Preview What Mackay effort are you most looking forward to?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's really sad when folk have to have a whipping boy and my goodness, god help them if the selectors continue to pick em! Seems to me you lot are going after the wrong person. Not Mackay's fault for being picked or for being given a five year contract. Not his fault for being picked every week even though he's out of form. He goes out and works to the best of his ability week in week out, get's crap from his own team supporters and still comes back for more. The man needs a frigging medal if you ask me.

I'd go with a Certificate of Participation.

Toxic is right. I'm critical of Mackay at times as well, but **** me I hope he's BOG on Saturday night to stick it up those who have more interest in bagging out players than anything else. There's bay 13 for this kind of rubbish. Go DMac.
You misunderstand my position sir. I deride Mackay's performances out of desire for an improved team. I do not think Mackay is capable of improving, but if he did then it would be fantastic for the team. So there will be no sticking up anything going on if Mackay performs because it doesn't erase his (in my opinion) poor performance from the history books and it is good for the team! My position is win/win baby!! Come at me!

It's really sad when folk have to have a whipping boy and my goodness, god help them if the selectors continue to pick em! Seems to me you lot are going after the wrong person. Not Mackay's fault for being picked or for being given a five year contract. Not his fault for being picked every week even though he's out of form. He goes out and works to the best of his ability week in week out, get's crap from his own team supporters and still comes back for more. The man needs a frigging medal if you ask me.
While not his fault for being picked the things he does on the ground are our point of reference and at times they are equally frustrating and hilarious. Go back and re-read the original post with a light hearted view in mind and you may find that it isn't so mean spirited as some would believe. These are things that he has done repeatedly, we aren't making it up, though perhaps embelishing at times.

It's our own club FFS. It's like slagging your own family, we all have one that's a tad odd like me but you don't openly slag them. Attack port but don't start threads to attack our own players.

Mods - please delete this thread! We need to set a standard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This thread does not violate the rules. The original post is not attacking the club or any player. If you don't like it you are free to not read it. Unlike a society where censorship like you allude to is the norm, here on bigfooty we don't force people to consume content. If you want positive content, go create some instead of pushing my thread up the list. For someone who seems to dislike negativeness, you aren't being very positive.

Mackay vs Douglas?
Whos more frustrating?
Tough question Lawrst, are we talking about right now? Throughout their whole careers?

If right now, dead heat. If over their careers, perhaps Mackay, but that could be a recent bias because Douglas had a higher ceiling more recently and conversely Mackay has been putting the spud mobile into overdrive. I'm going to have to go with Matthew Smith.

You misunderstand my position sir. I deride Mackay's performances out of desire for an improved team. I do not think Mackay is capable of improving, but if he did then it would be fantastic for the team. So there will be no sticking up anything going on if Mackay performs because it doesn't erase his (in my opinion) poor performance from the history books and it is good for the team! My position is win/win baby!! Come at me!
As I said, Mackay frustrates me also and of course I also want to see an improved team. To my untrained eye the regularity that his tackles seem to get broken are concerning on the eve of finals, and I'd like to see him be more damaging for an outside running player. Let's hope for all our sakes that in the next four weeks he gives us something else to remark on with his efforts.

Interesting position haha. I take no issue with criticism of players and willing to give you the benefit of the doubt but the opening post didn't feel constructive. Understand feeling the need to vent, just seemed a bit much.

As I said, Mackay frustrates me also and of course I also want to see an improved team. To my untrained eye the regularity that his tackles seem to get broken are concerning on the eve of finals, and I'd like to see him be more damaging for an outside running player. Let's hope for all our sakes that in the next four weeks he gives us something else to remark on with his efforts.

Interesting position haha. I take no issue with criticism of players and willing to give you the benefit of the doubt but the opening post didn't feel constructive. Understand feeling the need to vent, just seemed a bit much.
Yeah that is fair enough. To be honest I can be quite hyperbolic, particuarly with regards to Mackay. The club seems intent on picking him so I hope he performs. Would love nothing more than that actually, aside from a premiership. There is a lot of romance in an underdog succeeding.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe he needs to have a man conversation with the selectors and tell them their form isn't up to standard and they should stop picking him

Shall we discuss Brad Crouch's few games early season .......McGoverns almost touchless games .....Charlies very quiet games ......

The clear difference is that most of those players you mentioned have all played 30 games or less and are still very much in the developmental stage of their careers while Mackay has played over 150 games and has been in the AFL system for nearly 10 years.

If any of those players reach 150 games and are playing as mediocre as Mackay has been then I can pretty well guarantee you that we all would be calling for their heads.

i would love to see him have confidence when running in on goal from 50 out, not swaying to his right then hooking it to his left

i would love to see him have confidence when running in on goal from 50 out, not swaying to his right then hooking it to his left
This is a disease in all AFL teams. I don't know how many times I hear my hubby say to my son as the player runs to the right (or left) and proceeds to kick the same direction he ran in, "see, that's what I mean, you have to run at goal!" (If the kid has heard it once, he's heard it a thousand times! :D).

This is a disease in all AFL teams. I don't know how many times I hear my hubby say to my son as the player runs to the right (or left) and proceeds to kick the same direction he ran in, "see, that's what I mean, you have to run at goal!" (If the kid has heard it once, he's heard it a thousand times! :D).
thing is, this is not a rarity for him. he should have fixed it 5 years ago or been ruled out as having a huge deficiency that cannot be fixed. blame him or the coaching staff, but it really isn't good enough for a wingman who should be kicking 20+ goals a year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back