Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Pick 7, Cam MacKenzie, extends to 2026!

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And here I am quoting this post.
Quote the troll or troll the quote

Troll Trolling GIF

He doesn't lack leg speed though, did a sub 3 second 20 meter sprint.
We haven’t seen it to date. Suggest he’s gassed a lot during games so hasn’t been able to access it yet if he does possess it. He does appear flat footed a fair bit.

I didn’t notice speed from stoppages as a recurring feature of his draft highlights. He does go mostly sideways when he gets it to date in his career.

Yeah bro... you're right.
It goes all the way back to 2001 tbh and the club has been sleepwalking to mediocrity ever since.

Mitchell - slow, can't run.
Hodge - poor work ethic, bit fat.
Lewis - fat, no right foot, slow,
Buddy - can't mark overhead, no right foot, zero pack presence, more of a flanker than KPF.
Roughead - Can't mark in a pack, is he a forward or back?
Birchall - undersized, can't mark overhead to save himself, no physical presence.
Guerra - rejected by two clubs, wth are we doing.
Gilham - OMG stop it!
Ellis/Dowler/Thorp - no comment.

When the club wakes up and starts drafting perfect players, maybe we will have a chance at winning, like we did in the 80s.
Sarcasm right?

On SM-G990E using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s played 24 AFL games.

Performing pretty much as well as you’d reasonably expect.

No idea why people think he’s a “slow burn” or is bucking second year blues.

Most young mids don’t start like Nick Daicos or Harry Sheezel. The vast majority develop exactly as Cam is going.

On track. 👍

Most young mids don’t start like Nick Daicos or Harry Sheezel. The vast majority develop exactly as Cam is going.

On track. 👍
I agree with the point you were making about Cam but Sheezel got 10 possessions a week in his first season walking out of the square from a behind. And another 10 kicking laterally. Most weeks. Used well but not as a mid.

He has only just ventured into the middle of the ground in recent weeks and his output has plummeted as a result. Nice player, but not in the same ball park as Daicos.

Cam is travelling very well and his ceiling is really high. Defensive side of his game is improving but it has a bit to go.

I agree with the point you were making about Cam but Sheezel got 10 possessions a week in his first season walking out of the square from a behind. And another 10 kicking laterally. Most weeks. Used well but not as a mid.

He has only just ventured into the middle of the ground in recent weeks and his output has plummeted as a result. Nice player, but not in the same ball park as Daicos.

Cam is travelling very well and his ceiling is really high. Defensive side of his game is improving but it has a bit to go.

Sheezel had 58 total kick in play-ons last season.

Looks more composed with each passing game. Has that rare quality where the game seems to slow down around him as he dictates the play. The kid is glimpsing the Matrix.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back