Rumour WereDocker: The Freagle Among Us - Game on!

Remove this Banner Ad

Truckosaurus

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 19, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Game starts here

I'm running a West Coast-themed game of Werewolf. If you didn't see my post in RDT, this is basically how it works:
Me said:
One of the participants is randomly selected at random by some randomised means to be the Freagle lurking among us. Only I, as compere, and the Freagle know who the Freagle is. Every night, the Freagle kills one other participant of their choice (by sending me a message with the name). In the morning, the survivors try to determine who the Freagle is (by majority vote). If they're right, they win. If they're wrong, the exiled/executed can gloat from the sidelines in safety. The Freagle will try and lead you astray.

Register your interest here to play. As we're all pretty bored by this point, pick any Eagle past or present to roleplay in the game for added spice. Registrations close 8pm WST Friday, 10 April with the game to start on Saturday. None of us are going away this Easter, so no excuses about missing out because of it.

Registered
kane249 - Fraser Gehrig
DanWCE - Ben Cousins
Carbine Chaos - Corey Adamson
ashley12 - Ashley Sampi
Biggie - Chris Judd
HoneyBadger35 - Jaymie Graham
avishka5 - Damien Adkins
Doashuey - Beau Waters
Ochre - Tom Swift
squashface - Ashton Hams

MrKK - Paul Symmons
RookiePick - Rowan Jones
Dazzler10 - Darren Glass
hudson2006 - Mark LeCras

Last edited:

I take it people are keen on another game then? I'm happy to run it again (I watch Midsomer Murders, I have heaps of creative deaths left in me) unless someone else is keen to stretch their writing muscles.
Fellow Midsomer fan here, but no way I'd be able to create a narrative like you did.

I had too many swings and misses to have much confidence.

Decided the werewolf was timid after not hammering me and went with the player who voted second today.

Different kind of game with several days not going to full vote requirement.

Still dirty on badge for going after Fraser. Put me on tilt for the whole game

Decided the werewolf was timid after not hammering me and went with the player who voted second today.

So you left it up to who voted first or second? Did any of my persuasive BS aid or hinder your decision?

He Is Frrreeagg ?? pfft.

Should've known it'd be ol' mate Snubs No Ice

So you left it up to who voted first or second? Did any of my persuasive BS aid or hinder your decision?
Not really. KK just did a few more things that seemed "off" which overpowered my sense of you posting a chunk without saying an awful lot.

I also figured me voting first today wouldn't be well received and might result in me getting the vote.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I take it people are keen on another game then? I'm happy to run it again (I watch Midsomer Murders, I have heaps of creative deaths left in me) unless someone else is keen to stretch their writing muscles.

I would go again. A few pointers first and foremost (I played a bit of werewolf back on another forum)

1) Have a "day" session before the first kill to literally just talk s**t and develop personas/pointlessly accuse people of being werewolves. It is fun and gives those who get smoked at the start at least a little bit of a chance to be involved (sorry Ochre).

2) If we can get a few more people involved, have a 2nd or 3rd werewolf (approx 3-4:1 in terms of villagers vs wolves). Make the wolves known to each other via PM, and they can only vote out one person total each night (have to agree before messaging the game master). The game ends if the wolves end up with the same number of villagers. This helps where if by blind luck, the villagers just happen to nail the wolf first night and means the game can continue. It also adds extra strategy to the game in regards to figuring out which pairs of players are wolves i.e LeCras and Judd don't get along, are they one villager and one wolf, or is this a ruse?

3) The dead shouldn't be able to communicate with the living. If anything, have a private group chat in "heaven" to discuss the game in progress but they shouldn't be able to influence the action. Perhaps make the gamemaster a "psychic" who can hear the spirits, and deliver ONE message the next day about how everyone was an idiot to kill them, and to make sure that no one touches their PlayStation.

4) Pick a timeline for the game but include a period where we point figures but can't vote. Something like

9pm onward: Wolf nominates the murdered
9am: Someone is murdered
10am-6pm: Oh s**t they murdered someone, time to discuss and vote after say, 2pm only (can't say who voting for, only who you are suspcious of before then)

6-7 We find out if the executed is a wolf. After finding out no, still have time in "day" to discuss this among ourselves and for the wolves to decide based on reaction who to snipe next

9pm: Wolf shatters some Glass, rinse repeat.

But yeah, great fun and worth doing again.

Not really. KK just did a few more things that seemed "off" which overpowered my sense of you posting a chunk without saying an awful lot.

I also figured me voting first today wouldn't be well received and might result in me getting the vote.
I might have oversold it with my rant about how Symmons was the forgotten man, gave me motive.

But if I was the Freagle I would never have voted first and lock my choice in. I'd wait and see if one of the other two voted for the other, then simply second that vote.

I might have oversold it with my rant about how Symmons was the forgotten man, gave me motive.

But if I was the Freagle I would never have voted first and lock my choice in. I'd wait and see if one of the other two voted for the other, then simply second that vote.

This is why I came out swinging at RoJo first up. Trying to throw you off the scent and thinking you might side with me. It didn't work so I had to go the bait and switch.

4) Pick a timeline for the game but include a period where we point figures but can't vote. Something like

9pm onward: Wolf nominates the murdered
9am: Someone is murdered
10am-6pm: Oh s**t they murdered someone, time to discuss and vote after say, 2pm only (can't say who voting for, only who you are suspcious of before then)

6-7 We find out if the executed is a wolf. After finding out no, still have time in "day" to discuss this among ourselves and for the wolves to decide based on reaction who to snipe next

9pm: Wolf shatters some Glass, rinse repeat.

But yeah, great fun and worth doing again.

I'm not a huge fan of a strict timeline. I know I wouldn't always be able to keep to it and I don't want to discourage others who couldn't from participating. No one was under an obligation to vote straight away and I allowed people to change their votes until a majority was reached if they changed their minds after discussion. I also think that now people have a better understanding of the game, they'll be less inclined to vote without first speculating.

I'm not a huge fan of a strict timeline. I know I wouldn't always be able to keep to it and I don't want to discourage others who couldn't from participating. No one was under an obligation to vote straight away and I allowed people to change their votes until a majority was reached if they changed their minds after discussion. I also think that now people have a better understanding of the game, they'll be less inclined to vote without first speculating.

I think it was run really well. I wouldn't go rushing to change what's not broken.

The thought did occur to me there couldve been another Freagle and I didn't know who it was, which would've been interesting.

Yeah two werewolves is always great, because then you need to question at all times why someone isn’t voting out the leading vote getter, or going in to bat etc etc.

I also like the idea of more down time before votes to absolutely baselessly shred eachother’s integrity.

I think a clear delineation between speculation and voting time would be good. Doesn't have to be a set time each day. I also think actual votes should be locked in unless there is a tie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back