Rumour WereDocker: The Freagle Among Us - Game on!

Remove this Banner Ad

Truckosaurus

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 19, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Game starts here

I'm running a West Coast-themed game of Werewolf. If you didn't see my post in RDT, this is basically how it works:
Me said:
One of the participants is randomly selected at random by some randomised means to be the Freagle lurking among us. Only I, as compere, and the Freagle know who the Freagle is. Every night, the Freagle kills one other participant of their choice (by sending me a message with the name). In the morning, the survivors try to determine who the Freagle is (by majority vote). If they're right, they win. If they're wrong, the exiled/executed can gloat from the sidelines in safety. The Freagle will try and lead you astray.

Register your interest here to play. As we're all pretty bored by this point, pick any Eagle past or present to roleplay in the game for added spice. Registrations close 8pm WST Friday, 10 April with the game to start on Saturday. None of us are going away this Easter, so no excuses about missing out because of it.

Registered
kane249 - Fraser Gehrig
DanWCE - Ben Cousins
Carbine Chaos - Corey Adamson
ashley12 - Ashley Sampi
Biggie - Chris Judd
HoneyBadger35 - Jaymie Graham
avishka5 - Damien Adkins
Doashuey - Beau Waters
Ochre - Tom Swift
squashface - Ashton Hams

MrKK - Paul Symmons
RookiePick - Rowan Jones
Dazzler10 - Darren Glass
hudson2006 - Mark LeCras

Last edited:
Fair point. Bit like being the Monopoly banker running the show but not getting to enjoy the fun

I don't know about that. I've been watching the whole thing without playing and I've had enormous fun. I didn't sign up because I need to limit my computer time due to shoulder tendonitis, but I couldn't look away...especially during Badge's protracted melt-down (which appears to be ongoing). I will play the next one if there is a next one.

RoJo, you've seen Cuzz and I point the finger at each other and, if you were the Freagle, you'd have jumped on one of us right now to end the game. But you haven't, because you're not the Freagle.

Read back over the whole thread and you'll see that everything I've said about taking the piss up to now* is borne out, while Cuzz has stayed totally in the shadows and let everyone else do his dirty work.

*Not entirely - my vote for Judd yesterday was legit as I thought it was him. He was keen to get you out, which I found sus because I'd pretty much ruled you out.

RoJo, you've seen Cuzz and I point the finger at each other and, if you were the Freagle, you'd have jumped on one of us right now to end the game. But you haven't, because you're not the Freagle.

Read back over the whole thread and you'll see that everything I've said about taking the piss up to now* is borne out, while Cuzz has stayed totally in the shadows and let everyone else do his dirty work.

*Not entirely - my vote for Judd yesterday was legit as I thought it was him. He was keen to get you out, which I found sus because I'd pretty much ruled you out.

Is this your first time playing this game too?

You've put a solid argument together for why RoJo is not the Freagle, but you've done nothing to suggest you are not the Freagle.

You have posted suspiciously little in this thread, which is not to be confused with taking the piss. I'd say it's very calculated. I think your true colours have come out, but in the process you've helped highlight that RoJo is not responsible for the blood spilt so far.

I've been accused of being the Freagle previously, and continued to post in here each day drawing attention to myself. Doesn't seem like the act of a Freagle. I also just looked at who accused me (Hamzy) and who died that night (Sampi) - again it doesn't line up if I were the Freagle.

I'll make it simple for you RoJo. This is my redemption story. Come with me if you want to win this thing, arm in arm, just like '06. Vote against me if you want to be taken out tonight by Symmo.

My vote is to exile Symmo.

Is this your first time playing this game too?

You've put a solid argument together for why RoJo is not the Freagle, but you've done nothing to suggest you are not the Freagle.

You have posted suspiciously little in this thread, which is not to be confused with taking the piss. I'd say it's very calculated. I think your true colours have come out, but in the process you've helped highlight that RoJo is not responsible for the blood spilt so far.

I've been accused of being the Freagle previously, and continued to post in here each day drawing attention to myself. Doesn't seem like the act of a Freagle. I also just looked at who accused me (Hamzy) and who died that night (Sampi) - again it doesn't line up if I were the Freagle.

I'll make it simple for you RoJo. This is my redemption story. Come with me if you want to win this thing, arm in arm, just like '06. Vote against me if you want to be taken out tonight by Symmo.

My vote is to exile Symmo.
The only person who accused me was JG, and I didn't even vote him out.

The only person who accused me was JG, and I didn't even vote him out.

Because you wanted the game to go longer, which meant keeping JG around for quality melts while you picked the rest of them apart.

I have made my case. Cast your vote if you think I'm so guilty 😊 Leave it in RoJos hands.

wow. decisions time.

Really whacky stuff from the werewolf yesterday. Could have whacked me but instead BOTH the players who voted RoJo ended up dead. Like I was being set up as the bad guy and now everyone wants ole RoJo on their team. Or like the werewolf was timid about how it would all look by dropping the hammer.

I've reviewed both your posts throughout but it's easy to put a werewolf slant onto enough of the posts to make a case either way.

There's 30 seconds left and some campaigner has just kicked the ball to no-one in the corridor...

Taking down Chris felt wrong.

I remember fondly the mid-2000s team bonding movie sessions, Cuz..."We ride together, We die together. Bad Boys for life"

Now admittedly my version of being a "bad boy" is collecting trailing commissions on a product of dubious financial merit and your version of "bad boy for life" is that thing you have going on over there but the point stands.

