Welcome Welcome Josh Draper!! - 2022 Cat B Rookie List

Remove this Banner Ad

Josh Draper come on down.
Mark this scrappy old 4 point win as the day we found a new player.

I have liked this young lad since I first saw him but given how raw he was, I was still unsure. I was much surer after his solid debut last week and upon re watching discovered he took at least 5 intercept marks.

But this week!!! I am so pumped. As another poster said, hes could be as good as AA Johno, one of my all time faves.

Drapes has SO much more muscle to put on, so much more to develop his game. Can you imagine another 20 % improvement each year for the next two years!!

I think I previously cheekily said Josh will be best 22 by next year. Now Im thinking that Im underselling him.

With his height, athleticism speed and one grab ball handling, his real value may yet be, to release, Chappie out of the backline.

Ive just got back from the game and so it could be the Jack and cokes or it could be Ive binged on Poshman posts too much lately but I see no reason to not believe Josh Draper, 2026 Freo Premiership player.

Much more impressed with this week's game than last week's. Looked shaky last week which is absoloutly understandable for his debut. This week he looked much more composed and agile.

Hes listed at 197cm. I wonder if hes going to keep growing?

Do we view him as a developing key backman, or do we always think he's going to be a 3rd tall?

Very excited by his potential!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The commentary said they’d “come back” to that one hand pick up and I don’t think they ever did. Was the most disappointing part of my day.
Shame they didn’t show it again but I think the comment referred to “we’ll talk about that a bit more”. The frenetic nature of the play made it too hard to replay but one of the commentators (Pav I think) commented just after about how special that ground ball was and then there were some comments that his play reminded them of Michael Johnson. I was impressed with his contested mark early in the third quarter.

Watched the game after being live last night and not appreciating the game he had

That one hand pick up was nice, often backing himself in congestion and taking the right option

Looked cooked towards the end but really impressive

When that puppy fat disappears and he builds a tank - will be really solid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back