Analysis What is it with Eddie and plans?

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 9, 2009
CR0
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool
You mean the big narcissistic, deranged “ I’m desperate to be relevant “ picture that Ed clings to so he’s not at home driving Carla insane with his inane ramblings?
That would require intelligence on the part of the person being driven insane.

I've met Carla and let's just say, there's a vacancy at the motel.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Keep the draft and the on-field salary cap, get rid of all other equalisation measures for teams that aren't in a developing/unrepresented market, and in five years there'll be at least one open place in the AFL for a Tasmanian team.

There you go, a nice simple straightforward plan.

AFL going to share time slots evenly as well?

Osho

We haven't changed our position.
Jul 9, 2021
AFL Club
GWS
It's quite normal for a certain type of Narcissistic Socio-Path to make bold and grand plans whilst simultaneously ignoring the downtrodden, and refusing to accept responsibility for their mistreatment.

I don't know why people keep proposing this. It's simply not going to happen.

Curious …

… as you’re somebody who follows a club that was formed by Fitzroy merging with the Bears, a merger that resulted in decent success (3 Premierships) …

… why don’t you think North merging with Suns will ever happen?

Oct 17, 2000
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy Football Club
… as you’re somebody who follows a club that was formed by Fitzroy merging with the Bears,

Because as I have said ad nauseum that didn't happen. THE Fitzroy Football Club (formed 1883) still play in their own right in Melbourne. Aren't they supposed to be in Queensland?

… why don’t you think North merging with Suns will ever happen?

The North Melbourne members will never vote in favour. They've seen that future writ large in any AFL promises to have the "Gold Coast Kangaroos" play a minimum 6-7 games in Melbourne in perpetuity. Any such promises are not worth the paper they are written on.

Quite apart from the fact that North are in a far better position than Fitzroy were when they surrendered their AFL licence and were removed from the competition. North Melbourne have their own substantial home base and are debt free, which are things Fitzroy didn't have. And the AFL still couldn't merge Fitzroy. The AFL had to take Fitzroy's licence to compete in the competition and then use the parts of the Fitzroy identity that they owned to rebrand the Brisbane Bears and market that as a 'merger'. The Brisbane Lions first competed as an AFL club in 1987 not 1997.

For some illogical reason a few people equate on field performance of one of the small Melbourne based clubs with the likelihood of merger or relocation. North's current ladder position has little to nothing to do with them relocating. Caroline Wilson is still banging on about it today in the Age..."And while the hapless Kangaroos look ripe for relocation." :rolleyes:

She (and a few others) need to go back and take a very good look at the events of 2007 and 1996 to see what the AFL can and can't do. If the North Melbourne membership and board do not want to relocate or merge then they won't be relocating or merging. We saw that with Melbourne and Hawthorn in 1996, we saw that with North Melbourne in 2007 and despite the common perception amongst the footballing public that "Fitzroy was sent north to Queensland"...god how many times have I read that on here...that simply didn't happen either.

North Melbourne have stated repeatedly that they will not relocate or merge, with CEO Ben Amarfio stating in March 2021: "Our footy club has been in North Melbourne for over 150 years. We are invested in staying at Arden Street and looking forward to being an active participant with the Victorian government and the City of Melbourne in the exciting development going on in this precinct.”

Last edited:

tastiger

Club Legend
Mar 17, 2022
AFL Club
Richmond
Quilty post. I like how you added no rational thought to the discussion. My favorite part was the insults.

10/10 - would waste my time responding to you again.
I'll help out a little here, north are not Collingwood and North wouldn't lose 500k playing a twilight game. You could put North in prime time games and still struggle to get a crowd.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hojuman

조수미 사랑해요
May 20, 2012
Seoul
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Because as I have said ad nauseum that didn't happen. THE Fitzroy Football Club (formed 1883) still play in their own right in Melbourne. Aren't they supposed to be in Queensland?

The North Melbourne members will never vote in favour. They've seen that future writ large in any AFL promises to have the "Gold Coast Kangaroos" play a minimum 6-7 games in Melbourne in perpetuity. Any such promises are not worth the paper they are written on.

