Preview What Mackay effort are you most looking forward to?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure.

David Mackay in last year's Semi Final v Hawthorn: 9 touches. Subbed off.

:cool:
Shall we discuss Brad Crouch's few games early season .......McGoverns almost touchless games .....Charlies very quiet games ......The early season attempt by this board to assassinate Cheney :rolleyes:

Fact is the club has defined a team structure for 2017 ......tried to encourage teamwork and team mate familiarity by not dropping players after a bad or even 2-3 bad games .....those decisions should have had us top 2 .......yet you still haven't a clue what the game is about

Your response is to define a career by one game, by one play, by one mistake ......i expect that of teens or those that spend the whole game at the bar .....or as what peeves me, incessantly leaving their seat to get another beer, so as to miss large chunks of the game & the rest through the bottom of a beer glass .......no doubt you're the latter

Yeah :rolleyes: .....only 17 bad decisions by the selection panel this year .....more if he hadn't been injured / rested

Debut in 2008 ......9 years on, assuming min 20 games a year ...Mackay has played 161 games out of 180 .....that's a lot of bad selections by numerous coaches :rolleyes:

How can they not see what you can't see ;)
Who the * are u captain save em all?

Shall we discuss Brad Crouch's few games early season .......McGoverns almost touchless games .....Charlies very quiet games ......The early season attempt by this board to assassinate Cheney :rolleyes:

Fact is the club has defined a team structure for 2017 ......tried to encourage teamwork and team mate familiarity by not dropping players after a bad or even 2-3 bad games .....those decisions should have had us top 2 .......yet you still haven't a clue what the game is about

Your response is to define a career by one game, by one play, by one mistake ......i expect that of teens or those that spend the whole game at the bar .....or as what peeves me, incessantly leaving their seat to get another beer, so as to miss large chunks of the game & the rest through the bottom of a beer glass .......no doubt you're the latter

Your cheap shots are laughably bad.

Games in the regular season don't matter anymore. It's finals. Tougher, harder games. Mackay will not provide quality when the game is on the line and I will be proven right yet again

Well the thread was in good humour making light of Mackay's footy habits, maybe it isn't your cup of tea and you could just stay out of it instead of coming in and attacking another poster? At least I discuss the club. Rage more though!

Your post is based purely on cowardly attacking Mackay but then have a go at me attacking you. Pwned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Who the **** are u captain save em all?
No ...just seeking fair and reasonable analysis / debate on any Crows player ......and iam fiercely anti herd mentality / bullying which occurs on this board when you go against the vocal minority

I said Mackay's game in last years finals was one of the worse i had seen, and the selectors would remember the effort

I said this year:
Mackay would be judged game by game, and was no automatic selection

2. Mackay need to be dropped after his horrid match this year

3. That Mackay probably would be replaced by Knight in 2017

So, iam no fan bois ......i judge it as i see it ......the fact is Mackay overall has had an excellent season, disagree all you like, you're wrong and the selectors are also saying you're wrong

Your cheap shots are laughably bad.

Games in the regular season don't matter anymore. It's finals. Tougher, harder games. Mackay will not provide quality when the game is on the line and I will be proven right yet again
You're 17 and zero wrong in your Mackay predictions this year, minor round games and finals......so yeah of course i'll believe you :rolleyes:

No ...just seeking fair and reasonable analysis / debate on any Crows player ......and iam fiercely anti herd mentality / bullying which occurs on this board when you go against the vocal minority

I said Mackay's game in last years finals was one of the worse i had seen, and the selectors would remember the effort

I said this year:
Mackay would be judged game by game, and was no automatic selection

2. Mackay need to be dropped after his horrid match this year

3. That Mackay probably would be replaced by Knight in 2017

So, iam no fan bois ......i judge it as i see it ......the fact is Mackay overall has had an excellent season, disagree all you like, you're wrong and the selectors are also saying you're wrong
The proof will be on saturday night. I look forward to tagging your name everytime he gets his blouse lifted..
How you can say hes had an excellent season is a *in joke. He is the perrenial underperformer. The selectors have got things wrongthis year and this decision to play him over henderson or for that matter knight is crap. Your a hypocrite and a s**t judge of football.

I just crunched some numbers for David

He's played 161 games, 153 regular games and 8 finals

There is no discernable difference in averages between the two for David.

CaptureDM.PNG
The only real differences I can see: more R50s, less Clearances, one less CP and one more UP (average possessions are the same), more 1%, and 5% less time on the ground.

Finals, we're 3-5
Regular season, we're 93-60

My real concern, is last finals series, in two games, he got 5 kicks, 10 handballs, 3 tackles, 2 R50s, 1 clearance, 2 clangers, and one 1%er. In two games. Are we about to be visited by the Ghost Of Finals Past?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're 17 and zero wrong in your Mackay predictions this year, minor round games and finals......so yeah of course i'll believe you :rolleyes:

What predictions? I've predicted that he will play as he always does in every match. And that's exactly what he does

Fellow supporters,

We are in for a treat and are spoilt for choice!

1) Behind on the run
2) Failed attempt at a 'don't argue'
3) 3 bounces on the run only to blaze away under zero pressure
4) Slipped tackle
5) Hospital handballs
6) Getting knocked over by a ball.

Or will the maestro unveil a new feast for the eyes? A new 'miracle on grass' for all of us to admire? A little something special he has been saving for the finals?

What are you most looking forward to? Or if you think we will get something new, what?

I personally think that we might get a nice ball kicked into a team mate's face. I think Mackay has the ability to up his team liability game.

Oh well at least North are playing Petrie.

you really are a spud

I think someone coined the phrase flagpole to describe how his "tackling" technique.

I'm hoping for the one where the ball knocks him over, I still chuckle just thinking about it.
I personally liked his "bump" (should have been a tackle) where he actually missed the player but managed to knock the ball loose and to our advantage. I'm hoping to see lot's of those!

It's really sad when folk have to have a whipping boy and my goodness, god help them if the selectors continue to pick em! Seems to me you lot are going after the wrong person. Not Mackay's fault for being picked or for being given a five year contract. Not his fault for being picked every week even though he's out of form. He goes out and works to the best of his ability week in week out, get's crap from his own team supporters and still comes back for more. The man needs a frigging medal if you ask me.

Toxic is right. I'm critical of Mackay at times as well, but **** me I hope he's BOG on Saturday night to stick it up those who have more interest in bagging out players than anything else. There's bay 13 for this kind of rubbish. Go DMac.

It's our own club FFS. It's like slagging your own family, we all have one that's a tad odd like me but you don't openly slag them. Attack port but don't start threads to attack our own players.

Mods - please delete this thread! We need to set a standard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back