Player Watch Welcome - James Trezise - 2023 VFL B&F Winner

Remove this Banner Ad

Reminds me of a Nathan Broad / Nick Vlastuin type, maybe can't play quite as tall though.

He’s like a Mason Redman from Essendon for mine.

How did he go? I didn't see the game
Pretty good

Defensively he was extremely switched on and didn’t look lost at afl level

Few iffy kicks and decisions but nothing terrible either
A lot to like from him (Likewise from Brown)

For a first game, better than a pass mark.

Looks like one of those solid footballers, does a lot to a reasonable level, but may lack any outstanding attributes.

Nothing wrong with that though, need those guys on a list and they play important roles in the 22.

Good depth player at the very least which is a win from the MSD. It's your top 30 that win flags not the best 22.

Looks like one of those solid footballers, does a lot to a reasonable level, but may lack any outstanding attributes.

Nothing wrong with that though, need those guys on a list and they play important roles in the 22.

Good depth player at the very least which is a win from the MSD. It's your top 30 that win flags not the best 22.

His tackling, marking and ability to keep his feet in contests are strong attributes.

His kicking will need to improve over time, but it is likely to, see Broad for example and Trezise is starting ahead of him in terms of kicking skills.

He is probably going to be a really solid player for us about 2 years from now, with the ability to stop certain mid sized forwards from hurting us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he's the benchmark for our bottom 6 going forward then I'm pretty happy with what I saw. Will only get better and to perform like that, away from home against a so called contender thats an A- for me.

Signed a 1 year extension\\

Richmond youngsters Matthew Coulthard, James Trezise, and Seth Campbell have put pen to paper on new contracts for the 2024 season, extending their stay at the Swinburne Centre.

Coulthard and Trezise joined the Club via the Mid-Season Rookie Draft in May on short-term contracts, while Campbell was Richmond's first pick, No. 12 overall at last year's Rookie Draft.

Needs to work on those foot skills but has all the other tools to make a solid medium defender

good in the air and on the ground AND ultra-competitive. I can see him being the type we play on dangerous small/medium forwards.

Bringing in Brown and Tresize (and Gibcus) could give our back 6 that freshness we need. At times this year our backs looked slow and fumbly.

The other thing that he has is that he has played half forward as a youngster so is that something he could fall back on if he can't get a gig at half back. We are not flushed with medium forwards. He is a good mark, has good pace and very good defensive attributes, which seems to be a prerequisite. It's not out of the question.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back