Quite apart from the fact that North are in a far better position than Fitzroy were when they surrendered their AFL licence and were removed from the competition. North Melbourne have their own substantial home base and are debt free, which are things Fitzroy didn't have. And the AFL still couldn't merge Fitzroy. The AFL had to take Fitzroy's licence to compete in the competition and then use the parts of the Fitzroy identity that they owned to rebrand the Brisbane Bears and market that as a 'merger'. The Brisbane Lions first competed as an AFL club in 1987 not 1997.

For some illogical reason a few people equate on field performance of one of the small Melbourne based clubs with the likelihood of merger or relocation. North's current ladder position has little to nothing to do with them relocating. Caroline Wilson is still banging on about it today in the Age..."And while the hapless Kangaroos look ripe for relocation." :rolleyes:

She (and a few others) need to go back and take a very good look at the events of 2007 and 1996 to see what the AFL can and can't do. If the North Melbourne membership and board do not want to relocate or merge then they won't be relocating or merging. We saw that with Melbourne and Hawthorn in 1996, we saw that with North Melbourne in 2007 and despite the common perception amongst the footballing public that "Fitzroy was sent north to Queensland"...god how many times have I read that on here...that simply didn't happen either.

North Melbourne have stated repeatedly that they will not relocate or merge, with CEO Ben Amarfio stating in March 2021: "Our footy club has been in North Melbourne for over 150 years. We are invested in staying at Arden Street and looking forward to being an active participant with the Victorian government and the City of Melbourne in the exciting development going on in this precinct.”

They'll never get it mate no matter how many times we tell them.

Sep 11, 2003
Slovenia
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
North are the team no one wants.
Coming from a fan of a club who purports that they ‘exist to win premierships’ (as if that someone makes them different) who are sitting at a strike rate of 1/25 in the big league 😆. Coincidentally operating at the same strike rate as North Melbourne.

Maybe the small Adelaide club and small Melbourne club could compare notes?

May 23, 2010
Chalong 83130
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth (Demons)
It's SO obvious what Tassie want and it's just as obvious what they don't want, how can the FF not see that, they've said it so many times.
What a slap in the face it'd be, give QLD and NSW startup sides but an Ozzy rules state gets a 2nd hand team from Victoria that's been struggling for a long time.

Trent the flight Steward

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 30, 2006
Cessnock
AFL Club
Geelong
There's no doubt he still thinks of himself as the pies president, he's still close with Gil, so you'd think this is him and Gils idea, where eds taking one for the team and showing it to everyone.

It would have to be on par with any big footy nuffie idea I've seen, maybe Ed could start up a big footy account in his spare time.

Neither the AFL or Ed has read the room, and for both it's happening alarmly too often.

I'm not sure if any other person in the AFL media had made the Adam Goodes King Kong comments they would be still working in an AFL environment, how Eddie is still within the AFL, yet we have Adam Goodes not is an indicament squarely on Gil. Eds a tv host, who hasn't been in touch with your average AFL fan since the mid 90s, when he started hanging around packer instead his footy show mates.

May 23, 2010
Chalong 83130
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth (Demons)
There's no doubt he still thinks of himself as the pies president, he's still close with Gil, so you'd think this is him and Gils idea, where eds taking one for the team and showing it to everyone.

It would have to be on par with any big footy nuffie idea I've seen, maybe Ed could start up a big footy account in his spare time.

Neither the AFL or Ed has read the room, and for both it's happening alarmly too often.

I'm not sure if any other person in the AFL media had made the Adam Goodes King Kong comments they would be still working in an AFL environment, how Eddie is still within the AFL, yet we have Adam Goodes not is an indicament squarely on Gil. Eds a tv host, who hasn't been in touch with your average AFL fan since the mid 90s, when he started hanging around packer instead his footy show mates.
Pretty sure he's got multiple BF accounts

Coolangatta

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 27, 2007
Western Australia
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
It's SO obvious what Tassie want and it's just as obvious what they don't want, how can the FF not see that, they've said it so many times.
What a slap in the face it'd be, give QLD and NSW startup sides but an Ozzy rules state gets a 2nd hand team from Victoria that's been struggling for a long time.
This x 1000. If the AFL want or have to relocate Victorian sides, you do so to NSW and QLD, maybe ACT if you ever put a team there. Greater Western Bulldogs and Gold Coast Kangaroos would’ve been fine. Tassie Kangaroos? Get ****ed. If expansion ever happens in Tassie, NT, WA, or SA, it should never, ever be a relocated Vic club. Keep all 10 and expand with new clubs or move a couple to NSW and QLD.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back