What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a Perth based Doggy supporter, I am very happy to get a chance to see the team play 4 or 5 times.

It seems that all Victorian teams will go interstate somewhere, and Perth is a big footy town, good weather and grounds.

This is not the worst outcome for us. Sure we have to play the local teams here, but circumstances may help us.

If we come to WA with the same attitude the Eagles are showing on the Gold Coast, it will be tough.

Treat it as an adventure, we are a young list (mostly), it could be good.

I'd rather play Geelong in Perth that down in sleepy hollow.

Come on Dogs. Embrace it!

KM

As a Perth based Doggy supporter, I am very happy to get a chance to see the team play 4 or 5 times.

It seems that all Victorian teams will go interstate somewhere, and Perth is a big footy town, good weather and grounds.

This is not the worst outcome for us. Sure we have to play the local teams here, but circumstances may help us.

If we come to WA with the same attitude the Eagles are showing on the Gold Coast, it will be tough.

KM

will be interesting to see which teams have more players drop out of the hub due to family/ personal reasons.

we are a very young outfit so you would hope that would translate to minimal numbers of players refusing to go to WA. Whereas someone like Geelong have an old experience side with a lot of their best players having young families.

As you say much rather Geelong in Perth than down the road.

Wonder if all Perth hub games will be played at Optus. Maybe nonWA team games to be played at other stadiums? Playing a Geelong at a suburban Perth ground in front of a few thousand would be different

KM

Better start getting a cheer squad organised KM!:D

Yeah I can imagine there will be players who sit out. They may end up allowing partners/kids to travel over with them, but then you're basically setting different rules than what the general population has to follow, which isn't exactly fair
Life isn't fair though I wouldn't be old and pood if it wse

Freo and West Coast both in poor form. Every other side will be in the same boat as us.

Our only other options were either play in Queensland against GC and Bris who are both in red hot form, or down in SA where Adelaide is even with Freo, but Port are top of the ladder.

We were going into a hub at some point no matter what, and WA was the best possible result for it.
Qld a better result, as is Adelaide in my opinion. WA would be last on my preferance list, below Adelaide, Queensland and Sydney.

Qld a better result, as is Adelaide in my opinion. WA would be last on my preferance list, below Adelaide, Queensland and Sydney.
I don't know about Qld being a better result, but I was hoping for a few games in Adelaide. Port are looking a strong chance for the flag though.

Apparently should be revealed tomorrow.

We will play Fremantle, West Coast, Geelong, plus 2 more teams (since it's a total of 5 games). Must be at least 3 more teams to be announced in that case, in order to prevent a team having a bye. So there will likely be another team joining the hub that we won't be playing. Possibly Saints or North?

Heard they’re both headed to NSW (even though NM have played both Syd & GWS)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only upside of WA hub is that it means we won’t play Geelong at Geelong.

amazing to think the original draw pre COVID had us avoiding Perth completely. Now we are there for five weeks!

I was hoping we would get SA hub as we just don’t seem to play well at WA, but what can you do.

with the QLD hub, that’s a massive advantage to the Lions as it means another 5 weeks of home games. Does that mean they will he on the road for the entire 2nd half of the season?

I would rather get the virus than have to play(and live) in Perth for any length of time. ;)

No you wouldn't. And we wouldn't want you to get the virus either.

After 5 games in Perth it could be another hub in Adelaide or Brisbane. Just take it as it comes.

I love watching the Dogs play and am ever hopeful we will win most games. If we are good enough we will.

This is a different season. As I said before, embrace it.

KM

No you wouldn't. And we wouldn't want you to get the virus either.

After 5 games in Perth it could be another hub in Adelaide or Brisbane. Just take it as it comes.

I love watching the Dogs play and am ever hopeful we will win most games. If we are good enough we will.

This is a different season. As I said before, embrace it.

KM
Too right KM. As I have written previously, we are a young group who need to treat a 4-6 WA hub as an adventure and a galvanising opportunity.

Looking at the Qld hub, a young Port team have clearly embraced the experience and sit top of the table (with the Qld teams 2 & 3), while the other interstate hub teams all sit in the bottom 3.

Hub life is apparently polarising. Hopefully our boys are up for the challenge. They may look back in years to come as a wonderful growth experience for the team.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back