Player Watch Welcome - James Trezise - 2023 VFL B&F Winner

Remove this Banner Ad

Has come from a long way back. Has to focus this pre season to build his body and work on his skills.

Athleticism is there, nice height and mobility.

Still long odds to make it but has done everything right so far in such a short time.

We need some of these types to turn good.
Does he have explosive speed? That was the only aspect I couldnt get a gauge on.

Wing please.

Yep, he certainly has the body type and athleticism we traditionally like in that position, though I guess that may change if Yze gets the gig.

I thought his debut was really impressive, a couple more pre-seasons and I suspect he'll be a regular senior player.

I thought he was one of our better debuts in a while. Our recruiting of this type of players has been A+ for a while. Let’s hope he goes on to have a career like Broad.

He reminds me of Jake bachelor except we didn’t have to pay a second round pick for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Am I the only one that sees a bit of Tom Stewart in him?

As soon as he gets some games under his belt, and builds that confidence to where he believes he belongs, he'll be as good as Tom Stewart is what I'm saying.
Will study how pointy his elbows are and get back to you on this one

As soon as he gets some games under his belt, and builds that confidence to where he believes he belongs, he'll be as good as Tom Stewart is what I'm saying.
Yep, can't wait for him to be a 5 x AA campaigner

yes

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The other thing that he has is that he has played half forward as a youngster so is that something he could fall back on if he can't get a gig at half back. We are not flushed with medium forwards. He is a good mark, has good pace and very good defensive attributes, which seems to be a prerequisite. It's not out of the question.
Played his local footy as a forward

LMAO you have no idea.

Easily our best and most reliable intercept defender at VFL level while also being the best 1v1. Doesn't have Gibcus height but Gibcus isn't getting genuine key talls so shouldn't be an issue.
Trezise is more in the Vlastuin mould than Gibcus, but I see your logic. I reckon they'll just rely on Broad to play taller (which I think he does well) and go with Brown who seems to be ahead of Trezise by a whisker.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back