What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel that one of the most important points in Whateley's analysis has been overlooked...

Trying to do a 1000 piece jigsaw with 920 is, in one sense, fair enough...
...and that he does a great job on match day with the limitations at hand... (hmmm...)

...but surely the missed point is that Bevo has had a massive hand in selecting said pieces.
I hardly think he can be praised for manipulating what is, in essence, his own team's shortcomings.
No point tying ourselves in knots worrying about how got to be here. Best to focus on what’s gotta be done to get where we need to go.

Like the headline Bulldogs Hold A Massive Trade Ace

ttps://www.afl.com.au/news/515143/why-the-western-bulldogs-hold-a-massive-trade-ace

THE WESTERN Bulldogs loom as one of the key players of this year's Trade Period, and not for the reason you might expect.

The Dogs are on the search for a small forward and another tall defender, but what makes them a crucial part in this year's marketplace is their first pick – No.12.

INDICATIVE DRAFT ORDER Your club's picks as they stand

Every club knows the selection is up for grabs, because the Dogs will be looking to bolster their draft hand for points to match an early bid for Jamarra Ugle-Hagan, their Next Generation Academy gun who could be the No.1 choice this year.

I feel that one of the most important points in Whateley's analysis has been overlooked...

Trying to do a 1000 piece jigsaw with 920 is, in one sense, fair enough...
...and that he does a great job on match day with the limitations at hand... (hmmm...)

...but surely the missed point is that Bevo has had a massive hand in selecting said pieces.
I hardly think he can be praised for manipulating what is, in essence, his own team's shortcomings.

Do the maths you only need 22 players not 1,000 that is about 1/50th or 2%. So 80 missing pieces is equal to 1.6 or one two players. So if he is saying we are way off the mark he needs to do his maths again.

Like the headline Bulldogs Hold A Massive Trade Ace

ttps://www.afl.com.au/news/515143/why-the-western-bulldogs-hold-a-massive-trade-ace

THE WESTERN Bulldogs loom as one of the key players of this year's Trade Period, and not for the reason you might expect.

The Dogs are on the search for a small forward and another tall defender, but what makes them a crucial part in this year's marketplace is their first pick – No.12.

INDICATIVE DRAFT ORDER Your club's picks as they stand

Every club knows the selection is up for grabs, because the Dogs will be looking to bolster their draft hand for points to match an early bid for Jamarra Ugle-Hagan, their Next Generation Academy gun who could be the No.1 choice this year.

For the lazy who can't figure out why that link is broken here it is again :

It’s not just this website. It’s the supporters as a whole. Our opinion does matter and we should discuss what we want to discuss. I think it’s a bit naive to think that popular opinion cannot drive change.

Popular opinion is a bit of a stretch and I doubt anyone will be listening to the noise of a few supporters whether it be here or elsewhere.
Even if they were listening, they’ve probably covered off everything that’s ever been mentioned in here. They are a professional sporting organisation after all. I doubt their ears would be pricked by any posts in here.

Like what Philthy said, no point stressing about it.

Popular opinion is a bit of a stretch and I doubt anyone will be listening to the noise of a few supporters whether it be here or elsewhere.
Even if they were listening, they’ve probably covered off everything that’s ever been mentioned in here. They are a professional sporting organisation after all. I doubt their ears would be pricked by any posts in here.

Like what Philthy said, no point stressing about it.
By that logic, there’s ‘no point stressing’ about a goal being conceded.

I’m invested in the club, no matter how irrational it is, and I reserve the right to stress about it.

By that logic, there’s ‘no point stressing’ about a goal being conceded.

I’m invested in the club, no matter how irrational it is, and I reserve the right to stress about it.

No ones suggesting you aren’t allowed to stress about anything, only that it achieves next to nothing at club level.

Stress away Mantis!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good evening, CarnTheScray and Maddog37, permit me to volunteer as referee. You may both be right. The Rule is/was for treatment of Comparative Adjectives

Adjectives of
(a) a single syllable are modified with er;
(b)
two syllables are modified with er if they end with a vowel or a consonant with a vowel sound (e g pretty), but modified with more if they end in certain consonants, not including d;
(c) those with three or more syllables are modified with more.

Stupid is (b). The English language is fluid and grammar eventually follows usage. I recommend the ultimate rule, given to me by a former Professor of Linguistics on the use of apostrophes with words ending in s (is it Willis’ first wicket or Willis’s first wicket ?). Whichever form sounds right in spoken English is correct.

Let’s have a good, clean fight, no hitting below the belt, you have form here, CarnTheScray. Back in the good old days, we were such gentlemen that you had to wear a tie to get into the Outer. Ding Ding

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back