Universal Love What do you Love about the Adelaide Crows?

Remove this Banner Ad

Crowfoot

All Australian
Jul 1, 2009
AFL Club
Adelaide
I love the Team First attitude that Phil instigated, the players and club embraced and Don has continued.

I love that the team isn't a bunch of thugs. How often do you see Crows players hitting opponents behind play? How often do our players get reported?

I love that our players don't play, and aren't taught to play dirty football. None of that dropping the knees or shepherding the the man on the mark bullshit.

I love the fast moving attacking high scoring game that we are playing. I would be disappointed if we played a negative, defensive game a la Ross Lyon.

I love that our coach isn't a dickhead. If Luke Beveridge was coaching us I would take a hiatus until he was replaced.

I love that the players seem like good blokes. I am sure that as with any group there is a dickhead or two but they are the silent minority.

What do you love about the Adelaide Crows?

You've outlined pretty much all the good points. I love that Adelaide is, and always will be, the team for all South Australians. Our colours are the state colours. We're a likeable team who really are 'respected by our foes', especially lately.

Team first
All the selfish flogs gone
Under the radar coach
Silent Chairman and Pres
Results do the talking

Our colors!!!
Fly as one!!!!
A decent away strip for a change

Footy Gods owe us !

I love how we are developing a resilient group. Our players just keep going no matter what the state of the game is.

I love that our club is modest and doesn't talk up our team after a win. One team in particular should take this on board.

I love being at Adelaide Oval when we get a win and 50k supporters go up as one.

There probably isn't a better time to be supporting the Crows than right now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love just how 3 dimensional the team is. There is no one way for attack (like Port and Dixon) and if we can't get the ball moving through the centre at serious speed we move along the flanks and wings at serious speed. It also must give teams a head ache when they try and work out how to deal with Eddie and Charlie. Charlie is every bit as dangerous as Eddie now which means we have Tex, Lynch, Jenkins, Betts, Cameron, McGovern that can kick bags of goals. At their best Hawthorn had about 4 players who could be relied upon to kick a bag. I have never seen a whole forward line like the Crows. I am going to call it now but this team would be our best side as a whole ever in a single year.

The love of a football club is intangible.

But I really like the way we play right now and the direction our club is taking in a relentless pursuit of a flag. It feels good going to games knowing we should win and in a way that is great to watch.

That pursuit wavered a bit under Triggy we were too concerned with being corporate and on field results were secondary to that.

I am scared for the opposition when we have Milera and Menzel sitting in the wings. If Hampton reaches his potential all I can say is we should be unstoppable. Exciting times to be a Crows supporter. Enjoy this lads, we could be on the brink of witnessing the beginnings of greatness.

I go back to the first trial game, the first pre-season game (I think those two were Essendon and North, but I must be getting old - I can't remember which was which) and the first game (the legendary Hawthorn massacre). As a Glenelg supporter (who never followed the VFL closely) from birth it was very easy to transition to the Crows. I like the club culture - despite a few recent high-profile defectors the Crows have a pretty good record for keeping elite players as one-club players.

I am scared for the opposition when we have Milera and Menzel sitting in the wings. If Hampton reaches his potential all I can say is we should be unstoppable. Exciting times to be a Crows supporter. Enjoy this lads, we could be on the brink of witnessing the beginnings of greatness.
Dont forget Doedee

Unacknowledged resilience.

I can't remember too many times when we have been absolutely deplorable in the style of mid 90s Fitzroy, or Melbourne of the last decade. They've always given the fans a sniff. Maybe that gives cause for greater expectations, and that's set me up for disappointment a few times, but I don't think the club has ever truly fallen into a pit where they're letting the fans down. Say what you will about Tippett / Trigg, but that stuff only happened a couple of years ago and look at the resilience the club has shown. Look at where we are now. The death of Walsh last year - you can't truly overcome something like that, but we took every possible lesson we could have learned from Phil and keep getting better.

I guess the other aspect of that resilience is, they've given us some absolutely unbelievable comebacks over the years. Those 97 and 98 flags in themselves were won in seasons where we had to gather some steam, but more specifically games like the Petrenko game and that last quarter comeback against Port years and years ago.

As a Victorian fan I feel like the Crows definitely fly under the radar here. I don't have a problem with that, but the same things that Vic fans have to occasionally acknowledge with surprise ("wow the Crows are good this year, where did that come from?") are the things that we know have always been there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back