So I'll lay that one last block for an elite West Coast mid-fielder, though it may cost my life, but let's all be honest now, deep down we know a world where Cuz has fallen so far and has become a Freagle is not a world worth living in anyway...

Vote: Paul Symmons (I never liked your work without Garfunkel anyway)

Truckosaurus

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Taking down Chris felt wrong.

I remember fondly the mid-2000s team bonding movie sessions, Cuz..."We ride together, We die together. Bad Boys for life"

Now admittedly my version of being a "bad boy" is collecting trailing commissions on a product of dubious financial merit and your version of "bad boy for life" is that thing you have going on over there but the point stands.

So I'll lay that one last block for an elite West Coast mid-fielder, though it may cost my life, but let's all be honest now, deep down we know a world where Cuz has fallen so far and has become a Freagle is not a world worth living in anyway...

Vote: Paul Symmons (I never liked your work without Garfunkel anyway)

Truckosaurus

This is a wise choice, RoJo. Tomorrow we celebrate our victory! Or I find out I'm dead and you tricked me. I better arrange a last minute interview with Basil just in case

GRAND FINALE

The meeting adjourned with only one action item recorded in the minutes: evict Paul Symmons. "Come on old man," Cousins said, "don't make this difficult." "Hey! I'm only 5 years older than you!"
"Really? Geez, you really need to start looking after yourself."
The sheer audacity of such a remark from football's most famous basketcase caused Symmons to splutter with rage. So many possible retorts ran through his brain that a logjam occurred. It's impossible to say if this is what ultimately caused the embolism but the timing suggested there was some link. Symmons dropped dead where he stood. "Well, that was a freebie." RoJo remarked. They rolled Symmons' body outside, shook hands to celebrate their survival, and wandered off to different parts of the centre.

Rowan Jones was wandering off to the kitchen to get a snack when he noticed something out of the corner of his eye. Was that a light blinking in that vent? Yes, there it was again. RoJo prised the cover off the vent and peered inside. He was not a scientifically-inclined man and had limited exposure to the details of complex engineering, but he was pretty sure that that was a bomb. Yeah, something with that many wires leading to sticks of stuff couldn't be good. But wasn't Ben living in the vents?

"So you found it then."
RoJo spun around. Cousins stood a few feet away, holding something in his hand.
"It... it was you! All along! You were the Freagle!"
Cousins rolled his eyes. "Brilliant, Sherlock Jones!"
"But why, Ben? You bled blue and gold!"
"I'll tell you why, before I blow this place to the moon.

"When I was a teenager, I had a choice to make. I could play for West Coast, Geelong or Fremantle. Dad convinced me that West Coast was my best chance for success. He was wrong, and I've regretted everything about my time here. Except the drugs, they were awesome."
"But you won a flag! A Brownlow!"
"I had to spend most of my career surrounded by legends and superstars. Matera, Kemp, Mainwaring, Judd, Kerr, all of them brilliant players in their own right. All of them stealing attention away from me. If I'd gone to Fremantle I would have only had Peter Bell to compete with. Shaun McManus only retired in 2008, that's how crappy Fremantle's midfield was during my career. I'd never have started a single game on a half-forward flank. And of course, the cops would have left me alone. I'd have been the greatest Docker ever without question. Meanwhile, back in reality, Haggers didn't even put me in his top 5 Eagles. And after I told him about Kennedy's elbow too."
"So you murdered all those people, left the others to die outside and are now going to blow up the Eagles HQ just because you think you made a crappy career move 25 years ago? That's insane!"
"Wrong! I murdered all those people, left the others to die outside and am now going to blow up the Eagles HQ because I think I made a crappy career move 25 years ago!"
"That's... that's what I just said."
"Really? Sorry, I'm pretty high right now. Smoked everything I had left after Symmons kicked it. Woooooooooooooo!"
"How did you even build a bomb you braindead junkie?"
"I didn't build it. Belly gave it to me. I just had to install it in 20 strategic points throughout the building, which I've now done. Those vents run everywhere!"
"Ben... please... don't."
"Belly said they'd put me in the Fremantle Hall of Fame for this."
Cousins raised the detonator in his hand.
"Ben!"
"Heave ho!"

RoJo made a desperate lunge towards Cousins, but speed had never been his strength as a player. Ben Cousins, Freagle, pressed the button.
--------
Days later, Trevor Nisbett inspected the rubble from his private helicopter and sighed. Rebuilding would put a bit of a dent in the cash reserves. Oh well, he'd grown tired of it anyway so this was actually a really good excuse to re-do the whole thing in a sort of pan-Asian mod style. Pity about all the players that died - he'd get the media department working on an 'In Memoriam' slideshow for the BnF this year. Nisbett signalled for the pilot to fly on.

-----------------------------------------

Thank you all for playing and congratulations to DanWCE for eluding detection and winning the game! I hope all participants and any lurkers watching had fun.

Last edited:
Can't say I picked it. I thought it was Symmons. Great job TS!

Well done Dan you son of a bitch.

Also Trucko. I'm sending my axe gang.

I genuinely felt bad lying to you today. That's how much I like you ❤️

Man I thought MrKK was gonna * it all up. When I got your vote I messaged my wife to tell her. I was pretty invested in this meaningless game.

Thanks Truckosaurus for running this, outstanding job!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back