What changes would you make to WWE?

Remove this Banner Ad

- Raw and Smackdown get there own ppvs
- PPVs go back to having 5 - 6 matches instead of like 10 let the wrestlers have time in there matches (like NXT)
- get rid of Universal title bring back the WHC
- only the big 4 are the shared PPVs
- it was mentioned before but yep the 30 day rule
- cut the amount of house shows and tours down like jesus let the wrestlers rest up and see there damn families
- i like the idea of Women Tag Team Titles but not sure how you would do it cause i dont want them bringing in 2 sets for both raw and smackdown
- bring back GM mode in wwe 2k cause thinking of all this was lowkey fun

- Raw and Smackdown get there own ppvs
- PPVs go back to having 5 - 6 matches instead of like 10 let the wrestlers have time in there matches (like NXT)
- get rid of Universal title bring back the WHC
- only the big 4 are the shared PPVs
- it was mentioned before but yep the 30 day rule
- cut the amount of house shows and tours down like jesus let the wrestlers rest up and see there damn families
- i like the idea of Women Tag Team Titles but not sure how you would do it cause i dont want them bringing in 2 sets for both raw and smackdown

Won't be surprised if the brand split ends next October. They gave up on split PPVs much quicker than the first time round. Fox is easily the most mainstream network WWE will've ever been on. They'll want the big names and part-timers on SmackDown, but they won't want Raw looking like the leftovers show.

Take RAW back to 2 hours still PG13

Smackdown in a later timeslot and have more adult content

Get Mark Dallas as a writer on Smackdown

Bring Roman back as a pissed off heal with Heyman as his mouthpiece.
Heyman could cut promo's talking about a new client more uncontrollable than Brock without naming Roman

The key is the creative. It's just the writers really that need to all be sacked and replaced. The ripple and on-flow effect from terrible writing is bigger than you think.

A few cogs in that process that should be fine-tuned specifically:

- Vince dropping the grandiose arrogance and loosening up more to ideas / taking risks
- Don't completely do what the fans want but do more precise and effective information gathering regarding the feedback on their product

Also go back to the traditional PPV roadmap and show structure. Cut house-shows drastically and put the cut funding from them towards the actual rubbish events like Evolution, Saudi Arabia and Super Showdown and the ones that will inevitably spawn from this trend. Make them Network Exclusive or something, bring back pensioners / dream matches for these shows so they help sell seats and subscriptions - also this way the lackluster story-telling for them doesn't effect the weekly shows and real PPVs.

The key is the creative. It's just the writers really that need to all be sacked and replaced. The ripple and on-flow effect from terrible writing is bigger than you think.

A few cogs in that process that should be fine-tuned specifically:

- Vince dropping the grandiose arrogance and loosening up more to ideas / taking risks
- Don't completely do what the fans want but do more precise and effective information gathering regarding the feedback on their product

Vince McMahon is 73 and been the boss for decades. He won't change. He creates and enhances the problems. No writer with talent will stick around to cop multiple rewrites on the day of shooting every week. He will have to go for this to change.

Vince McMahon is 73 and been the boss for decades. He won't change. He creates and enhances the problems. No writer with talent will stick around to cop multiple rewrites on the day of shooting every week. He will have to go for this to change.

Yeah I know, but it's worth dreaming about still. I was hoping by his age now he would of taken the back seat. I still hope during this block of time it'll happen.

I don't get what he's doing right now. He's got the company it's best TV deal signed, he's signed another lucrative long-term contract with Saudi Arabia and we know with the profits they've made in the last decade they'll be even more financially secure if things somehow went complete 180 from here. I don't know why they don't just do some trial and error and actually stamp out the competition by resetting and putting some quality back into the brand in the short-term.

Instead with how WWE operates it's marketing and promotional work we're seeing the opposite happen. If I was a 73 y/o billionaire I would not be sleeping 4 hours a day and spending my time actively seeking more financial gain.

Yeah I know, but it's worth dreaming about still. I was hoping by his age now he would of taken the back seat. I still hope during this block of time it'll happen.

