What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No I did not. For starters I would never dream of Bruce "delicious" McAveney.

This thing is real, I swear it is. I saw it while watching Home and Away this week.
I just seen it. It was on after the women's match. Bont is the new big thing! Imagine us being the focus of the whole ch 7 ad campaign....probably embarrassed that we featured for .5 of a second in their 2016 finals campaign promo.

I just seen it. It was on after the women's match. Bont is the new big thing! Imagine us being the focus of the whole ch 7 ad campaign....probably embarrassed that we featured for .5 of a second in their 2016 finals campaign promo.
and on the trams. oh boy wow weeee

#whereisbillings

and on the trams. oh boy wow weeee

#whereisbillings
Not just trams...

Whilst walking from central Footscray to the family day at Whitten Oval, our family was passed by multiple buses with Bontempelli on the side of them.

The ability of our boys ( especially the high profile types like Bont and Jake) to not get sucked into the hype, and more importantly, the entire list realise they have become the hunted, is going to be the true litmus test in 2017. We know we have the players, the skills, the depth and the right coach, but yet to be seen if we have the ability to deliver given the constant limelight. Past teams I'd worry, but as so many have stated, this mob has something intangible and special.

I don't mind Robbo. He's an absolute pig and some of the questions he asks on 360 are deplorable, but atleast he tries to talk about footy most of the time. I'd have a guess that 85% of what he is saying on SEN/360 is actually about the games on the weekend rather than scandals. Compared to the other two 'big dogs' in Carro and Barrett who would be closer to 15%. Barrett talks about footy on AFL all access, but I genuinely can't think of more than a handful of times Carro has spoken about the game.

But I guess her job is to stir the pot and sell papers.

Wait. Essendon has 18 players ranked in the top 35% in their positions? Starting to wonder about Champion Data. No wonder David King got nothing right last year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Champion data is a tool for people who are unable to watch footy and make their own conclusions but still want to sound like they have a clue.

I did find the Herald Scum report amusing..

a 6 point loss to Melbourne in a pre-season game missing 7 grand final players and we're officially on a premiership hangover? please...

I did find the Herald Scum report amusing..

a 6 point loss to Melbourne in a pre-season game missing 7 grand final players and we're officially on a premiership hangover? please...
I know its like telling a giant crowd of ice addicts to get off the pipe but people reallllllly need to stop putting any stock in preseason football games. Media, BigFooty, fans, everyone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's good for SuperCoach. That's about it.

Move the below if you have to Mods

https://www.facebook.com/Humans-of-the-AFL-1626092987408087/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED&fref=nf

A below quote from the above

Watching the Bulldogs win a flag last year really hurt. They were the one club I felt comfortable looking down on. I mean sure, there's still Freo, but they don't really count."

Winning the flag was amazing but just as good is the fact that I dont anymore have to take crap from Saint fans I am loving it

Move the below if you have to Mods

https://www.facebook.com/Humans-of-the-AFL-1626092987408087/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED&fref=nf

A below quote from the above

Watching the Bulldogs win a flag last year really hurt. They were the one club I felt comfortable looking down on. I mean sure, there's still Freo, but they don't really count."

Winning the flag was amazing but just as good is the fact that I dont anymore have to take crap from Saint fans I am loving it

When Picko kicked that last go and Bruce said "it's over" this is one of many things those words meant. Like you, i have many things that are now over.

I also don't know what a Saints fan had to look down at us. I mean we WERE on equal flags, but they have about 27 wooden spoons to our 4.

It's good for SuperCoach. That's about it.

I always start a team and then forget about it until the game starts Friday night then it's too late.

Always end up with more trades than I need for weeks left. Can't get into it enough to keep interested.

I always start a team and then forget about it until the game starts Friday night then it's too late.

Always end up with more trades than I need for weeks left. Can't get into it enough to keep interested.
i rather the basketball fan league, don't have to worry about price on players
Just an overall draft

i rather the basketball fan league, don't have to worry about price on players
Just an overall draft

NBA?

I don't follow it enough to really know what's going on.

I do compete in a really good EPL fantasy game I really enjoy and is quite involved.

I've lost interest this year in supercoach after winning the flag. Seems unimportant now.

I gave up on super coach as I couldn't stop myself form picking Doggies players in all positions. I knew I had to retire from it when I picked Liam Jones one year!!

When Picko kicked that last go and Bruce said "it's over" this is one of many things those words meant. Like you, i have many things that are now over.

I also don't know what a Saints fan had to look down at us. I mean we WERE on equal flags, but they have about 27 wooden spoons to our 4.
And they have been in the comp 27 years longer.
And they were terrible in the VFA where the Dogs contended every year.
Out of all clubs they are only team that shouldn't dare look down on us.

I cant remember where I heard this and its probably old new but Bevo apparently once wanted to fight Mark Harvey on an end of season trip in Bali. When I heard that it made me like him even more!!
Worked with a guy that went to school with Harvey and played Juniors with him.
Bevo has him covered in this area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back