Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Calsher Dear!

Remove this Banner Ad

Hoping he and Mcabe will push each other further and further. I reckon Mcabe will be raring to go after what he has seen Dear do.

McCabe can play KPP forward or back. One of our ITK reported we’re hoping to use McCabe as a forward.

If we get Battle, it would make since to play McCabe forward.

Really looking forward to watching McCabe and Ryan play VFL together.

I'm really loving what I see of this kid with his good hands, instincts, and great defensive competitiveness. His improvement over the past two years from being a very outside chance to be drafted to being a young tall with immense potential greatly excites me if he can continue this upward trend. I'm confident he will.

That pack grab he clunked on the weekend showed just about everything he needs in that area - reading the flight, judgment, positioning and strong hands.

Roughy was a great player but Dear I think is stronger above his head, even though Roughy was good.

Dear could be more Stuart Lowe,
Nick Holland with how strong a mark he is.

He does like coming into a contest from one side in particular sides will stop this…but he is in front nearly every time which suggests he reads it very early so.they may not be able to.

The improvement in Calsher is amazing in a year. Was talking to a mate whose son played on him in Coates league last year and would beat him every game. His son is playing suburban footy (still good mind you), and Cslsher is beating KDs in AFL

Don’t write his name. Just send it to HFC for the mid season draft!

Roughy was a great player but Dear I think is stronger above his head, even though Roughy was good.

Dear could be more Stuart Lowe,
Nick Holland with how strong a mark he is.
That clunk brought as much joy and hope to my heart as anything else that happened in the first 3/4 on Sunday…

The improvement in Calsher is amazing in a year. Was talking to a mate whose son played on him in Coates league last year and would beat him every game. His son is playing suburban footy (still good mind you), and Cslsher is beating KDs in AFL
I heard similar. Mid season he was a long way back. Talk about a late bloomer. Exactly what we needed thankfully.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He does like coming into a contest from one side in particular sides will stop this…but he is in front nearly every time which suggests he reads it very early so.they may not be able to.
He is already very strong in the legs, which is why he can stand up in a contest, and he tends to fight for position early, so by the time the ball arrives he is at an advantage, but it looks like his opponent was not paying attention.

He is only going to get stronger and this will maximise his marking strength.
We are so lucky.

It will be interesting to compare Dear to Caddy.

Dear is such a natural footballer, his having a big impact on our forward line (and dimma).

Not his 'round the corner' kicks, that's for sure...
Hhhhmmm yes. His hands were ok but all the other bits seemed to falter during those “points” in the match.

im an idiot GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Back