West Coast Eagles premiers!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Just read McGuire's comments post match.:thumbsu:

Class act after the game Eddie. Must have been heart breaking but went in and congratulated our guys in the rooms.:thumbsu:

Congratulated both teams on an epic GF and also the Eagles as a club.

Eddie may say some 'interesting' things at times but his talk post game was all class.

Talked to a few people who were in Melbourne and they all came back saying it was a great crowd and no issues at all. I think that close game just took the wind out of everyone emotionally and both supporter groups were in shock with the close result.:thumbsu:
Yep, the club rivalry and the game occasion was the real winner on the day. I think the Pies have been rather classy throughout the Grand Final Week and post-game period. Eagles have also come full circle since the mid 00s. Sad there had to be a loser, especially going 3-zip against them that year.

BTW Eagles have overtaken the Hawks on my Premiership Ladder
Actual Premierships / Par Premierships = Score
  1. West Coast 4 / 2.00 = 2.00
  2. Hawthorn 13 / 7.18 = 1.81
  3. Essendon 16 / 10.16 = 1.57
  4. Carlton 16 / 10.58 = 1.51
  5. Collingwood 15 / 10.58 = 1.42
  6. Melbourne 12 / 10.03 = 1.20
  7. Richmond 11 / 9.20 = 1.20
  8. Adelaide 2 / 1.71 = 1.17
  9. Brisbane/Fitzroy 11 / 11.25 = 0.98
  10. Geelong 9 / 10.14 = 0.89
  11. Port Adelaide 1 / 1.32 = 0.76
  12. North Melbourne 4 / 7.18 = 0.56
  13. Sydney 4 / 10.33 = 0.39
  14. Western Bulldogs 2 / 7.18 = 0.28
  15. St Kilda 1 / 10.16 = 0.10
  16. Greater Western Sydney 0 / 0.39 = 0.00
  17. Gold Coast 0 / 0.45 = 0.00
  18. University 0 / 0.70 = 0.00
  19. Fremantle 0 / 1.45 = 0.00

Great man Simmo 2 G.F's and a Flag in 5 yrs.

But seriously congratz on an amazing performance without Natinuue,Gaff and a few more.

And also i wasn't aware how similar Optus stadium dimensions were to the G they showed it on G.F day.I know your training fascilities also cater for it. But it was a no brainer because of G.F being played at the G.

Even if it helped by 5pcnt it's a no brainer.
Afl is now a game of percentages

Theres just a few percent between the eagles and brisbane - a couple tiny tweaks - a little better endurance - disposal improves across the board by a tiny bit.

You see teams like brisbane just shoot up - or like collingwood did this year.

I will go one further
Jay Clark - Said we were like sitting ducks at the MCG well he can go eat s**t
Tony Jones - Calling us a waste of space that ignorant muppet

Was it Jones who was worried that an Eagles grand final would be a boring easy win for whoever Vic team we played.

Wonder what he said after the game?

It also refutes the AFL's agenda that creating higher scoring games = better games. Today wasn't a high scoring match and yet we still got a ripping contest. Noone is saying I wish they scored more at the end of that.
I dunno, I wish we’d scored six more points :p

Positives - at least Collingwood saved the world from the possibility of another Richmond premiership (although West Coast would likely have beaten Richmond in the GF, with the Tigers not matching up well on the Eagles) and it was a good Grand Final, not like the abomination last year which if comparing football to movies would be the equivalent of Battlefield Earth, Heaven's Gate or Jack and Jill.

The numbers weren't with the Magpies today. West Coast win in even years and 12 years apart - 1994, 2006 and now 2018. Collingwood won in 1910 & 2010 and lost in 1911 & 2011, and have lost in both 1918 and 2018. And both by 5 points to their avian cousins, the South Melbourne Swans in 1918 and the West Coast Eagles in 2018! Still, the Magpies won in 1919, maybe they will win in 2019. I can only hope so.

The AFL are Illuminati sell-outs. The numbers don't lie.

I never stopped. I'm still in shock it even happened.
Now you just gotta hope it's sustained success unlike Richmond or the bulldogs. Although I will say Richmond did have most people fooled into thinking they were a genuine premiership threat by finishing top. Heck, even we beat them and we are a basket case according to all and sundry. That should have been a warning sign.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just pre-ordered the Bluray with option to switch to about half a dozen different radio calls for the commentary :D:D:D

ok now that the trade period is officially over can we get back to reminiscing about the Grand Final?
Great point.

This should be the most important thread on bigfooty for the year.

Discussion around who won the flag and why they won it is the most important issue in football over a 12 month period.

Yet who “wins” trade weeks gets far more analysis this time of year.

Well done eagles
Hard lines Collingwood

Great work simmo - great to see a great guy getting success.
Come home!!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Thanks mate Haha not a chance, we love Simmo and he love the club, thank goodness he is staying put. In all seriousness he has done a marvelous job, his relationship with the players, his tactical moves. He attended the funeral of Tom Cole's father, he went to the Tiwi Islands to meet Rioli's family. Small things like that go a long way. He and Shannon Hurn have completely changed the culture at West Coast

What a sensational game!

Fantastic effort from the Eagles McGovern huge but the Shoo was massive when it counted.

A pulsating arm wrestle between two teams determined to play their footy regardless of the cost, Eagles played their footy longest.

HUGE PROPS.
Thanks mate huge respect to your team, they were massive and they were only a kick away from a flag. Well done and all the best for 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Back