Player Watch Welcome to Port Adelaide Brandon Zerk-Thatcher

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Thatcher a trade???
The impression I get is he is out the door because of his lack of value to Essendon!
If that's the case and we pick him up that would be disappointing. This clubs fascination with mediocrity is troubling to say the least. It's a part of the reason we fall short of grand final wins.

Watched him closely all year cos I thought we’d be interested. Better option than whatever we’ve got, would look better in a Port back 6 than he did with Essendon. No surprises that he appeared to be very solid at the beginning and then progressively worse as the bombers mids got dominated and their form petered out.

I like his competitiveness, defends hard at every contest, doesn’t give up on chasing down leading forwards til the ump blows for a mark, however when he’s beaten, it does tend to make him look sillier/clumsier than other KPD’s who take the oppo best KPF (I’m thinking of the Hawkins 8 goal game).

Is Thatcher a trade???
The impression I get is he is out the door because of his lack of value to Essendon!
If that's the case and we pick him up that would be disappointing. This clubs fascination with mediocrity is troubling to say the least. It's a part of the reason we fall short of grand final wins.

Zerk has a contract in front of him at Essendon.

I'd much rather not hear about blokes nominating us during a finals campaign tbh let alone old mate meeting with Grundy.
What? You mean we are still in it?

Steve Harvey Reaction GIF

Lol horrible call.

Sinn is a huge talent who’s only been held back by injury. This year he made huge strides to come back from that.
I'd love to offload him at this point for something reasonable

Zerk will be a good get for you guys and a big loss for us.
Yes he struggles 1v1 with the gorillas but he has some real good attributes and if used properly can be a very handy player. He wasn’t helped by our unaccountable midfield letting the opposition waltz through the middle time after time.
Anyway we all know how this plays out with the Dud in charge.
Cripps: We will give you pick 37
Dudoro: Your first and Butters
Cripps, Nah pick 43 and Bonner
Dudoro: Butters and a future second
Cripps: “Hangs up phone”
With 2 minutes to go in the trade period Essendon trades Zerk to Port for pick 37 and a swap of third round draft picks

Bonner + 3rd for BZT + 4th gets it done surely gives them a best 22 player and allows us to land Sweet with that 4th too rotation player and an unproven rookie 3rd round pick for two best 22 players

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I’m really unsure how it will work.

We traditionally play our key defenders in zones, and they’re marched up against whoever is in their area.

We played clurey / McKenzie deepest on the last line of defence, Alir plays up a bit further more around chb and Jonas around the same area-ish but not taking the bigger tall thst Alir would take.

I don’t know who out of the newer guys we would play in that deepest role. I don’t like esava in that role at all. He normally plays more free and loose up the ground. I don’t think he’s the type we want on the last line.

I’m not sure about zerk in that role either.

to be honest I reckon McKenzie or pasini would actually be better fits for that continued spot playing next to Alir and one of zerk or esava.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its interesting as I wouldnt think either of BZT or Esava are good offensively or defensively they are kinda lukewarm both ways. Esava more likely to get the job on the no.1 you would think.

Esava never did that at Geelong. He plays loose. Youve probably gotten closer to manning up a player than he did this year.

Tho as I’ve said, we play zones and players pick up whoever is in their zone.

I can’t see us trusting esava on the last line of defence, not at all, so he should be up around the ground sitting across half back trying to gobble up high kicks.

The question is who will we play on the last line of defense? The deepest key tall? Were we normally play McKenzie? Before that clurey took that role. I can’t see zerk in that role either? So Alir? His intercepts would drop right off tho. It would be like using a sports car in the Dakar rally..

Bomber supporter here.

I'd imagine Duursma might be the likely choice, but is Josh Sinn even an option? From what I know he's had a bit of an injury plagued career but feel he'd still be considered a required player for you guys. I think he'd be overs in other words but I'm happy to defer to you guys.

Wish Zerk the best and hope he gets to you.
Duursma is required and if not for injury would have played every game this year. He hasn't re-found his form but some here are ready to turf out anyone who hits a weak patch of form even when injury is at the root cause. Early last year they didn't rate Rozee and wanted him traded out. Fortunately the club leadership are not so trigger happy.

Is Thatcher a trade???
That impression is not true of this year's rating. He played 22 games this year and generally had the job on the oppositions top KPF.

I’m really unsure how it will work.

We traditionally play our key defenders in zones, and they’re marched up against whoever is in their area.

We played clurey / McKenzie deepest on the last line of defence, Alir plays up a bit further more around chb and Jonas around the same area-ish but not taking the bigger tall thst Alir would take.

I don’t know who out of the newer guys we would play in that deepest role. I don’t like esava in that role at all. He normally plays more free and loose up the ground. I don’t think he’s the type we want on the last line.

I’m not sure about zerk in that role either.

to be honest I reckon McKenzie or pasini would actually be better fits for that continued spot playing next to Alir and one of zerk or esava.
Maybe our coaches need to rethink our defensive structure.

Duursma is required and if not for injury would have played every game this year. He hasn't re-found his form but some here are ready to turf out anyone who hits a weak patch of form even when injury is at the root cause. Early last year they didn't rate Rozee and wanted him traded out. Fortunately the club leadership are not so trigger happy.
I appreciate the replies and to me all of these are simply hypotheticals but important to hear from those that know (ei: you guys).
Cheers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back