Preview Preview & Changes v Geelong at the Cattery

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tredders comments are concerning. Very concerning. We are literally falling apart. How can you possibly sign ken in these circumstances?
Because they'll say until injuries decimated us, that Ken was on track prior to the bye for the GF at a minimum. We here know it's all bullshit, but the happy clappers will buy that 'with just a bit more luck with injuries next year, we'll win it all!'.

Watch him come in as a late change or something bullshit like that and ken smugly before the bounce is like Yeahh look frankie evans gives us something up forward so he comes straight back in for (insert player name)

Genius, nobody would see it coming. You showed them with your brilliant mind Kenny.
And Geelong are left reeling trying to cover the surprise inclusion of a guy they delisted last year.
Ken always 3 steps ahead

Not having a fit Dixon and lycett certainly hurts you, but both haven't been 100% all year and honestly Dante and lord will be hopefully first choice players for years to come and part of your next premiership side.
Dixon and lycett will be long forgotten by then. Port fans should enjoy watching the 2 young lads develop and getting games under their belts.

Recent performances have confirmed that Dixon hobbling on one leg is more productive than a fully fit lord. You could argue the same for lycett v Dante but to a lesser extent.

We are second on the ladder so we kind of wouldn’t mind our next premiership coming this year, albeit we all realise that is becoming more fanciful by the day.

We aren’t a rebuilding side that needs to get games into its kids for our next tilt at a premiership years down the track. You do realise how ridiculous that sounds when you are sitting second on the ladder.

Yeah nah, let’s pack it in for this year and play the kids. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Thought bubble in-coming. Maybe Ken's been given the nod on a 2yr extension (waiting for a win to announce it) and Carr to Richmond

has advanced another notch (altho' last week wouldn't have helped his chances). There was a spiteful belligerence in the Donuts clip I saw

on 7 tonight. If iirc he said "we'll I was out after Rd3". I'm only surmising but Daddy Donuts had the air of someone who'd been given

some good news :mad:.

I really hope i'm wrong but fear that something has happened and he's stamped his authority ala move over kids i'm back.

I reckon away from the camera he'd be a really nasty piece of work who could carry a grudge with the best of 'em. He'd hate Wazza's guts.
Unfortunately, i now think this is right.

3/4 time against Collingwood I was starting to seriously believe. That loss was massive in the big scheme of things.
I thought it at the time.

It was our 2014 v Sydney loss which derailed our season all over again.

Instead of Ridiculous Buddy kicking them from 70, this time instead it was Daicos and Elliott from 50 on the boundary

* it I'm chucking my whole Sportsbet balance on Geelong.

Last edited:
The super melts are back. Bloody miserable reading this.

Young team we are, a bit cooked now this season, the oldies Dixon/Lycett/Boak also a bit cooked.

Will be interesting if we can work through this patch and get some momentum and fitness b4 going into finals.
"work through this patch" lel we've been trying to work through this patch since 2014.

On moto g62 5G using BigFooty.com mobile app

Out of curiosity I am looking at the rd 14 game to see who was on Stewart and how you guys dealt with him. I recall he was closely marked and I remembered a few times he ran past teammates looking for a handball and SPP was right with him not allowing that easy dish off.

I've only watched the first quarter so far. Looked like he didn't come onto the ground until 6 or 7 minutes of playing time had gone. Trying to foil any potential tag, maybe?

For the rest of the quarter he was attended to, almost all times. Every time I saw him, even in the distance, I took note.

1x he was on his own.
3x DBJ
5x SPP
1x Drew
4x McEntee
1x Marshall (probably Stewart's choice)

Hope they do similar this time - too dangerous to let roam as he pleases. Ken and co. do seem to like lockdown roles. Hope to see it again.

Out of curiosity I am looking at the rd 14 game to see who was on Stewart and how you guys dealt with him. I recall he was closely marked and I remembered a few times he ran past teammates looking for a handball and SPP was right with him not allowing that easy dish off.

