Strong form.

A lot of kudos was given to Atley's hands today (and rightly so, exceptional), but how clean was Turner at times today? Got the sticky fingers on.

New stadium is magnificent, which it should be given the cost.

Saw quite a few Dockers fans walking up to the train station at the 7 min mark of the last quarter.

Good to see the WA brethren in full voice again, everyone well behaved and just enjoying the win.

Was very windy and it obviously took us longer to get the hang of it. But 1.10 followed by 11.4 shows they learned.

Atley influential, Turner influential, Waite should demand an apology from anyone who laughed when Brad said his best footy was in front of him, Jacobs obviously. Didn't think anyone was terrible.

Game was pretty spiteful I think, leading to lots of off the ball frees and 50s. Listened to both ABC and AFL Nation calls and neither of them had much idea of what was going on.

Kudos to scottywiper for the pre-game function. Had a chuckle when Barry Cable said Ron Joseph could be very persuasive.

And yes I can advise that Le Grille is in fact a real person, I was about two minutes late but he was waiting with Mrs Grille on his arm and a beer in his hand so it couldn't have been that bad. Until I got there, of course. Looks nothing the selfie in his avatar though.
Tassie weather knowledge helped us adjust.

Ive come here to give you guys credit for the win yesterday. Congrats on how you're team is playing together. Waite is the first player to be quicker than Alex Pearce on the lead in Freo games this season. He could still have plenty of footy ahead of him yet. Anderson and Hartung have definitely added speed to your midfield (anderson playing at a higher level I mean). Both are averaging around 19 possessions a game, but more importantly they have added a line breaking component to your midfield compared to the last time we played you. With LDU on the list and Tarryn Thomas looking like an outstanding academy prospect your rebuilding from losing senior players in recent years seems to be going well from an outsiders perspective.

Last edited:

Some "Walkley" journalism there.

You lose by nearly 5 goals after only kicking 8, the best player in the comp gets 7 frees and some of your actual goals were from frees and 50m penalties.

But yeah, let us not have the same headline starting with "Selection blunder proves costly..." and proceed to talk about the merits of Cam McCarthy as your key forward.

Hahahahahahahahahaha.

They were wrestling and you could equally have said the North player was being impeded but was able to get himself free with greater strength.

Let's siphon off all that mineral wealth and then let them secede.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well said TOD. Big fan of SJ's clobber today. White shoes, jeans, smart blazer and a plain white tee. Strong form.

A lot of kudos was given to Atley's hands today (and rightly so, exceptional), but how clean was Turner at times today? Got the sticky fingers on.

all the females on fox footy are better than any bloke - it’s ridiculous that they have more on the NRL coverage - SJ is a total professional

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Can someone send "Justin Chadwick" an email, tweet, smoke signal, carrier pigeon and remind him that we kicked 1-8 from 17 forward entries in the first quarter?

We should have won by 10 to 12 ****ing goals!

In a Flick off a utensil our Defensive Structures have improved 69 Fold. Teff made mention of how awesome our forward press has been. Funky made mention that this is the best our 2 way running has looked under Scotts. The midfield mix is now right. I've said this before and I'll say it again but Benny J and Andersons have made a huge difference in our midfield. Andersons equal second in the game for pressure acts with 26 and 8 tackles. Benny J fourth in the game for pressure acts with 25 and 9 tackles. May it continue. :stern look

IMG_2271.PNG

But yeah, let us not have the same headline starting with "Selection blunder proves costly..." and proceed to talk about the merits of Cam McCarthy as your key forward.
a variation of that headline might have been more fitting for the NM V WC prelim a few yeas back, when Jacobs himself was monstered in the goal square and the result was within a kick.

I listened to both coaches' post game pressers in full and in each the same journos were throwing up the "what about that missed free kick which led to Atley's goal?" question, and in both cases the coaches didn't take the bait. In fact Lyon couldn't have dismissed the question any quicker than he did. Typical sycophantic local rag doing what they do.

At this rate of Northmentum it'll resemble this by September.

images

Re the missed call leading to Atley's goal. How about when Sandi KO'd durdin leading to the dockers goal, got him high with his shoulder.

Re the missed call leading to Atley's goal. How about when Sandi KO'd durdin leading to the dockers goal, got him high with his shoulder.

I can't see how he doesn’t get cited for it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back