Opinion What is your most nonsensical Freo hill you'll die on?

Remove this Banner Ad

Freo have no premierships because 2 of our greatest ever players happen to be the most selfish individuals, they only ever cared about money and personal awards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Freo have no premierships because 2 of our greatest ever players happen to be the most selfish individuals, they only ever cared about money and personal awards.

nuclear explosion GIF

I could believe that about Fyfe but if you are also talking about Pav, Sandi, or Mundy then you are way the * out of line.

I think our song is no worse than anyone else's.
Seriously the barrackers a barracking???
Its not a high bar

I agree if we included the first verse as well as the chorus, similar to what the AFLW girls do.
Sounds much better with both.
I’d mentioned a couple of years back that we could maybe instigate this after our next finals win as a bit of a celebration then carry it forward from there.
Never happened at the win against the Bulldogs last year so maybe they are waiting for a GF win to do?
Guess it’ll be in place permanently from 2025 onwards then 🤣

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

That 2022 elim final is gonna be looked back fondly by me personally with freos mens current situation.

Each year we are losing best 23 players. And it looks like we are unlikey to make finals in 2024 and likely that Justin Longmuir is gonna be sacked because of it.

Again... Looking back to that 2022 season. As tempting as getting 4th spot was with the double chance, I am glad we got 5th.

Had we got 4th, I knew Cats would of beaten us in the Qualifying final at the mcg with those experienced players. We then would of faced Magpies or swans at home in WA. Both teams belted us in the regular season at home. Both teams had more finals experience than us and confidence to get the job done and beat freo.

So... getting 5th and Beating the dogs in a Home elim final turned out to be good. We had to win that elim final. One of the reasons that made that elim final memorable was the build up towards it. That 2016-21 period, 6 years of no finals, the 6 year rebuild and most of the players of that 2010 side coached under mark harvey and the 2012-5 players under that Ross Lyon finals era were either retired, delisted or traded. That 2016-21 rebuild was brutal, it had its flawed but it was worth it. I wished we had a couple of 21 or 22 year olds that played in that 2015 qf vs the swans and stayed on the list were 27 or 28 in 2022.

Of the players left from our last final win in 2015 vs the swans in he Qualifying final, Only David Mundy and Michael Walters were left. I could of added Nathan Fyfe but he didnt play in that 2022 elim final because of injury.

David Mundy was 37 years and 45 days old. Michael Walters was 31 years and 239 days old when we won that elim final vs the dogs.

Had freo finished 4th, we would of gone out in Straight sets.

And had we not won a final in 2022, I would be reminding you dockers fans our last finals win would still be 2015. Its 2023 now and we are less than 2 weeks left until 2024 rolls around.

So... I will savour that 2022 elim final win. I hope we dont have to wait another 6 or 7 years for our next finals win. lol

That 2022 elim final is gonna be looked back fondly by me personally with freos mens current situation.

Each year we are losing best 23 players. And it looks like we are unlikey to make finals in 2024 and likely that Justin Longmuir is gonna be sacked because of it.

Again... Looking back to that 2022 season. As tempting as getting 4th spot was with the double chance, I am glad we got 5th.

Had we got 4th, I knew Cats would of beaten us in the Qualifying final at the mcg with those experienced players. We then would of faced Magpies or swans at home in WA. Both teams belted us in the regular season at home. Both teams had more finals experience than us and confidence to get the job done and beat freo.

So... getting 5th and Beating the dogs in a Home elim final turned out to be good. We had to win that elim final. One of the reasons that made that elim final memorable was the build up towards it. That 2016-21 period, 6 years of no finals, the 6 year rebuild and most of the players of that 2010 side coached under mark harvey and the 2012-5 players under that Ross Lyon finals era were either retired, delisted or traded. That 2016-21 rebuild was brutal, it had its flawed but it was worth it. I wished we had a couple of 21 or 22 year olds that played in that 2015 qf vs the swans and stayed on the list were 27 or 28 in 2022.

Of the players left from our last final win in 2015 vs the swans in he Qualifying final, Only David Mundy and Michael Walters were left. I could of added Nathan Fyfe but he didnt play in that 2022 elim final because of injury.