I've only watched the first quarter so far. Looked like he didn't come onto the ground until 6 or 7 minutes of playing time had gone. Trying to foil any potential tag, maybe?

For the rest of the quarter he was attended to, almost all times. Every time I saw him, even in the distance, I took note.

1x he was on his own.
3x DBJ
5x SPP
1x Drew
4x McEntee
1x Marshall (probably Stewart's choice)

Hope they do similar this time - too dangerous to let roam as he pleases. Ken and co. do seem to like lockdown roles. Hope to see it again.
Cool, thankyou.

SPP and McEntee have done well this year defensively. Along with Rioli they did a great job against Collingwood a few weeks back.

If we get within 7 or 8 goals it'll be spun as a gallant performance given our injuries and how hard it is to win down there...um, aside from Freo last week...and how young we are...and, um...if we play like that we'll win more than we lose...and yep, another tick on the checklist to reappoint the master coach!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This will not be news to many but Mc Entee is a spud. He is in the side to kick goals not please people with his defensive efforts. Last week Francis Evans had 14 disposals and booted 4.0 while McEntee had 8 disposals and kicked 0.0. None of Evans' goals were handed to him on a plate he had to work for them.

One can only conclude that Hinkley has a hidden agenda here. A spud gets a two year deal while a player who boots 4.0 gets dropped and the same spud stays in the side there has to be something the supporter base does not know about. I cannot believe this selection.

With insane selections like this we do not deserve to win.

* off Hinkley you drop kick and take your favourite spud with you. I don't think I have ever been so angry and perplexed with a selection decision during the Hinkley era. :mad: :mad:

On paper it's not a team of world beaters.
Just need Port to extract the digits.

View attachment 1763677

Looks like a team that will destroy us. I can't see us kicking many goals against that defence and I think our backs will struggle to contain them. It will take a phenomenal performance from the midfield for us to stay close on the night

You would have to think that Hinkley has got the reigns back at the club now.

To drop Evans after a 4 goal haul and close to best on ground while McEntee has done zippo for a while and a smidge more over that for the course of the year really tells you a lot.

We have little to no chance of winning the premiership this year if Hinkley is back running the show at the Kenny Hinkley Footy Club.

Fair enough Jonas back in. If Hawkins is on one leg, he might kick 10 goals against him.

It will be very interesting to see a backline with KPDs of Jonas and McKenzie lumbering around against Cameron and the Tomahawk.

I kinda get the feeling that we will start with a burst of energy and then lay an egg. Geelong has lost down there a few times which is definitely different but we are really banged up, back to the gold passes and the players will intuitively know that Hinkley is obviously a bad coach and he will be a negative.

You would have to think that Hinkley has got the reigns back at the club now.

To drop Evans after a 4 goal haul and close to best on ground while McEntee has done zippo for a while and a smidge more over that for the course of the year really tells you a lot.

We have little to no chance of winning the premiership this year if Hinkley is back running the show at the Kenny Hinkley Footy Club.

Fair enough Jonas back in. If Hawkins is on one leg, he might kick 10 goals against him.

It will be very interesting to see a backline with KPDs of Jonas and McKenzie lumbering around against Cameron and the Tomahawk.

I kinda get the feeling that we will start with a burst of energy and then lay an egg. Geelong has lost down there a few times which is definitely different but we are really banged up, back to the gold passes and the players will intuitively know that Hinkley is obviously a bad coach and he will be a negative.
Hawkins is out. Hammy.

This mismanagement of lycetts
Injury is disgusting..

A complete cockup..

Can’t possibly think we could win a final with Dante as first ruck..

And they are going to sign this bumbling idiot and his cronies for another 2 years..

Talk about winning 13 in a row and 3 weeks later our ******* season is shot..

Only at port Adelaide.
I wonder if Kane Cornes will comment on the mismanagement of Lycett by Port. God knows if it was the bulldogs that mismanaged their ruckman on the eve of finals he would discuss it every other sentence

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back