Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 18, 2002
demonwiki.org
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
AFC Wimbledon, Atlanta Braves
Friends,

In these difficult times there is only one man who can save us - and as coincidence would have us tomorrow is the 20 year anniversary of his 11.8 haul against North Melbourne.

To celebrate Jako's greatest moments (some of which are summarised here http://demonology.midnight.net.au/I...isplayPosts&MessageThreadID=35229&BoardType=0) Demonblog and Demonwiki are joining forces with various internet citizens to celebrate the great man's legacy and tell the world we want him to return.

How you can get involved in Allen Jakovich Day 2011

Twitter
Tweet your favourite memories on with #jakoday or write to @allenjakovich (which is not me may I point out) for a personalised response

Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=154734074600883 <-- commit to the event
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=3168070036 <-- join the support group

Post your favourite Jako memories on BigFooty

Real life
Do a bicycle kick goal!
Kiss your brother on the cheek!
Kick Gary Pert's water bottle away!
Do your back!
Father an illegitimate child!
Go to Footscray briefly!

Last edited:
I'm happy to father an illegitimate child in celebration. Any takers?

Plus I'll go in to a school and kick a kid's water bottle away and then do a Jako celebration just for him.

Great idea, some vintage jakovich highlights would cheer me up this week big time. That kiss on glen would be my personal favourite. What an absurd player he was, love it.

What a legend!

Giving it to the filth supporters in the right forward pocket is my best memory.

Still remember the day I was eagerly listening to the walkman and they announced he did his back getting out of the car at the Western Oval.
Was it '92 or '93? - can't remember.

He went ok for Woodville too back in the day when they were Norwood's bogey team.

Not on twitter but I'll have a quiet one in his honour.:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As I don't have twitter, I tried to get SEN to acknowledge the day on that morning glory show. Having failed to get on or have text read out, the spirit of jakovich inspired me to be petulant. Every answer to quiz questions was 'is it Allen Jakovich' followed by childish jokes such as; What's the difference between Tim Watson and Allen Jakovich? Allen Jakovich never knifed a coach (that I'm aware of). Tim said some 10 seconds later that they had one of the worst comedians ever on the SMS. With that done, it was time to be an adult again and go to work.

In 1992 – it might have been the last round – Jako took a mark some 50 metres out against Hawthorn. He was kicking towards the Punt Road end and he was on the Olympic Stand of the ground. It was a tough angle. He measured up the kick and slowly strode towards the man on the mark. All of a sudden he accelerated, ran around him on the boundary line side and slotted the goal.

To this day, it is the greatest goal I have ever seen. Ever. And I was there in 1991 when he kicked 11.

God I would love to see a full replay of that game in 1993 against the Eagles when he kissed his brother. What a match. To rise from the dead.

Howdy everyone - well yesterday was Allen Jakovich's birthday and he is now 44....21 seasons since he was recruited to the AFL.

I just wanted to thank some of the people on BigFooty that helped me locate as many videos as I could of the Melb Demons during the 91 to 94 period. You will be happy to know that I have finished a "best of Allen Jakovich" DVD.

A big thank you to Supermercado who had the first, best, web site of Allen Jakovich way back. It had a pic of Allen getting blasted in the players race by Worsfold during the R16 - 91 game against WCE. It was this website that got me started on looking through some old papers to enjoy the Allen story.

It was great being able to go week by week and follow Allen on his journey from unknown WA player to the top of list at NTFL and then SANFL to finally his recruitment to Melb Demons.

The "best of" DVD that I now have documents Allens journey from his first NTFL game (10 goals against Waratahs) to his final game against Carlton (1 goal) playing for the Bulldogs in 96. Along the way I have managed to get hold of some SANFL and even some NTFL action.

I am probably missing a few games and goals that are out there...but I am happy with the result - a DVD that documents approx 650goals and includes video of over 160 goals (many points - out of bounds etc) in just over 2 hours of video.
I hope to one day cut it into parts and load on youtube.

But again - thank you to everyone that helped.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back