WCE v Collingwood Week 1 of the finals in Perth, how many tickets for each side's supporters?

Remove this Banner Ad

Herne Hill Hammer

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 22, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
I'm in WA and work with a Collingwood supporter, we were discussing the ticket allocation for each competing club.

Looking at the AFL rules, it looks like it's 50 / 50 for members and then whatever aren't sold will go on sale to the general public.

My work colleague says that he is a WA, Collingwood member and there are 30,000 of them.

It might be an interesting crowd come game time, not what people would be expecting, particularly with Optus limited to just 30,000.

I'm in WA and work with a Collingwood supporter, we were discussing the ticket allocation for each competing club.

Looking at the AFL rules, it looks like it's 50 / 50 for members and then whatever aren't sold will go on sale to the general public.

My work colleague says that he is a WA, Collingwood member and there are 30,000 of them.

It might be an interesting crowd come game time, not what people would be expecting, particularly with Optus limited to just 30,000.
Don't think those numbers are correct for Collingwood membership. I know in 2018 richmond had 3000 registered members in WA can't see the pies having 10 times that figure

Not sure how the allocation will work but if there's a 35k crowd I'd be very surprised if at least 25k of them aren't Eagles fans.

This is all I could find on the AFL website for this year's finals.

1600731667164.png

Not sure its actually 50/50. Dont they just open it up to members of the competing clubs and its first in best dressed and an equal opportunity?

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

35,500 tickets will be put up for sale. They are opening up some of the standing areas to fans as well as extra people allowed in Corps as size of gatherings have changed since our last home game

Magpie members stuck in Melbourne should share their barcodes with the Purple Army, we'll turn out to support your boys.

Yeah, I had already organised to do that with a Vic based Geelong member if Geelong made the gf and it was in Perth.

This is all I could find on the AFL website for this year's finals.

View attachment 967623
While the allocation might start at 50/50, in practice when the Pies fans don't use all their allocation, it's going to be the Eagles fans that get the tickets in WA. See below:

Don't believe everything your work mates say.
Collingwood have 77000 members this year, and he reckons 30000 of them are in WA :think:
Will be 95% eagles members at the game.

Not sure its actually 50/50. Dont they just open it up to members of the competing clubs and its first in best dressed and an equal opportunity?

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app
They always give adequate time for all members of the smaller team to get tickets in the members presale. Every Collingwood member who logs on at 9am will get a ticket.

Eventually the Eagles allocation will be sold out and bays will be moved front the Collingwood Allocation to the West coast allocation.

Magpie members stuck in Melbourne should share their barcodes with the Purple Army, we'll turn out to support your boys.

Still got your Melbourne scarf from the 2018 prelim? 🤣

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So your mate recons near on 1/3 off Pies members live in WA?

Members of competing have the same rights given its an AFL game.
No different to a GF.
it is different - im dead set certain you would get a couple of plane loads at least of noisy pies supporters flying over except for covid.

luckily collingwood have plenty of supporters in perth - imagine playing melbourne here.

but it will still be an exceptionally one sided crowd.

id suggest that collingwood members over east go out of their way to try and share barcodes with non members in the west.

You may as well. Worked out well last time when you lot turned up in Demons gear. :D

Seriously how sad. Maybe if you mob could see further than Big Bro's house you'd have some success by now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back