Player Watch Welcome - James Trezise - 2023 VFL B&F Winner

Remove this Banner Ad

Orientation lol

Kick the pill through the Big sticks and tackle anyone that gets in your way?

Maybe they could do it as a group refresher coz there is a fair few that are struggling with these concepts this year lol

It’s more. Don’t touch strange t***ies, don’t send pictures of your dick, don’t be a moron. If you can’t manage that, call your club first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He is not ready yet, IMO his skills under pressure are poor but will develop over time. Coulthard is the one that could play this week.
That’s one of his strengths as he’s rarely under pressure due to his game IQ and composure. His weakness is mainly leg strength , but it’s improved a lot. I think he can gain a bit more leap and speed with preseason of professional S&C under Loo. 😉😀

That’s one of his strengths as he’s rarely under pressure due to his game IQ and composure. His weakness is mainly leg strength , but it’s improved a lot. I think he can gain a bit more leap and speed with preseason of professional S&C under Loo. 😉😀
Some upper body strength will help too hasn’t seen a gym yet

Some of his ball use yesterday was awful, surprised me as he was pretty good in that area until yesterday. Agree with other poster, Coulthard should easily get a game ahead of him, imo.

Meh - don't see all the fuss, state league quality player with even less tools than Mansell - won't be on the list by the end of next year at the very latest and thinking he's going to suddenly gain leap & speed at this point sounds like fanboy cope.:$
Doesn't need to gain leap and speed, has a good leap and is a good mark for his size, something Mansell isn't, is fast enough although given he is playing his first season as a half back has taken a few games to rebound to his game. Getting good numbers now. He has great athleticism, which gets him out of trouble and a generally good kick.

First year in any system other than local league, so there is surely some room for improvement. Mansell has taken 3 years to get to where he is, although I like Mansell as a player, I don't think he has the class of Trezise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Meh - don't see all the fuss, state league quality player with even less tools than Mansell - won't be on the list by the end of next year at the very latest and thinking he's going to suddenly gain leap & speed at this point sounds like fanboy cope.:$
HB start behaving yourself as he's shown up guys that have grown up with up to 2 years on a TAC list and with a minimum of two preseasons. Don't be so narrow minded as his potential is still untapped and unknown until the correct professional development given to him.

Doesn't need to gain leap and speed, has a good leap and is a good mark for his size, something Mansell isn't, is fast enough although given he is playing his first season as a half back has taken a few games to rebound to his game. Getting good numbers now. He has great athleticism, which gets him out of trouble and a generally good kick.

First year in any system other than local league, so there is surely some room for improvement. Mansell has taken 3 years to get to where he is, although I like Mansell as a player, I don't think he has the class of Trezise.
Different players...different strengths!
Trezise doesn't have the hardness of Mansell.

Think you are right about Tresize but under-selling Mansell a bit. I think they are both similar class footballers, good enough to be good solid AFL flankers/pockets/wingers/stoppers during their prime years 23 to 30 odd.

Different players...different strengths!
Trezise doesn't have the hardness of Mansell.
Not many do, but he is hard at the ball and a very good tackler, so plenty to work with. That hardness comes with a bit of time at the top level as well. Look at Sonsie and his struggle coming from underage footy physicality to AFL, much less VFL. He is starting to work it out just now it seems to me.

Think you are right about Tresize but under-selling Mansell a bit. I think they are both similar class footballers, good enough to be good solid AFL flankers/pockets/wingers/stoppers during their prime years 23 to 30 odd.
Always like Mansell, but not as a forward. Hard and quick, but a bit rough around the edges which he is starting to iron out. Trezise has more time and is more evasive, Mansell would rather run through than run round.

Always like Mansell, but not as a forward. Hard and quick, but a bit rough around the edges which he is starting to iron out. Trezise has more time and is more evasive, Mansell would rather run through than run round.

I think Mansell is a better overhead mark and better kick and generally more skilled player than a lot of people realise. He will never be a star class player, but you have to give these guys time to adjust to the level and get used to executing their skills under more pressure and with greater fatigue.

You've got to stop talking to yourself HB as it's unhealthy. Just hit the reply or quote button mate as it will cover your arse.;):):moustache:
Yeah never quite grasped the point of quoting a post that's directly above - I mean who else would I be talking to? - of course I often get caught out when someone posts while I'm replying or it's a new page.:$

Yeah never quite grasped the point of quoting a post that's directly above - I mean who else would I be talking to? - of course I often get caught out when someone posts while I'm replying or it's a new page.:$
Yeah well just do it please as I would hate to miss out reading your posts bc if somebody else quotes you or me beforehand then we could lose that vital part of communication between us.;)

Congratulations big fella on the AFL debut, you belong at this level. You got the X factor.

fox tv GIF by Ghosted

Definitely the start of a big career, but focus on this week and smashing in hard on those Port Campaigners

Remove this Banner Ad

Back