Universal Love We’re playing finals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don't agree. Those we need to not batter can freshen up and we have conditioning staff who can give them an intense run without having them smashed.
Three weeks off isn’t freshening them up, it’s letting them go stale. Simple.

A rest to 8 out of our best 22 when they have a week off between Round 23 and finals anyway. Can't see that ending badly.

Seriously though, people don't actually think that's a good idea do they? They won't have played a game for 21 days.
As I said, I'd overlooked the week off, but it would still be wise to nurse Raz, Heppell and Hooker through.

As I said, I'd overlooked the week off, but it would still be wise to nurse Raz, Heppell and Hooker through.
A couple of them, yeah that’s a different matter.

As Stopher noted though, 1990 is a cautionary tale on this if there ever needed to be one.

Lol, how about we have a toast thread once we WIN a final for the first time in 15 years.

Adelaide and Essendon are probably going to be two of the weakest sides to every play finals footy.

We conceded 21 goals in a row only a week ago.

You're an optimistic bloke aren't ya? If you've got nothing good to say, don't say it at all. People are allowed to enjoy being apart of finals footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If GWS defeat Bulldogs today:

- Essendon remain 7th win or lose next week against Collingwood.
- If Essendon lose round 23 their Elimination opponent will be GWS at Spotless.
- If Essendon win round 23 their Elimination opponent will be Collingwood (providing GWS also beat Gold Coast)

If Bulldogs defeat Essendon today:

- If Essendon win round 23 their Elimination opponent will be GWS at Spotless (providing GWS also beat Gold Coast)
- If Essendon win round 23 they will get a home final if GWS also lose to Gold Coast.
- If Essendon lose round 23 and Bulldogs lose then Essendon will face GWS at Spotless.
- If Essendon lose round 23 and the Bulldogs defeat Adelaide then Essendon will face Collingwood at the MCG (providing Richmond and West Coast both also win in round 23)

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
A rest to 8 out of our best 22 when they have a week off between Round 23 and finals anyway. Can't see that ending badly.

Seriously though, people don't actually think that's a good idea do they? They won't have played a game for 21 days.
I’ve had a distinct dislike for extended breaks since 1990.

Stupid Peter Sumich...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back