Preview Preview & Changes v Geelong at the Cattery

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really. Jonas for Allir and Boak in sends Bergman back. Geelong don't have a tall forward line at all, Cameron and then quasi medium talls in Henry and Rohan really is it. We have Jonas, Mckenzie, Bergman and Burton to cover that. Yes most of them suck, but height wise are fine. Bergman would take Cameron again you would assume. Will it work again like last time, probably not.
I like McKenzie but not on Rohan. Hopefully we start with whoever quelled him last time after his destructive opening quarter. I think that was Burton.

Will losing by 100+ points have an impact on Ken’s future?

Can’t really turn a blind eye to 4 losses in a row with losing margins of 50, 47 and 100 to 3 teams outside the top 8 at the time.

who cares about winning or losing? right now all that matters is Boaky gets to 350 and you sign up for next year

We are 100% going to finish 4th beat Collingwood then lose a home preim by 8 plus goals 😆
If that happens then Collingwood may be playing the other prelim at the Gabba. Could be interesting.

We need 2 of our last 4 to finish top 4, with three of those against teams still in the finals hunt. I think it'll come down to the last game against Richmond, which thankfully at least is at home.

Unfortunately the home EF against the Crows rears it's ugly head as a possibility again. We could have put that to bed last week. :(.

We are as short as the seven dwarfs in defence and someone at the PAFC thinks Finlayson will start on the pine? Our back 6 is Williams, McKenzie, Houston, Horne- Francis, Burton and Jonas. The tallest in that six is 191cm. Even with Hawkins out I can see a thrashing on the horizon.

If the ball is bounced and Finlayson is sitting on the pine next to Ken I will switch the ******* TV off.
JHF will not start down back: that's just a filler for Farrell's now vacant slot.

They will flip JHF for DBJ or Bergman. Wines and Drew should both NOT start in the guts.
Before Dante needs a spell, we need to hit 'em with speed, From the first bounce, start with both Rozee & Butters.

Then rotate one with Drew or Wines off the wing, where Butters can drift into the high forward role.

Pretty sure it was still McKenzie after quarter time. Just changed his approach to defending against Rohan.
The Geelong site has flagged Rohan with a crook ankle, maybe his jab will be less effective the longer th game goes on.

Bergman with a groin.
Marshall has only jogged for a couple of weeks - groin?
Finlayson probably going through hell.
McEntee's role is forward defender and niggler.
Frankie slow but good for a goal if he can get the ball.
Ollie carrying something, probably shoulder.
Etc

Have been playing Hinkleyball forward entries since the break. With no leading from the forwards, can't or not part of Kenny's loser plan.

Will probably win by 10, goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ooft. I take back my optimism from earlier in the week. 10 pages of this thread and I’m ready to call us the next west coast and throw myself out the nearest window.

Pretty sad that injuries are once again going to * up our chances. Definitely seems like poor player/injury management could be largely to blame.

Such a damn shame. I was really convinced at one point this season we’d turned a genuine corner - not just in our performances, but in our mental toughness too.

But the wheels are officially off now.

Backs:
Williams, McKenzie, Houston
Bergman, Jonas, Burton
DBJ bench

Mid:
Boak, Drew, Duursma
Wines, Rozee, Visentini
Butters, JHF bench

Fwd:
Rioli, Marshall, McEntee
Lord, Finlayson, SPP