Coaches votes for Round 3

10 Josh Bruce (WB)
8 Adam Treloar (WB)
6 Josh Dunkley (WB)
2 Caleb Daniel (WB)
2 Alex Keath (WB)
1 Jack Macrae (WB)
1 Bailey Dale (WB)

First 3 were pretty easy choices. I thought Macrae was quiet until the last quarter, wasn't in my top 6 players tbh. Would've given the 2 + 1 to two of English, Naughton and Dale personally.

Coaches votes for Round 3

10 Josh Bruce (WB)
8 Adam Treloar (WB)
6 Josh Dunkley (WB)
2 Caleb Daniel (WB)
2 Alex Keath (WB)
1 Jack Macrae (WB)
1 Bailey Dale (WB)

First 3 were pretty easy choices. I thought Macrae was quiet until the last quarter, wasn't in my top 6 players tbh. Would've given the 2 + 1 to two of English, Naughton and Dale personally.
Josh Bruce raking in the 10s these days

Dermott having a whinge on SEN about Bailey smith walking over a west coast player the other week and shoving Ziebell this week.

Basically saying he has stated he has mental health issues then does this stuff on field and needs to stop it.

I love what smith does he brings a competitive edge and lets people know when our team gets the better of them. He’s also one of the first to fly the flag for team mates. I honestly don’t see the issue.

Dermott having a whinge on SEN about Bailey smith walking over a west coast player the other week and shoving Ziebell this week.

Basically saying he has states he has mental health issues then does this stuff on field and needs to stop it.

I love what smith does he brings a competitive edge and lets people know when our team gets the better of them. He’s also one of the first to fly the flag for team mates. I honestly don’t see the issue.

Dermott was just disappointed Smith didn’t rake his stops over their face. That’s what real men do.

Basically saying he has stated he has mental health issues then does this stuff on field and needs to stop it.

I am surprise Dermie didn’t dislocate a shoulder from reaching so far.

What has mental health got to do with playing on the edge and giving the opposition some lip?

If we keep playing as we have, not only do we get wins but we will also get the best timeslots. Win/win for us and should help us attract additional sponsorships going forward.
Seems like a great spot for a sponsor looking for short term high visibility exposure like a Federal Govt Public Health message. "*Vaccinate now!" and then in really small print below the number *vaccines may not be available. Or Tourism NZ "We're flying too!"

Actually Tourism NZ might be a better match for Melbourne given their love of and aptitude for down-hill skiing.

Last edited:

Walking a tightrope here, bringing up mental health as a put-down. Just when players are starting to feel they can open up about it. Dermie’s a bloody dinosaur. I’m angry.

Hey Doggies crew!

I head up production for Dyl Buckley's 'Dyl and Friends', and this week's ep features your very own Caleb Daniel.

Absolute ripping bloke! Hope you enjoy!

Cheers!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's a bit rich from Dermie. Might need to drag out some old tapes from the 80s and 90s.

The article is the biggest whole lot of nothing I've ever read.

Dermott Brereton is a hood.
Bailey Smith is a jet.
Dermie's brain no work very good.
Baz has the mullet of no regret.

(Apologies to Greg Champion and A.B. Paterson)

I actually don’t mind this little whack from Dermie to Bailey on this one. We all need to play hard. But when a player does something special then is the time to both celebrate and acknowledge team mates. But never belittle or humiliate an opponent. You don’t even have to remind them. Let’s be humble winners. He’s a young kid, he’ll learn some humility.

Weird how Dermott didn't say anything when Ziebull cannonballed into Cloke after he'd gotten rid of the ball and broke his ribs

Dermott S a fine one to talk

I actually don’t mind this little whack from Dermie to Bailey on this one. We all need to play hard. But when a player does something special then is the time to both celebrate and acknowledge team mates. But never belittle or humiliate an opponent. You don’t even have to remind them. Let’s be humble winners. He’s a young kid, he’ll learn some humility.
How has he belittled anyone? This stuff happens after pretty every goal in pretty much every game. Ziebell was happy to dish it out, is anyone calling him out for it?

Hey Doggies crew!

I head up production for Dyl Buckley's 'Dyl and Friends', and this week's ep features your very own Caleb Daniel.

Cheers!

Thanks for popping by, I listened to this on Monday on my walk and thought it was a great episode. Interesting to hear the boys talk about what it was like playing against players they'd looked up to. Episode had a good conversational vibe as opposed to the polished media snippets and cliches you often hear.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Hey Doggies crew!

Cheers!

Best podcast going atm, Dyls great. Really worth the listen with CD, interesting to hear about the genuine hate between Dogs vs GWS considering most of the rivalry's these days don’t much go further than the pre game media beat up

Dermie having a crack at a up and coming high profile player to stay relevant
Dermie is SERIOUSLY reaching with this.

Smith has white line fever, it’s obvious. He yells and carries on and within 10 seconds he’ll be apologising. He’s a fierce competitor and doesn’t mind a little push and shove. He might disrespect people on occasion but who doesn’t?

Smiths mental health issues shouldn’t even be mentioned here, pretty gross from Dermie if you ask me. Almost edging on victim blaming, you could make a case that whatever he is suffering from is causing him to act like this during the game. Even if it isn’t, it’s poor taste to suggest that because he talks about his mental illness openly that he isn’t susceptible to being a bit less than perfect sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back