West Coast are now Australia's biggest club.

Remove this Banner Ad

True size of the club is not how much they can pull when they are good. It's how much a club pulls when they are average. St Kilda pulled 50K+ against Brisbane when they were good. Doesn't mean they are big.

West Coast, Adelaide, Essendon and Collingwood have the highest floor so they are the biggest clubs.

West Coast are clear number 1 in home support/revenue, but Essendon and Collingwood have the most national support.

I thought this was a national competition ;)

They're all the same arent they :rolleyes:
One "summer of luvvin" and they start flopping them out and comparing their little dicks in public.

We dont need to.
We know we contribute more money to the game than any other club.
We know we are the sole reason some clubs even exist at all.
We know every other club and their fans secretly knows it.
We dont need to look for ways to measure ours.
We are the real pr0n, the rest are just stuntcoks.

Not sure of the exact numbers but to me that suggests that a lot of people are paying the club membership fees that wouldn't actually be counted in the membership tally.

you're still a member so would be in the count. just waiting for privileges that people who have been members longer get i.e guaranteed seat.

Theyre the biggest in WA. It helps that they only only have 2 teams in the footy mad state. 10 in Victoria means the supply and demand market works differently.

Theyre a juggernaut over there. Outside of WA, not many people would be invested in West Coast.

But Yes, the Eagles are a big, well supported, engaging club for the market they operate it, and are doing well on and off the field.

You just KNOW there's loads of richmond supporters itching to post on this thread.....

Next time Nic Nat has a relatively average game, I’m going to create a “ Is NN overrated thread? “ and even insinuate that the difference between him and Watts is not as much as people think.

That is how ful of rage I Am now.

True size of the club is not how much they can pull when they are good. It's how much a club pulls when they are average. St Kilda pulled 50K+ against Brisbane when they were good. Doesn't mean they are big.

West Coast, Adelaide, Essendon and Collingwood have the highest floor so they are the biggest clubs.

West Coast are clear number 1 in home support/revenue, but Essendon and Collingwood have the most national support.

I think WCE bring more fans to a melbourne based game than any other club (bar Freo) ever brings to Perth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Bombers and Magpies support interstate is dying out, as it is mainly comprised of over 60's who are missing two front teeth.

About 3 kids support interstate clubs in my kids school classes in WA and there is always that weird kid who just wants to be different.

My understanding is the Swans almost double any other clubs when it comes to people nominating a club they support#.

# Roy Morgan Poll 2017 - Swans, Bombers, WC.

4 years I was on a WC membership waiting list. Paying each year just to be in the queue because they literally didn't have enough seats for members.

When the new stadium opened up I was still on the waiting list, and still am. Not sure of the exact numbers but to me that suggests that a lot of people are paying the club membership fees that wouldn't actually be counted in the membership tally.

We also have disproportionately expensive season memberships even compared to Freo, yet people still buy them.

Just saying our membership tally could be a lot higher if it was logistically feasible. FWIW this was always going to happen being the first club in a 2-club footy state, gotta commend Richmond for always getting members and support in a 10 team state eve when the club had a bad run on the field. Shows a good brand and management

This waiting list is poorly understood because the Eagles have tried to keep it quiet in my opinion. I am not sure why.

A quote from Nisbett earlier this year:

"Mr Nisbett revealed that almost 6000 of the Eagles’ In The Wings members had been allocated seats at Optus Stadium after waiting up to 15 years for a membership. But there were still 9000 households on the waiting list"

Each household on the list is entitled to claim four seats once their turn comes. To get through the 6000 that came off the list, they had to break the season up and offer a lot of three game memberships. But the concept of waiting 15 years for an 11 seat membership is not widely discussed.

This has led to a lot of squatting at WCE games. People who have moved outside the state for years at a time are keeping their memberships. Most of the gap between the official attendance and the 60k max consists of empty seats that have been paid for.

The Eagles have won just the 1 premiership in the 23 years since they were gifted the 1992 and 1994 flags

1/23 is similar to Collingwood's strike rate of 1/27 and 2/59, so it's kind of fitting they've usurped the Pies as the "biggest club"
Sounds like a jealous statement

If the AFL HAD ANY COURAGE ..add your own one line joke there

They would ban AFL CLUBS FROM having poker machines as a revenue source

The damage and destruction gambling does to families had reached the same plateau as drugs

Ok I’ll hop off my soap box for now

On the biggest club thing ..
It’s really a silly argument

If the AFL HAD ANY COURAGE ..add your own one line joke there

They would ban AFL CLUBS FROM having poker machines as a revenue source

The damage and destruction gambling does to families had reached the same plateau as drugs

Ok I’ll hop off my soap box for now

On the biggest club thing ..
It’s really a silly argument

It's a capitalist liberal society, with that logic, we should also ban people from making unwise business decisions and investing in crypto.

I'll let myself out.

It's a capitalist liberal society, with that logic, we should also ban people from making unwise business decisions and investing in crypto.

I'll let myself out.

I get that ...maybe it’s what I see each day in my job that skews my thoughts

That’s ok

But gambling is a serious social issue .....it’s destroying families and kids lives

Do we want our game associated with that

I get that ...maybe it’s what I see each day in my job that skews my thoughts

That’s ok

But gambling is a serious social issue .....it’s destroying families and kids lives

Do we want our game associated with that

Not really tbh, now that you mention it. It is strange AFL preaches the morality card whenever they can, but when it comes to something that makes them money. They turn a blind eye.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back