Preview Preview & Changes v Geelong at the Cattery

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Script is starting to write itself now, isn't it? Expectations have been successfully lowered so that any win in the next four weeks is going to herald the renaissance of Kenny(tm) and an announcement of the re-signing. Should we then go ahead and win our EF it'll be mission acccomplished, back slaps and the immediate publication of Hinkley's Hagiography.

The thing I hate most is that the Club doesn't have standards any more. Near enough is good enough, wave your scarves (and renew your customerships) Power fans :mad:

Hinkley would probably be low key loving having these guys out, now he can roll out more spin to Koch and the board about how it wasn’t his fault the season fell apart, it was injuries.
Without doubt. Endlessly kissed on the pecker at our expense for over a decade

TBH the personnel is almost irrelevant. We just have no forward system and rely completely on random bits of individual talent to kick a score. Someone needs to teach our coaches and forwards how leading patterns work...
Yeah, it would be Dixon taking high level huge contested marks on the wing or half forward and moving it on or very high play from the likes of Butters, Rozee, Houston and other skilled players like Burton, etc.

Should be an interesting game.

I think Farrell can be easily covered by Bonner, we probably aren't losing too much there but Dixon out is a big loss. I think he is much more important than he is given credit for at times. It is no coincidence our drop off in form has probably come at the same time Dixon body is deteriorating on him.

DBJ probably needs to go back this week too, as cover for Jones. There is a net loss there as Jones plays taller.

But the 2 players we could least afford to lose are Allir and Dixon. Your best key defender and key forward. Add to that we've just sent our best ruckman in for surgery and have a 2 game novice as our ruckman, the wheels are well and truly falling off.

I think Farrell can be easily covered by Bonner, we probably aren't losing too much there but Dixon out is a big loss. I think he is much more important than he is given credit for at times. It is no coincidence our drop off in form has probably come at the same time Dixon body is deteriorating on him.

DBJ probably needs to go back this week too, as cover for Jones. There is a net loss there as Jones plays taller.

But the 2 players we could least afford to lose are Allir and Dixon. Your best key defender and key forward. Add to that we've just sent our best ruckman in for surgery and have a 2 game novice as our ruckman, the wheels are well and truly falling off.
Dixons retirn has coincided with a decline in forward output,

Not his fault, but the fault of the system that changes to accomodate him rather than finding him somewhere to fit.

We are going to embarrass ourselves in the finals. Just have to hope we don't finish top 4 so it'll just be 1 final rather than 2.
After everyone criticising Ken for not making a grand final all of a sudden making a GF with this team and repeating 2007 could be the worst case scenario..

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dixons retirn has coincided with a decline in forward output,

Not his fault, but the fault of the system that changes to accomodate him rather than finding him somewhere to fit.
Not sure i agree with that. I think our form in general has dropped since the bye and it is not to do with Dixon, the Carlton game is a prime example of that.

Hopefully with Dixon out the players can resort to some sense of methodology with respect to their forward 50 entries as opposed to bombing it aimlessly high on top of the KPF's heads.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

surely we would be top of the injury ladder?

I cant recall a game where we haven't had a couple of changes due to injury

surely we would be top of the injury ladder?

I cant recall a game where we haven't had a couple of changes due to injury

Wouldn't have thought we'd be anywhere near the top.

West coast have spent most of the season with barely enough players to pick from.

Essendon, for instance currently have: Draper, Jones, Reid, Ridley, Shiel and Stringer on the sidelines.

Norfs list is as long as your arm.

Apart from Orazio who doesn't really count and Mitch whos season was over early, most of the time we haven't been too bad.

Last edited:
Wouldn't have thought we'd be anywhere near the top.

West coast have spent most of the season with barely enough players to pick from.

Essendon, for instance currently have: Draper, Jones, Reid, Ridley, Shiel and Stringer on the sidelines.

Norfs list is as long as your arm.

Apart from Orazio who doesn't really count and Mitch whos season was over early, most of the time we haven't been too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back