David Mundy was 37 years and 45 days old. Michael Walters was 31 years and 239 days old when we won that elim final vs the dogs.

And had we not won a final in 2022, I would be reminding you dockers fans our last finals win would still be 2015. Its 2023 now and we are less than 2 weeks left until 2024 rolls around.

So... I will savour that 2022 elim final win. I hope we dont have to wait another 6 or 7 years for our next finals win. lol
Yep, that’s nonsensical, we’ll make the finals in 2024!

Odds might be odds but we beat Geelong when no one expected it. By all accounts we could also as easily be flag winners atm had we taken 4th and went on a run.
It happens, as history is a very good indicator of, more so than soothsaying ;)

Yep, that’s nonsensical, we’ll make the finals in 2024!
I hope you are right.

Nice to have a young list. But I want this list to succeed and Win a flag or at worst win a few finals with this group.
Odds might be odds but we beat Geelong when no one expected it. By all accounts we could also as easily be flag winners atm had we taken 4th and went on a run.
I have been a dockers fan since late 2001 or early 2002.

I remember freos 1st win vs the cats in Geelong. It was either 2004 or 2005. It was a great win against the odds in wet and bleak weather. Its a shame we didnt make finals in either 2004 or 2005 in which we should of.

Yeah Geelong haven't beaten us in past 2 seasons.

We may have got them again on an off day and tipped that finals series on its head.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pavlich and Fyfe?

Mate, Pavlich stayed during 2001-2006 as the basket case Fremantle were. Could easily gone to Adelaide or Port during their strong years and no doubt would’ve won a premiership next to Tredea or Riccuito.

Fyfe’s career has been wasted by Fremantle in that 2016-2021 were dreadful and pointless. Imagine him being GOD mode yet the whole side loses by 50+ points nearly every week.
Nah, the top 5 Fremantle players are selfless, loyal and committed. The club has let them down in every way

Even Mundy too.

Pavlich and Fyfe?

Mate, Pavlich stayed during 2001-2006 as the basket case Fremantle were. Could easily gone to Adelaide or Port during their strong years and no doubt would’ve won a premiership next to Tredea or Riccuito.

Fyfe’s career has been wasted by Fremantle in that 2016-2021 were dreadful and pointless. Imagine him being GOD mode yet the whole side loses by 50+ points nearly every week.
Nah, the top 5 Fremantle players are selfless, loyal and committed. The club has let them down in every way

Even Mundy too.

Fyfe is so harshly judged - nobody has tried harder for the jumper and his peak performance years were as good as anything produced at this club. The money and personal awards came from performance and giving everything for the club - not because of selfishness in actions and demands.
If all the players worked as hard, gave as much and got the max from their skills as Fyfe - Freo may just have that premiership.
I truly hope he produces what his mind wants to this year - He is the Adam Gichrist of footy, not the David Warner

Clarke shouldn't have been subbed off in the 2013 GF. He would have done something in the last quarter. Dawson should have been subbed off. We had defensive coverage when Hale went into the ruck and anyhow better off playing shorter in the backline and trying to win.

Clarke shouldn't have been subbed off in the 2013 GF. He would have done something in the last quarter. Dawson should have been subbed off. We had defensive coverage when Hale went into the ruck and anyhow better off playing shorter in the backline and trying to win.
Not sure about Dawson, but agree, they could have tried Clarke as a decoy, leading up outside F50 to get Lake away from the drop zone of all our bombs inside 50.

Not sure about Dawson, but agree, they could have tried Clarke as a decoy, leading up outside F50 to get Lake away from the drop zone of all our bombs inside 50.

In the 4th quarter one of the coaching moves was to put MJ in the ruck and put Sandi up forward.

Was that not what he was trying to do most of the game? Hawthorn just ignored him because he was useless as a forward.
Our players misunderstood “decoy” and kept kicking it to him, he’d then get easily nudged out of the marking contest and an intercept mark was the result, that’s my memory of that game anyway

Remove this Banner Ad

Back