Review What do you mean we f**king won at Geelong?

Remove this Banner Ad

Can people see the connection between Rozee being out and Wines stepping his game up? There's only so many possessions in a game of football, there's only so many midfield minutes in a game of football. I think rather than criticising people need to acknowledge that this is a Brownlow medallist who has put his ego aside and become a role player for the betterment of the team. He can still do it when we need him to.
This is all 100% correct, but on the contrary, most of the board has missed it entirely and their takeaway from the game seems to be that we should also play Jackson Mead as a full time midfielder. Our sixth best midfielder, if you're counting. We'll need the AFL to build us a second centre square.

Gee I loved that passage of play where there was bodies flying everywhere and JHF got a massive corkie. Some of those efforts where Butters come into shot full pace just to deck someone is amazing. Hes a little rat I love his niggle.

Great win fellas watching Geelong lose was so soothing almost as good as watching my own side win

We were paying $3.85 pre game.

Don't think we would've won a game against those odds in the Hinkley era. Maybe West Coast at Optus 2019? Even then we probably weren't that big an outsider.
It's definitely a result that's worth celebrating. I heard a statistic last night - of the last 136 games played in Geelong, visiting teams have won just 17. But our challenge now is to make that standard the norm, not the exception. If we drop the Hawthorn game next week, last night will be quickly forgotten.

It’s a pity there weren’t a couple of more seconds on the clock. It would have been fitting for Rioli to kick the last goal. He was down on himself for letting the team down for the double 50 and goal
Yep.

And a 12 point win shuts down the 'we lost cozza that decision' whining, in a way facts obviously cant with some.

Screenshot 2024-05-11 at 8.52.16 AM.png

'bemoans' lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was at the game live some take aways

-Jeez cats fans are like no other, all chanting bullshit after a goal go us, i dont think ive ever heard so many people join in at once even at ferrel collingwood games
  • on that, dont know if the group is on the forum but had some passionate port fans on our deck who were happy to cop it from the cats fans before the game but once we were up by a decent margin and they were giving it back the cats fans are so precious and have the audacity to call the anti social behaviour number and get police involved. So so precious 3 port fans are really scary :(
  • When you see wines kicking goals and jumping to spoil you know he is on and wants to win that game of footy. Hes kind of our modern day westhoff barometer if he plays well we play well
-JHF no words beautiful man
-For all the feedback Sinn is copping, watching him against stengle was a bit funny. You can tell Sinn wants to be a back flanker instead of a defensive back pocket and wants to RUN and carry the ball but had to play his role tonight as a lockdown defender on a small. I dont think hes slow when watching who was chasing him. There was one play he asked burto to cover his man and ryan was like wtf its pretty much 6-6-6 we have no spares so sinn reacted too late and stengle kicked the goal.
-Making the oppo coach sub out your opponent is really unheard of. One for dante to wreck stanley and second for the oppo to bring on a tagger just for one player is really a compliment
- Cats have some slicks players and plays and handballs but thought drew was equally as good

I just want Sinn for now to attack the ball ferociously and use his leg speed from HB to create run and carry. Also to defend intensely when it’s his turn to. The kicking should come. I liked that he was still involved in the play late and trying to evade opponents and get some speed on the ball.

It defies belief that a first round (?) recruit would need to work on his kicking.

You can tell Sinn wants to be a back flanker instead of a defensive back pocket and wants to RUN and carry the ball but had to play his role tonight as a lockdown defender on a small.
Interesting. A more defensive role is probably where Sinn's best chance to lock in a spot is at the moment.

Houston, Burton and Farrel + Jones as a slightly more defensive player feels like we have too many attacking defenders. When all fit, Burton's position probably needs to be someone who has some pace and can lockdown more when needed.

Can people see the connection between Rozee being out and Wines stepping his game up? There's only so many possessions in a game of football, there's only so many midfield minutes in a game of football. I think rather than criticising people need to acknowledge that this is a Brownlow medallist who has put his ego aside and become a role player for the betterment of the team. He can still do it when we need him to.
The issue is that we a lot of good players that are only real effective in one role at the moment. Midfielder, outside runner/wing, deep forward, intercept defender, etc.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

There was an instance where there was a Geelong kick heading towards goal, loudly called "touched, play on" by the field ump. Port player lets it roll through the goals.

How is it possible for the goal umpire to call for a score review in this situation?? Is our defender (Burton?) not entitled to play the field umpire's call and let that run through as a behind?

Correct this needs as much scrutiny as the Cameron head clash not being tested as it opens a can of worms for how the review can be used.

Amazing that the Geelong fans were carrying on about the umpiring all night and then you look at the free kick count at the end of the game and they actually won it. Must be nice to be so used to getting an absolute ride each and every home game that a balanced umpiring display seems rigged.

Reminds me of ... oh I don't know ... supporters of a team that plays at Adelaide Oval when we don't.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back