I don't get what he's doing right now. He's got the company it's best TV deal signed, he's signed another lucrative long-term contract with Saudi Arabia and we know with the profits they've made in the last decade they'll be even more financially secure if things somehow went complete 180 from here. I don't know why they don't just do some trial and error and actually stamp out the competition by resetting and putting some quality back into the brand in the short-term.

Instead with how WWE operates it's marketing and promotional work we're seeing the opposite happen. If I was a 73 y/o billionaire I would not be sleeping 4 hours a day and spending my time actively seeking more financial gain.

If I feed you s**t and you tell me its steak I don't suddenly import steak from top suppliers. I water down the same s**t and keep feeding it to you. If you get bored i'll spice it with some indie guy you like but i'll water that down too and you'll keep liking eating the same s**t.
Vince will always have control and want to make money. it's been hardwired into him.

The biggest change I would make to the WWE is less with the company itself and more with how it markets itself to it's fans

I think the biggest issue with the WWE today (really post-Network era) is that fans feel they need to be 'completionists' to keep up to date with the product. I don't think anyone needs to be watching Raw, Smackdown, NXT & 205 Live every week PLUS specials like the MYC, the UK material, etc. where there is also a PPV every month.

From my experience watching NXT & 205 Live every week (on delay, normally on Sat/Sun morning) while keeping up with Raw/Smackdown either in the background at home or by just reading online reports following I am able to appreciate the product more. If I hear that for example Styles/Almas was a good TV match on Smackdown I'll go back and watch it with detail, but I can't remember the last time I watched a full episode of Raw with it being my sole focus.

In that regard, there's probably just way too much television. It's pretty demanding of people's time to expect them to watch all content every week.

Bring Roman back as a pissed off heal with Heyman as his mouthpiece.
Heyman could cut promo's talking about a new client more uncontrollable than Brock without naming Roman

What reason would he have to be a heel, and why would the crowd boo him if/when he comes back?

If he comes back as the same hamfisted, forced, faux epic character the "Yay he beat cancer!" pops will last 3 weeks max before people resume booing.

WWE needs more believable heals that won't get a face pop like Rusev or Braun
To me Roman is a heel that can be the client scary heel

If he comes back as the same hamfisted, forced, faux epic character the "Yay he beat cancer!" pops will last 3 weeks max before people resume booing.

They don't need to force a character for him. He'll be a natural face when he returns, and people will get behind any sort of comeback he makes. Would be ridiculous and illogical (and ham-fisted and forced) to make him a heel upon his return.

Also, why does Roman need Heyman? Roman can talk. Some of his material might be shitty, but he doesn't struggle to deliver a promo. Let Heyman represent a guy who can't or doesn't want to talk, a la Brock.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They don't need to force a character for him. He'll be a natural face when he returns, and people will get behind any sort of comeback he makes. Would be ridiculous and illogical (and ham-fisted and forced) to make him a heel upon his return.

WWE will * it up. They'll take his cancer survivor good bloke positive reaction as a sign to put him right back in the Cena 2.0 vehicle.

Bring back kayfabe no behind the scenes stuff anyone breaking kayfabe gets fined .

Doubt they can do that now with how much they are Breaking it now and Plus have Internet/Social Media

- PPVs: Reduce, gradually, to 5 a year (i.e. Royal Rumble, WrestleMania, Money in the Bank, SummerSlam, Survivor Series). They'll feel like a big deal every 10-12 weeks, not a monthly obligation.
- Raw: Reduce to 2 hours
- Raw and SmackDown: Classify TV-14. Not for bra and panties matches but so they can do things like a normal TV show. Average viewer is in their 40s, * you "BuT wOt abOut TeH KiDs" excuse.
- Have one or both main brands experiment with camera angles and presentation style. They can feel like two distinct things not the same with different coloured ropes.
- Nobody from the Attitude Era wrestles unless it's their retirement angle
- Above step will take a few years. Then do the 2002-2005ish guys.

