Player Watch Welcome to Richmond - Jacob Koschitzke

Remove this Banner Ad

It's hard to argue about those outs, but how Broad & Grimes both hold their spots is a bit of a concern for me.

What concerns me is in a match where our leaders and experienced players truly let us down, Yze's reaction was to drop 4 players who have played a combined 25 games for the club, & Ryan was 16 of them. Its only round 2, but if things still smell in 3 weeks & we are still selecting the side with that ethos - we are in deep s**t
We are in deep s anyway. The new coach trying under old coaches' favs and doing the exact same things. We may know if he can coach in 5 years time when most of it will be his team but will he get the luxury as Dimma did?

We are in deep s anyway. The new coach trying under old coaches' favs and doing the exact same things. We may know if he can coach in 5 years time when most of it will be his team but will he get the luxury as Dimma did?
He won’t last that long. Newman will replace him within two years.

Coaches are panicking already
Sure they are but unfortunately you take a punt on these mid rage forwards from other clubs, they'll either turn out to be like Fraser Gehrig aka G train an absolute star like St. Kilda got or a potato like Kent Kingsley we've had before and looks like we have another one again at this stage in Kozi.

Last edited:
Might be against the trend , but I find it puzzling dropping him.Why trade for him if your going to drop him after one bad game when the whole side was crap. Give him a block of games for me, and now with Lynch in to takes the heat off him.
Could be one of those things where he isn't "dropped" internally, they've discussed a structural change this week or they've said gameplan wise we need you to work on these specific things and you'll be back in 2 weeks or something similar.

Or they could have dropped him,

Honestly nothing I've seen in the intraclub, preseason or round 0 games filled me with any confidence, I just think he's a genuine bust.

Might be against the trend , but I find it puzzling dropping him.Why trade for him if your going to drop him after one bad game when the whole side was crap. Give him a block of games for me, and now with Lynch in to takes the heat off him.
I guess they had a look at Ryan, Naism in the ruck in preseason games...

and we are using a 2 KPF set up still, and Lynch takes Kozsi's spot.

Just one ruck too, cos Balta, wow first time I'd seen up fwd, first half, the whole side was crap. Martin IN is huge, Balta back up ruck worked in the 2nd half

Maybe so but he's not a bash and crash type forward and that's what Kozi lacks winning one on one contests and some mongrel as well.
You’re right in that it’s all about competing for Kozi but the problem is and many of you here are probably not aware when we were missing Mitch Lewis last year for the first seven rounds that’s all we needed him to do, to present and compete and he was so poor at that this that we dropped him to Box Hill, leaving us with Fergus Greene and Luke Bruest as our two key focal points up forward who are both sub 190 cm. The writing was on the wall for him at this point.

I’ve not heard his comment suggesting he had no one to learn from but Mitch Lewis makes a mockery of that if he did say it.

You’re right in that it’s all about competing for Kozi but the problem is and many of you here are probably not aware when we were missing Mitch Lewis last year for the first seven rounds that’s all we needed him to do, to present and compete and he was so poor at that this that we dropped him to Box Hill, leaving us with Fergus Greene and Luke Bruest as our two key focal points up forward who are both sub 190 cm. The writing was on the wall for him at this point.

I’ve not heard his comment suggesting he had no one to learn from but Mitch Lewis makes a mockery of that if he did say it.
Mitch Lewis, give me a break. Just a player

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m sure the “omitted” next to his name was a mistake, he’s just pulled up a bit sore after a few heavy knocks ….. he will be fine to come back into the team when his body has recovered

I was one of the few who thought he wasn't that bad last week. Yes, in an ideal world at some stage you want the 'competing' to turn into some marks and scoreboard pressure, but I can't recall him giving up any intercept marks in the contests he was in. Probably didn't help his cause that the ball rarely made it past the centre in the first half.

It was only his 3rd game of any description with his teammates too, so it'll take a few weeks at least to get used to playing actual games against opposition in his new side.

Ross finally made the starting 22 has been an interesting watch.

Preseason fave Mansell straight back IN too and Pickett might play forward too.

Graham is the only injury, so, no excuses with available players.
I don't mind Mansell back in, but maybe he can go up the wing and replace MacIntosh. He is faster, tougher and more physical, a better kick and a good runner.
I don't mind Pickett up on the wing.
But both he and Mansell are not forwards full stop. 20 goals between them last year as full time forwards.
Look what Campbell did as a natural forward, should have been 3 goals in his first game.
Cumberland is a natural forward also, a better mark and a lot more dangerous than Pickett.

If Graham comes straight back in....

I was one of the few who thought he wasn't that bad last week. Yes, in an ideal world at some stage you want the 'competing' to turn into some marks and scoreboard pressure, but I can't recall him giving up any intercept marks in the contests he was in. Probably didn't help his cause that the ball rarely made it past the centre in the first half.

It was only his 3rd game of any description with his teammates too, so it'll take a few weeks at least to get used to playing actual games against opposition in his new side.
Which is why I reckon he’s been dropped back to VFL. Get used to the game style and get some confidence in his marking.

I don't mind Mansell back in, but maybe he can go up the wing and replace MacIntosh. He is faster, tougher and more physical, a better kick and a good runner.

If Graham comes straight back in....
Lol, those attributes you say he’s better than Kmac? You’re kidding, possibly a better kick but that’d be it imo.

Sure they are but unfortunately you take a punt on these mid rage forwards from other clubs, they'll either turn out to be like Fraser Gehrig aka G train an absolute star like St. Kilda got or a potato like Kent Kingsley we've had before and looks like we have another one again at this stage in Kozi.
And we can't say the true Hawk's supporters didn't warn us

Lol, those attributes you say he’s better than Kmac? You’re kidding, possibly a better kick but that’d be it imo.
Mansell is very quick, and very hard at the ball. When he was playing at half back he was pretty ferocious. Kmac has decent pace, can run all day, and has decent hardness, but rarely cracks in gets the ground ball. I think Mansell has plenty of attributes to be a good wingman, and not many as a small forward. Happy to see him play up the ground ala Graham's role if he plays forward.

The midfield couldn't be that bad again, , Lynch & Balta is an improvement Balta going into the ruck was great, Lynch and the 7 dwarves at those times.

Dusty is a huge IN and Bolton in the middle will help.

Campbell has good fwd craft. MRJ had an OK game but despite doing lots of kicking practice before the game (with Campbell) left one out there.

Campbell's goal up the scoreboard end was insane.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back