Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn: Mitchell Lewis. Extended to 2026!

Remove this Banner Ad

Operate the knee if needed and get him on the park next year.

Why don’t we in all seriousness we seem to rest players for long periods in the hope the injury comes good, then the player has problems for a few years with the same injury.

Why don’t we in all seriousness we seem to rest players for long periods in the hope the injury comes good, then the player has problems for a few years with the same injury.
Who else?

This is so innacurate. Birch would start training and get to about 80% before he got swelling in his knee and recovery issues, pain and had to pull it back. It was a frustrating injury. That required patience that players never really have in season. Its hard to manage as its hard to know where the player is at they would have to tell u and the process starts again. Birch really needed to rest it more than he did. He was just keen to get back out there as soon as possible especially since he hadnt missed many games prior to that injury.

This is so innacurate. Birch would start training and get to about 80% before he got swelling in his knee and recovery issues, pain and had to pull it back. It was a frustrating injury. That required patience that players never really have in season. Its hard to manage as its hard to know where the player is at they would have to tell u and the process starts again. Birch really needed to rest it more than he did. He was just keen to get back out there as soon as possible especially since he hadnt missed many games prior to that injury.
Similar with Lewis now, he seems eager to return but needs to rest and bide his time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why can’t people listen to or read the injury reports? I quite literally make sure that they are posted each week on this board.

They’ve backed him off, they will now try to bring his loads up and will monitor how he is feeling.

Sure, I’m certain someone or some people within the club are wondering if this is just Mitch not being able to play injured, but the fact that we’ve got Burge declaring that he’s going to be running on the AlterG to limit stress on the knee suggests that it’s not just some fabricated issue.

Im hearing the club think Lewis is fit to play but he’s saying he’s not ready and refusing to play. Second hand source, so take with a grain of salt, but maybe others have heard this?
Mitchell Lewis and Peter Burge were in the closet together breaking his knee and I saw his broken knee and the broken knee looked at me.

Sent from my CPH2343 using Tapatalk

Im hearing the club think Lewis is fit to play but he’s saying he’s not ready and refusing to play. Second hand source, so take with a grain of salt, but maybe others have heard this?
Genuine rubbish, put him on an alter-g but think he can play

Ok

What Rot

Mitch was down on the park today, running laps and then even involved in a bit of kicking.

Knee was heavily strapped.

IMG_5874.jpeg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back