Last edited:
Just some ideas

- If they need to keep RAW 3 hours then have like a half time panel show to break it up, or an after show
- Push stars for longer, removing 50/50 bookings
- Turn Lawler full heel prick mode again and leave him there with his bad guy favs
- Add another expert commentator to Smackdown, I find Graves annoying
- Less tours and House Shows
- Have more global PPVs (keeping around 12 a year though)
- Use the lower and mid card on on the house shows etc.
- Give the Rumble to someone who hasn't won and give them a massive push (Cole, Owens, Gargano, Lee, Cesaro, Rusev) or to a lesser extent (AJ, Bryan, Bray, Braun* I know he won the greatest one, King Corbin, Lashley, McIntyre)
- Keep Roman out of the title picture (hes getting more cheers now, leave it, its working)
- Keep pushing Owens, he lost his momentum weeks ago
- Bring back more managers and their factions
- Mix matches up a bit, Smackdown had like 3 or 4 tag team matches yesterday!
- Look at having GMs again but not over the top heels, think William Regal atm (maybe try a women's division GM and a mens division GM)
- Turn Nakamaura Face against Zayn
- I was going to suggest turn Roode into a monster heel ala Triple H but he wil be jobbed after the wellness strike
- Treat the Revival better
- Let Matt Hardy have total freedom control and a solid run with a title, Broken Matt vs the Fiend?

- Get Lynch out of the tag team division
- Women's Elimination Chamber
- Women's Casket match?
- Women's Queen of the Ring Tournament
- Better women's tag teams, actual teams and not just random pairings
- Give the women the 24 / 7 title for a while
- Bring back the European Championship for the Women's division

- Mixed Tag team champions?

- Have another bullrope match
- more cage matches
- Give wrestlers more signature weapons
- Use legends correctly, lightly and to put over others more
- better story buildups maybe more to do with wrestling?? and dream matches, best of series
- Put the Bar back together

I cant be bothered writing any more, these are just some quick ideas off the top on my head, mostly just brainstorming here so if they are crap and you read this far then sorry :p
I'm happy to hear your thoughts though

After having a mini rant in another thread, was wondering if you could make changes to how the WWE is currently run, what changes would you like to see happen?

For me:
1. No more scripted promos. Let the wrestlers be themselves and cover points.
2. No more shoving wrestlers down our throats as the new face(Roman) let them grow into the role organically rather than forcibly.
3. Get rid of the part timers (Brock) and start building the talent that is already there.
4. Differentiate PPV’s and matches, so it seems fresh. Rather than being repitive.
5. Give the decent talent that is “Over” the belts, rather than mediocre hacks (Bliss, Cameltoe, soon to be Roman). Give them proper time for their matches.
6. Creative to colobrate with wrestlers regarding story lines.
Sounds like everything Vince Russo said on the Talk Is Jericho podcast.

Ok lets start with the titles.
A main group of titles, to be fought for a PPV's usually. The wrestler/s that hold the title will be seen as the world's best.
- WWE "World" Championship - merge the WWE and Universal Title together. One world, one world title.
- WWE "World" Tag Team Championships - merge the RAW and Smackdown titles into one title.
- WWE Women's "World" Championship - merge the RAW and Smackdown titles into one title.
- WWE Women's "World" Tag Team Championships - the current title stays.

RAW and Smackdown still done as seperate shows but with the "World" Champions able to appear on both shows.
- Each show to get a title to be fought for on their show. The RAW Championship and the Smackdown Championship. These titles don't change shows, if the wrestler does they lose the title.
- The United States and the Intercontinetal Championships retained. The RAW and Smackdown Championships are for those shows only, the United States and Intercontinetal Championships can change shows.
- The 24/7 Championship stays - It is some fun in the show.

nXt re-established as the level down from the WWE, or the level before WWE. To be the place where future stars develop and current stars come back to regain some form.

Another level established below this, where the matches are not shown on television. To be the place where future ideas and character directions can be worked out. Like nXt was before it was shown on television.

Wrestlers move between the levels depending on their current level.

Where 205/Cruiserweight wrestlers wrestle will depend on how much there matches are watched. If they stay at their current level they stay on nXt, if they improve to how they were on WCW then they go onto the top shows.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back