Autopsy vs * - Rd 6, 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m not saying Brad recruited well mate. We didn’t draft a decent player for years under him. I’m saying, given the condition the list was in while he was coach, he did very well, performance wise, with the players at his disposal. Feel free to actually read my post before jumping to conclusions about what I’m saying.
Brad was a ******* joke.

The problem is that Shaw is starting to follow his lead with perplexing selection and a ****ed up game plan.

Were these guys performing on the emotion of having a new coach early on and now we are seeing where he really is at?

Mate our season was over when we dropped 3 games at home. We were never winning tonight.
Certainly never expected to win tonight but the way we lost was expected. Delivery in to the forward line was diabolical. Overall speed and skill of our players is just a rung below most other AFL teams and we rely on too few to do too much.

Bullshit. Anyone that says there is no rivalry is so ignorant.

The 90s and when North tried to get into the VFL are all well known.

Essendon supporters and players use the “What rivalry?”card so often it makes them look stupid. They think they sit on a throne when they say that.

Gotta love when there is no rivalry apparently but there are more Essendon pricks here commenting on a North Melbourne page then their own.
I didn’t say it didn’t exist.

We have Simpkin, LDU and Tarryn. I don't see any of the others becoming great players. Good players but not great ones. We need top end talent.
Zurhaar and Larkey closely behind.

they probably won’t be elite but they do a great job in their positions.

Firstly Essendon should have won by more, the scoreline flattered us.

On to us, once again it was left to too few. Goldy was magnificent as was LMac who showed why we took him so high. Play him in his right position and he shows his game. So happy for him.

Zurhaar was a lone hand up forward and tried his guts out. One of his best performances, gave some big hits on their 2 KPD players and was always providing options. Jy put in another excellent performance and with LMac and Goldy were then only 3 who stood up against the 56 midfielders they had, well it seemed like that many but you get my drift.

Walker was also very good, made a couple of blunders but was solid back there. Others who were ok were Tarrant and Dumont.

Our problem is we have no run from the back half which is why we look slow. If people think Shaw is instructing them to kick long down the line then youre mistaken. The problem is that players look for options but there aren't many or a clear one caused by players running from the back. Our backline needs a massive shake up because offensively our back flankers and pockets don't offer much in that area and that causes a ripple effect. You don't think Shaw knows this? You know we don't have many players on the bench that are match fit and you all know what happened when we did play an unfit player the last time.

Everyone needs to just sit back and chill as it will take Shaw and Brady at least this draft to start shaping the team. We have the nucleus of a very good team here but there will be bumps for a little while. It's the reason Kyron is down there as Shaw knows we are rubbish down back offensively and lack composure and while Kyron made some blunders, he made some of them trying to be creative while some were howlers but so what, he's a kid showing something and coming back from a 12 month injury. Keep him in for the rest of the year i say.

Now some of our more senior players are limited and either lack composure or don't have the footy smarts required at this level. This is the area we need to fix as most are the flankers that are causing the issue.

This year I'm watching my team's kids play and seeing this nucleus which currently has 5 rising stars and counting develop. This abusive crap cutrently aimed at the players and coach is pathetic, grow some balls and support them as we build.

TL/DR: Meh, I'm not even mad.

Go Roos

Certainly never expected to win tonight but the way we lost was expected. Delivery in to the forward line was diabolical. Overall speed and skill of our players is just a rung below most other AFL teams and we rely on too few to do too much.
Totally.

We need to get more games and conditioning into Thomas, Scott, Taylor, Zurhaar, Hayden, Mahoney, LDU, Walker, Perez and get two good mids in the coming draft to refresh the team.

If we can convince someone like Zac Williams to come across that will help too. This will allow us to mix up our movement and give our forwards a fighting chance to mark the pill.

Do you think Kyron has the potential to be a 100-200 game backman for us? Honestly?

He had 6 touches and went at 33% disposal efficiency.
So one minute you are saying he is not afl standard and the next you’re saying he could be Jy 2.0? And you wonder why I am confused?..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m not that phased. We’re obviously seriously off atm: effort was there tonight but it’s just not clicking. Keep the faith, the kids are good and the coach is learning. This season is a dumpster fire anyway. Phase out the older C graders, keep playing the kids.

And Aaron Hall...he does keep cracking in. Confusing player.
Not sure how you have come to the conclusion that the 'coach is learning?'

I've seen heck all from the coach this season that I still confidence in our future...

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mason Wood, at his very worst, has always given us a more flexible, mobile look. I know we’ve all been disappointed in how he hasn’t lived up to the potential we’ve, rightly or wrongly, seen in him. However, he would have created many, many more issues for the Bombers defence than a lumbering VFL player. Larkey, obviously, is the big loss up there. We were so crap tonight and still could have won.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Couldn’t agree more. How could you possibly pick Campbell over Wood! 🤷‍♀️

DELIST/TRADE :

MarleyWILLIAMS (played tonight)
BenJACOBS
TaylorGARNER
PaulAHERN (played tonight)
ShaunATLEY (played tonight)
DomTYSON
MasonWOOD
EdVICKERS-WILLIS
JamieMACMILLAN (played tonight)
TomCAMPBELL (played tonight)
AaronHALL (played tonight)
MajakDAW

Lets start drafting kids that can run, have speed, can hit targets.

Dont worry, we are going to have plenty of high draft picks coming in the next few years.

Forgive my weekly intrusion but my boy, Josh Walker, had the better of his opponent once again.

Twenty eight goals in the last four games sums up what is wrong. Only Zurhaar, playing in Richard Osbourne's old number, looks remotely like kicking multiple goals. The rest do not look the part.

Josh was never really a success up forward for Brissie but I thought it strange he hasn't been given a run there at some stage over the last couple of games. The truism is you should never rob a strength to plug a weakness, but five out of the six forwards have been non-existent for several matches in a row1 I would have opened up the last quarter with Josh in the goal square.

He couldn't play worse.

man Walker is a s**t truck . If he can’t mark it he’s ****ed. He’s just another plodder on our list of many plodders . But yes I’d try him fwd and then the other side of the fenxe if he’s no good there.

Listening to Shaw just made me lose even more confidence. Hopefully he is just putting a public face on for the smashing in private he needs to give.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Publically humiliating players won't achieve anything.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

man Walker is a sh*t truck . If he can’t mark it he’s f’ed. He’s just another plodder on our list of many plodders . But yes I’d try him fwd and then the other side of the fenxe if he’s no good there.

Harsh.

man Walker is a sh*t truck . If he can’t mark it he’s f’ed. He’s just another plodder on our list of many plodders . But yes I’d try him fwd and then the other side of the fenxe if he’s no good there.

Hes the absolute least of our problems at the moment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back