What are your expectations for 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

The floor is 18th.

c48f0b534b8b2b33-e1497544894925.jpg

More games into the kids.
Build team cohesion and competitiveness.
Break the 100 point barrier, no blowouts.
I think we finish bottom 4 - Gibbs & Doc are big holes to fill. Expect the breakout improvement will be 2019.

We share the same mind. Get games into the kids, avoid blowouts, look for improved scoring and faster ball movemeent [without sacrificing defence]. Remain a hard team to to play against, while increasing offense.

Then load up with best available (not a defender) in the 2018 draft with pick [1-5] and take three more good players with [our 2 x 2nd rounders and 3rd rounder].

Rinse and repeat in 2019, throwing the farm at Shiel and/or Kelly as free agents.

Rebuilding teams have peaked earlier than expected but they've generally come back down to earth quickly too. It's not impossible to finish top 8, but I think the competition is far too tight at the moment for it to happen.
Surely the tightness of the competition would make our chances more likely yeah?

Been in the UK since 2010. I'm waiting to coincide a trip home with seeing the Blues in a finals match!

Hopefully this rebuild is the real deal. It does look it. I think I should be back in Melb in 2019 or at the worst, 2020! Could wait a few more years and go for a prelim!

Finally feel we are moving ahead of Brissy, Kangas & GC. Feel that in the mid term, Hawks, WCE, Freo care caught in no mans land. Think in 2 years time, Sydney, Cats and Port would have spent their pennies.

Looks good for 2020 onwards.

We share the same mind. Get games into the kids, avoid blowouts, look for improved scoring and faster ball movemeent [without sacrificing defence]. Remain a hard team to to play against, while increasing offense.

Then load up with best available (not a defender) in the 2018 draft with pick [1-5] and take three more good players with [our 2 x 2nd rounders and 3rd rounder].

Rinse and repeat in 2019, throwing the farm at Shiel and/or Kelly as free agents.
Agree with what you’re saying Malifice.

Note that we do not have a third rounder for this year’s draft at this stage.

And Shiel is a free agent in 2019, but not Kelly (but Kelly will be out of contract).

Sorry for the intrusions guys, but I find Carlton to be an interesting prospect going forward. I still think you will finish bottom 4 or close to it at least, but Bolton and co are definitely building a good side. Losing doc hurts, but at least it gives you a chance to find a new hbf and hopefully doc can move into the midfield when he returns (if that’s where you see him). I know I’m supposed to hate Carlton and I do dislike you, but I want Carlton to be up top with the bombers because that’s when I believe footy is at its best. Good luck next year guys, and hopefully we pound you by 80+
Shut up kristian ya * knuckle

Been in the UK since 2010. I'm waiting to coincide a trip home with seeing the Blues in a finals match!

Hopefully this rebuild is the real deal. It does look it. I think I should be back in Melb in 2019 or at the worst, 2020! Could wait a few more years and go for a prelim!

Finally feel we are moving ahead of Brissy, Kangas & GC. Feel that in the mid term, Hawks, WCE, Freo care caught in no mans land. Think in 2 years time, Sydney, Cats and Port would have spent their pennies.

Looks good for 2020 onwards.
You can probably add Essendon, Collingwood and Saints to the 2 Years time list. They spent the bank trying to bring home success and saints possibly rebuilt poorly with not enough elite first round talent.

We won't make the 8 I think, but we will climb and finish very close toward it though I feel if we are healthy and we can get a strong 22 out there every week. More games into the youngsters, more solidifying the culture of winning games and what it takes to be a professional sportsperson. We are edging closer toward us breaking out of our shell and becoming a force again, 2019/2020. The main thing I am expecting this year is for us to finally hone in on our processes entering the forward 50. Decision making and creativity with the footy will hopefully improve out of sight, which instantly makes us a much better football side. The additions of Lang and Garlett will assist with this issue, and hopefully the continued development in players such as SPS, Fish, Cuners and Willo further give us a creative edge when we have the ball in hand. Our outside run in midfield is also an issue, but this will be a key indicator to whether that has also improved or not.

Wins are essential and I think we can notch up 8 or so, maybe a couple more, well heres hoping. Just want us to keep rising, improving and solidify the hard yards which have already been put in. Far out, I am hanging out to be back at the footy already. Hope we trounce those tinass tigs!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

really hope Adelaide and Doggies have tough years and their second round picks both fall within the top 30 of a strong draft.

Another 3 top 30 picks would be a delight

Brain: We must prepare for tomorrow night.
Pinky: Why? What are we going to do tomorrow night?
Brain: The same thing we do every night, Pinky - try to take over the world!
Chorus: They're Pinky, They're Pinky and the Brain Brain Brain Brain Brain!

Brain: Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
Pinky: NARF! I think so Brain. But how is Cain Liddle going to carry 50,000 Preston market donuts to the football all on his own?

Last edited:
But but we live in a disposable society now Soap ....

Marriage not working .. divorce..

Can't afford that new 82" LCD ... 5 years interest free

Staring off new home 4 x 2 spec home instead of 3 x 1 renovators delight ...

Can't be bothered fixing the kids bike ... buy a new one..

5 years interest free? Really? Where?

I am getting really sick of my old 78" LCD......

;)

My hurricanes were predicted odds on wooden spooners. Look at them now. Third with games in hand with 2nd and 1st (strikers, Stars and Scorchers to come). No reason why the blues can’t make this an insane year and rise up the ladder quickly too. On paper right now people would be saying the hurricanes canes have one of the best lists in the BBL. it doesn’t take much to change people’s minds.

I'm expecting the biggest change/improvement to come through the northern blues to be honest. I think that will filter through to our senior squad more next year.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back