Player Watch Welcome to Richmond - Jacob Koschitzke

Remove this Banner Ad

He has no control over those guys as they're the cards he picked up off the ground. They can't play 3 tractors in the guts at the one time.
He is part of the decision process, don't fool yourself into thinking he has no say in who is playing midfield at any one time.

He is part of the decision process, don't fool yourself into thinking he has no say in who is playing midfield at any one time.
you are too deep CR as he inherited this midfield and it's one paced and limited. He still needs to realize though that it ain't going to work and will need to change tact

I know he's won plenty of detractors after just one game against the Gold Coast where basically none of our players were any good, but if they do decide to try him in defence, what an opportunity this is for him

Yeah but he was pretty pathetic in the VFL yesterday too.
Tough gig...tough audience!
Only been with the Players over the Pre.
And only played one AFL game and one VFL...different structures and plays...
He's not a gun forward...was recruited to be third?!? after Lynch!
To be fair has had a tough initiation so far!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would hate to say it, but if think Chol has far more upside than Kosi ever will.

Chol's ability to play ruck around the round & compete far surpasses where Kosi is atm. Kosi is several years younger of course, but watching both now - it seems really clear to me that Chol >>>> Kosi in 2024. Not sure Kosi will ever even reach the level of Chol, right now.

Our forward issues bugs me more than any we have tbh, as there have been a plethora of very gettable options we passed on over the last 5 years that would have insured our future post Riewoldt considerably

I was all in on trying to take advantage of bargain deals options that were available for next to nothing on the trade table, but required us to carry a bad contract for a year, 2 tops. Was all in on Peter Wright, Levi Casboult & Jesse Hogan - especially Wright & Hogan. Any 1 of these 3 being on the list would, i believe, impact winning considerably. We would be 3-4 more wins a year better off IMO & would have had a structure that you could build around for the next 5 years. Hogan especially was a massive opportunity. He was dead and buried at Freo & required love and care. At the time our club was the best in history at that, at least in reputation (truth is it had already peaked and was on a decline).

As much as people don't want to hear it, the best thing we can do this year is finish bottom 3. We need elite talent as we don't have the structual players required to seriously compete for the 8

I would hate to say it, but if think Chol has far more upside than Kosi ever will.

Chol's ability to play ruck around the round & compete far surpasses where Kosi is atm. Kosi is several years younger of course, but watching both now - it seems really clear to me that Chol >>>> Kosi in 2024. Not sure Kosi will ever even reach the level of Chol, right now.

Our forward issues bugs me more than any we have tbh, as there have been a plethora of very gettable options we passed on over the last 5 years that would have insured our future post Riewoldt considerably

I was all in on trying to take advantage of bargain deals options that were available for next to nothing on the trade table, but required us to carry a bad contract for a year, 2 tops. Was all in on Peter Wright, Levi Casboult & Jesse Hogan - especially Wright & Hogan. Any 1 of these 3 being on the list would, i believe, impact winning considerably. We would be 3-4 more wins a year better off IMO & would have had a structure that you could build around for the next 5 years. Hogan especially was a massive opportunity. He was dead and buried at Freo & required love and care. At the time our club was the best in history at that, at least in reputation (truth is it had already peaked and was on a decline).

As much as people don't want to hear it, the best thing we can do this year is finish bottom 3. We need elite talent as we don't have the structual players required to seriously compete for the 8

Chol was never ever going to achieve consistency with us. Even if we played him every week to make the spot his own, he would have dished up more of the same efforts that frustrated us for years.

From an elite talent perspective, sure there is a benefit to finishing bottom 3, but this is a year of transition where we have to work out if the youth we accumulated over the past few years can actually play. If we finish bottom 3 then I would view it as a disaster caused by poor talent identification and development.

Kosi was cheap, he might come good, he might not. We retained Miller, these guys are insurance if someone goes down, nothing more.

Gibcus going down for the year is such a killer kid was set for a great year learning to control our backline but this might come as a blessing in disguise. Kozi was an elite KPB in his draft years getting named all Australian at FB have always though he would be a better defender than forward when the hawks switched him there. Play him back for the rest of the year see what we got I say

Chol was never ever going to achieve consistency with us. Even if we played him every week to make the spot his own, he would have dished up more of the same efforts that frustrated us for years.

From an elite talent perspective, sure there is a benefit to finishing bottom 3, but this is a year of transition where we have to work out if the youth we accumulated over the past few years can actually play. If we finish bottom 3 then I would view it as a disaster caused by poor talent identification and development.

Kosi was cheap, he might come good, he might not. We retained Miller, these guys are insurance if someone goes down, nothing more.

I agree re the reasoning behind going with Kosi over Chol from our perspective.

I reckon the Hawks will be high fiving in the back office that they managed to turn Kosi's current game output for what Chol brings. Chol was massively underrated in his time with us. He provided genuine top floor depth if any one of Lynch, Riewoldt, Nankervis, Soldo went down. Which actually happened alot over our 3-peat era. He almost always was "Seniors" ready too - he would came straight in and cover those roles perfectly within the team structure, be it with moments where he would be lazy, ball watch, or undisciplined things on the defensive side of him game (west coast 2021, last 3 minutes). You at least notice when he is on the field, Kosi is a bit like Ryan where thats not always a given.

Lynch and balta out means Kosi is back in and will lead our forward line as the spearhead

Remove this Banner Ad

Back