What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bevo has said he and most other coaches are confused with the dangerous tackle interpretation and stated he wonders wether crozier challenged his nan this week wether or not hed get off. He also wasn't happy about the 5k it costed the club in loosing the appeal.
Suckling and duryea will play in the scratch match while cordy will play... at some level.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1598593352945.png

Doing his best for our AFLW team
That won't work in our favour either. Played 100* for Eagles, not for Dogs.
I think he played 100 in total for both clubs, no-one gets his sons.
I don’t think there is a games limit for F/D in AFLW. The daughters will be able to chose West Coast or us
66 games for us, 107 games for Eagles. If they're daughters, both teams can claim digs, but Eagles get dibs if they're sons.

Last edited:
And to top things off...... Cotchin's spa frequenting CV19 AFL rule breaking wife is actually Ricky Kennedy's daughter.

He's my favorite of all time for the Doggies. :( At least he had a go at Richmond - still a Doggie at heart :)

Brooke Cotchin reveals stress of online bullying following AFL hub drama
After opening up on the devastating impact her now-infamous COVID-19 breach has continued to cause, Brooke Cotchin’s father has leaped to her defence and slammed Richmond and the AFL for their “disappointing” handling of the situation.
JACKIE EPSTEIN, Herald Sun
August 29, 2020 7:59am
Brooke Cotchin has opened up about the fallout from the AFL hubs scandal.

Brooke Cotchin has opened up about the fallout from the AFL hubs scandal.
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/entert...s/news-story/2864832640be025baa501e3d646a9000
Brooke Cotchin was ready to do whatever it took to keep her family together this footy season.

That’s why she didn’t hesitate to fly to Queensland in the first week of July with husband Trent and their three young children.

But what was to be a 32-day stint in the AFL hub has turned into a much longer time away from home. And on top of that, at the end of the same month, she was outed as having breached the strict COVID-19 hub rules.

She posted a picture on her Instagram after visiting a day spa and the fallout was intense.

Richmond received a hefty $45,000 fine ($25,000 suspended) which the Cotchins have offered to pay. AFL website journalist Mitch Cleary was temporarily stood down after he shared a tweet that named Cotchin as the offender.

Cotchin took to Instagram to apologise and explain her error, and also offered support for Cleary.

But the gravity of the situation has caused continuing personal stress and anxiety which Cotchin has candidly revealed for the first time.

“It still haunts me and still sets off my anxiety but from your darkest times come your greatest lessons and I am just trying to take each day as it comes,’’ Cotchin says.

“That being said, I am human and humans are all imperfect.”

The Instagram post that caused it all.

Cotchin went on to detail the abuse she has copped. The mum of three — to kids Harper, 5, Mackenzie, 4, and Parker, 1 — boasts more than 36,000 followers but has not posted to her account since apologising on August 3.

Prior to that Cotchin had kept her followers updated by regularly posting pictures and videos of the family’s movements. People have reached out to tell her they miss seeing their bubbly and smiling faces.

“It was a really hard time for not only me but our family,’’ Cotchin says.

“I was in a very bad place for a little while and it took some time to dig myself out.

“Dealing with the lengths of the online bullying was and is something I am learning to try and block out. Some of the vile comments and personal messages were gut wrenching and it breaks my heart that people deal with this on a daily basis.

“On the flip side, I have received so many heartwarming messages that I hope to find the time to reply to because they are a big reason for allowing me to move forward.”

“My own view and this is not coming from Trent and Brooke, I think the AFL and Richmond handled it really poorly,” Kennedy said on Triple M.

“They talk today a big game about supporting women and coming in behind and promoting women and what they really did was shut her down and didn’t allow her to go public and take responsibility.

“And that took a few days to work its way through. So I think the disappointing thing from where I sit was that they had a prime opportunity to come out and support a woman in a real live case, rather than just words.”

Kennedy said he had even tried to take on the trolls himself.

“I think the hardest thing is you’re feeling fairly helpless and you’re just trying to support your daughter,’’ he said.

“I’m generally the first one to tell her when she’s made a mistake. It’s the tough times you come in to support your family and your friends.

“Effectively she was muzzled, so people are making comments and having views without having all the facts.

“If you met people face-to-face you generally don’t have those conversations, but it is easy on Instagram or Facebook to have a go.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back