What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m fine with it. Kick off the season which we haven’t done probably in my lifetime and get the rematch and no pun intended ‘demons’ of the GF out of the way early.

Its a little late for that now

Yeah. Stef might get a second wind?
I'd doubt it though.
How in the * is a club allowed to accumulate so much strength in all areas and then completely ignore one? A decent book could be written on the subject, particularly if you don't win a flag in the next ten years.

From my knowledge, Bevo has very specific ideas about the role and importance of ruckmen. He wants someone who can play as an extra midfielder more than he wants someone who can win the taps. English is a generalist rather than a good tap ruckman. Sweet is a tap ruckman and he’s been a break-glass-in-case-of-emergency player.

I'd doubt it though.
How in the fu** is a club allowed to accumulate so much strength in all areas and then completely ignore one? A decent book could be written on the subject, particularly if you don't win a flag in the next ten years.

Who is this ruckman we should have recruited?

From my knowledge, Bevo has very specific ideas about the role and importance of ruckmen. He wants someone who can play as an extra midfielder more than he wants someone who can win the taps. English is a generalist rather than a good tap ruckman. Sweet is a tap ruckman and he’s been a break-glass-in-case-of-emergency player.

Goodwin might have opinions about the importance of ruckmen.
I don't want to be a dick or get banned from your board but I feel it's a massive, massive hole on your list which is otherwise very strong, aside from maybe one more KPD.

Who is this ruckman we should have recruited?

I couldn't say. From the AFL there might not be one available. We drafted ours from the VFL. From an outside perspective it doesn't seem like there's been much to find a decent ruck in the last three years.

I couldn't say. From the AFL there might not be one available. We drafted ours from the VFL. From an outside perspective it doesn't seem like there's been much to find a decent ruck in the last three years.

Most of the potentials went in the mid-season draft, where we didn’t have a pick. I guess we’re backing in Jordon Sweet as being as good as whoever we could get from the state leagues. Could be that Darcy is earmarked for that position too given his size.

No, man. I wouldn't presume anything or to tell you guys anything about your club. From a neutral perspective, one that is still kinda mad about the semi final, I'm just perplexed.
Mind you, our ruckman won the last free of the semi final and we know what happened after that.... :)

Most of the potentials went in the mid-season draft, where we didn’t have a pick. I guess we’re backing in Jordon Sweet as being as good as whoever we could get from the state leagues. Could be that Darcy is earmarked for that position too given his size.

I guess. One of the VFL performers like Lynch or Fort would be an improvement on current list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If bigfooty had a say in the matter, the Dogs would have traded for either Ceglar or Lynch, and then drafted Charlie Dean as a KPD. List management chose differently. We can complain, we do complain, but it’s not going to change anything.

Yeah, I've seen the endless posts about it on your board and not trying to be that invasive guy but I just don't get it.
Then why the * regurgitate it all over this board. Just so we can all pick over a single obvious carrot yet again?

Its been done to death.

Then why the fu** regurgitate it all over this board just so we can all pick over a single obvious carrot?

Its been done to death.
No offence, couldn't help it

forrest-gump.gif

I get that Wednesday night is awkward for many, but for the club it is a great result.

Not only we get the exposure of the first game and the hype of playing in front of the biggest crowd in years (not to be sneezed at even as the away team), but means we'll have extra break over our opponents in the following round or 2 and more probable Thursday/Friday night slots

To be fair, I'm pretty sure we unfurled our flag against Sydney. So it isn't the first time a team has unfurled their flag in a GF rematch.

We did unfurl vs Sydney because we weren't allowed to have a home season opener vs Collingwood.

Last edited:
I'd doubt it though.
How in the fu** is a club allowed to accumulate so much strength in all areas and then completely ignore one? A decent book could be written on the subject, particularly if you don't win a flag in the next ten years.

The third man up rule came in to stop us after 2016, we recruited English in 2016, but I think he is forward/ruck, rather than a ruck/forward. Grundy’s and Gawn don’t fall out of trees, and we were trying to get Stef for a few years before we landed him. So I guess we were trying to fix things.

Wednesday is sh*t for a number of reasons. Very different to Thursday which is also not great for a lot of people.
And kids getting home at 11.30 on a Wednesday is very tough in terms of Thursday and Friday. It's not just a next day thing.
A lot of workers finish a fair bit earlier on Friday too meaning the day after isn't as long. Or they can cruise into work a little later on a Fridsy morning.

Hope it flops in terms of viewership. Do not want it going forward. Simple solution, open with the game on the Thursday instead of forcing the mundane Richmond Carlton game on us.
Cruise into work a little later on the Thursday, it’s 4 months away - make plans now take an annual leave day, maybe leave the kids with a sitter for one game ******* hell people just need to stop whinging, it’s not perfect for everyone - as no time slot is… just embrace the fact that we’re opening up the season, hoping it flops? Yeah great hopefully Good Friday crowd flops too as I’m religious and can’t go 🙄 i don’t care if that’s a very poor result for the club but it would be good for me.

That’s literally no different to what you’ve just said

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back