Preview Western Bulldogs vs Essendon, Docklands, Sunday 08/04/18 @ 3:20 PM

Chicken Dinner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doggies aren't overly tall in the forward line are they? Dea and Brown in the same backline with Hurleys questionable form...I hope the Doggies miss alot.

Don’t rates those outs.
Langford will never get any continuity in his football if he’s constantly yanked the second he has a down game.

I understand the logic behind pulling Begley out for Fanta but disappointed to see him out nevertheless.

And Brown left in over Hartley is rubbish.

Those changes are very Hird-like. Give a few old plodders a game in favour of getting games into our young players.

Green has been marginally better than Begley. The thing is Begley is a 2nd year player that has played less than 10 games. He's probably only going to keep getting better if we keep playing him. Plus Begley gives us another marking target and 1 less defensive marking weakness, as well as an additional choice for midfield rotation (particularly useful with Smith and Stringer in the team).

Green's production is probably going to decrease with Fantasia in anyway. Fantasia is the go to small forward. Begley is more useful as support cast because of his versatility and he can impact even from fewer touches because of his super reliable kicking.

Green's a better crumber but that's what we've got Fantasia and Tippa for. You don't need 3 small forwards. You can work with 3 small forwards if you must but you're much better off if they are marking threats as well. Fantasia is, Begley is. Tippa isn't and Green isn't.

Marginally? Green was easily our best forward last week. Begley has been unsighted. It’s not even close.

Rolling the dice with Fantasia & Myers... coming straight back in after injury this early in the season. Conditioning will be interesting.

We will need to have more than solid contributions from both in order to win. Risky.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Marginally? Green was easily our best forward last week. Begley has been unsighted. It’s not even close.

Green: 12 possessions, 2.1 goals, 4 tackles
Begley: 12 possessions, 2.1 goals, 2 tackles

Seems pretty close to me. Green did have more kicks so on the day had more impact but its still close. Plus I'm highly skeptical that he will replicate his 100th game form week in week out.

Seems pretty close to me. Green did have more kicks so on the day had more impact but its still close. Plus I'm highly skeptical that he will replicate his 100th game form week in week out.

I’m with you. I’d prefer us put more games into Begley. Way more upside.

Green should be a back up if all our forwards are fit.

How the * does brown survive?? Such an average footballer. Hartley is not a world beater but is definitely way better than Brown.

I want to see Begley back in the team soon though, the boy can play.

Langford, meh. Hopefully, we'll see some improvements this year.

Don’t mind the changes. Myers straight in concerns me - as most know I’m not a huge fan but his JLT form was OK so let’s hope he can contribute and not break down again.....Why he gets a game instead of pumping games into Langford or Begley is beyond me. Hope they line up more like;-

Dea Hurley Baguley
McKenna Brown Saad
Parish Heppell ZMerrett
Tippa Hooker Fantasia
Stringer Daniher Green

Bellcho Zakka Smith

Goddard McGrath Myers Stewart

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Clangers - Begley 6.

Expect Bags to be rusty early. I thought he put in a good year last year, but only after a pretty atrocious start.

I guess the positive is that one of McKenna or Saad should be freed up to attack. I'll try to remind myself of that when Bags has had 3 kicked on him in the first half.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back