Review What do you mean we f**king won at Geelong?

Remove this Banner Ad

JHF forced Geelong to make a very early sub call. So Scott probably would have given him five.

Yep. In the press conferences Hinkley praised Butters as captain and then said JHF was great too. Scott went straight to talking about JHF.

I really would like to see which coach voted for who.

Given those votes, Scott and Hinkley were split on best on field, with Butters and JHF getting 5+4.

Past that, they only agreed on 1 other player being in the top five. As 2 of Rioli, Wines and Guthrie would have picked up the 3 votes, the other 2+1.

Which means for Stengle and Holmes to get votes, only 1 coach would have voted for them.

I kind of get Stengle but not Holmes.

I’m guessing Scott voted as if Geelong had won.
C Scott is known as a bias coaches award voter

It is for that reason we will never see the coaches award as anything other than what it is…. A gimmick.

Don’t worry, the Brownlow isn’t much better.
Eh it's still the 2nd highest award you can win for mine behind B and F in a premiership year

Umpires boss had a meeting with Chris Scott, I imagine it went along the lines - here’s a customer satisfaction survey, how can we be better??

the Geelong sycophants are lining up to protect Scott…. I’m actually enjoying reading them justify why Geelong got the raw end of the stick on Friday.

Yep. In the press conferences Hinkley praised Butters as captain and then said JHF was great too. Scott went straight to talking about JHF.
So that he could spend 3 minutes talking about how good the Irish bloke did on JHF and then 5 minutes about the umpires and completely ignore getting any questions about the first half.

I'm so confused as to what we did wrong with Aliir if this is allowed. Can anyone explain it?
I believe the error we made was 'not being based on Victoria'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get the feeling that Scott is angry at himself but being too cowboyish with his tactics and he ultimately cost the game on the weekend. Once he implemented his adjustments, they almost cruised to victory but ran out of time.

It was a great win by the boys but underlying it is a bit of worry against them next time.

I will say that Geelong will no doubt throw a couple of sheep stations at Freo for Sean Darcy in the offseason.

I get the feeling that Scott is angry at himself but being too cowboyish with his tactics and he ultimately cost the game on the weekend. Once he implemented his adjustments, they almost cruised to victory but ran out of time.

It was a great win by the boys but underlying it is a bit of worry against them next time.

I will say that Geelong will no doubt throw a couple of sheep stations at Freo for Sean Darcy in the offseason.
I imagine they'll finish top 4 yet have three top ten draft picks, so yeah, this would be a possibility.

You could argue they lost the game at selection when they rested a few guys and lost Dangerfield to injury.

I don’t think they took Port seriously enough. Forced them into an early tactical-sub and when they woke up, they were (just) too far behind.

Port admitted they did not do the concussion test immediately after the head clash and they should have done the test. Geelong did to the test. That is the difference.
They admitted they didn’t do the scat test, which Geelong also didn’t do until after the game. That’s the one that takes a minimum of 15 minutes off. Port did an HIA, and supposedly he passed it, but they admitted they should have done the scat based off of the footage (which forms part of the hia). So while he must have passed the questions the hia was obviously not thorough enough. Geelong however didn’t even remove Cameron from the ground. How you can complete the hia on field I have no idea. But maybe the footage wasn’t bad enough to warrant it.

Geelong's test consisted of the doctor yelling from the boundary line "Come off Jeremy" and when Jeremy said No the doc decided, Well he knows his name, so he must be ok.

Port admitted they did not do the concussion test immediately after the head clash and they should have done the test. Geelong did to the test. That is the difference.
With Aliir what occured was a HIA on the bench that determined he didn't need to undergo the 20 minute SCAT5 concussion assessment.

Jeremy Cameron had that HIA done on the field, during stoppages in play for a ball up and a mark.

You could argue they lost the game at selection when they rested a few guys and lost Dangerfield to injury.

I don’t think they took Port seriously enough. Forced them into an early tactical-sub and when they woke up, they were (just) too far behind.

Caller on 5AA spoke to Tredders about this topic then the caller starting veering off about the coaches soft cap. Tredders acknowledges the performance especially the second half fade out. I think he knows that this was an ambush performance and may not be replicated again when it matters most.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back