Welcome Welcome Luke Jackson!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Ill admit it, I was quietly wondering if he’d be a bust, I’m hesitant to jinx it! But I’m not wondering that anymore.

He’s got all the weapons, loved the goal today against the Dees. Just needs to consistently hang onto marks when he crashes packs.

My only lingering concern is his game is all physical, he might burn bright but quickly, the club will need to make the most of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

I feel like hes a season off completely tearing the competition apart. Already doing so much and he isnt near his ceiling yet.

We might have paid for a unicorn. We got an absolute monster.
1685226379060.jpeg

Amongst his many qualities is catlike reflexes & with his wingspan the ability to get a hand out to intercept handballs and quick possession around a pack then get it going our way. It reminds me of Michael Johnson.
He creates scoring opportunities from this more than any other player I’ve seen. Uncanny.

Amongst his many qualities is catlike reflexes & with his wingspan the ability to get a hand out to intercept handballs and quick possession around a pack then get it going our way. It reminds me of Michael Johnson.
He creates scoring opportunities from this more than any other player I’ve seen. Uncanny.

Yeah the quick hands in close is the basketball influence I reckon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot of young players would go into their shell playing against their old team for the first time in a huge match at the G after a high profile trade.

Our boy is genuinely unphased by the moment, you just cant teach that.
"Yeah, nah, it's just a game mate"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot of young players would go into their shell playing against their old team for the first time in a huge match at the G after a high profile trade.

Our boy is genuinely unphased by the moment, you just cant teach that.
Jackson genuinely love the Dees and playing against his mates wasn’t the same as somebody leaving on bad terms.

I think LJ is closer to kouta than a first ruck.

Absolutely immense performance on the weekend and he did amazing around the ruck contest but I think he's general awesomeness and unicorn-lile attributes mask the fact that he rucked a big chunk of the game and had only 15 hitouts and very few hitouts that were effective.

To my mind he should be 2nd ruck-mid-forward. We looked amazing with Jackson at Darcy's feet.

May have the best left foot out of all our right footed mids.

Absolutely immense performance on the weekend and he did amazing around the ruck contest but I think he's general awesomeness and unicorn-lile attributes mask the fact that he rucked a big chunk of the game and had only 15 hitouts and very few hitouts that were effective.

To my mind he should be 2nd ruck-mid-forward. We looked amazing with Jackson at Darcy's feet.

I was saying it all last year, his actual ruck work is poor for a ruck, but his follow up and ground level work and his work around the ground is elite, which is what makes him so valuable and what really makes the Darcy/Jackson combo work. Pisses me off all the commentary about trading darcy bc LJ is a good enough ruck because he's wasted playing a full game there.

Pretty much this

Corns saying we need to trade out Darcey is a no from me

He was immense and was playing against two of the best ruckman in the last decade.

Gee whillickers. That's up there with the quarter Pav took Norths apart or Fyfey waltzing past half the Geeeebung polo club to goal then wag the finger.

Jab it straight into my eyeballs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back