What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't hear what he said but SEN tweeted that Ralphy says it would be in everyone's best interests if Boyd took a sizeable play cut to assist getting Hurley over the line as well as ease the pressure on Boyd.

Also something about that Boyds current form means that the dogs don't win a final.

I have to say it's pretty hard to argue with either of that.

Who says Boyd's contract has any correlation with getting Boyd. Sounds like a simple minded journo adding 1 (Boyd is getting paid gazillions) + 1 (Hurley deserves gazillions) and getting 3.

Didn't hear what he said but SEN tweeted that Ralphy says it would be in everyone's best interests if Boyd took a sizeable play cut to assist getting Hurley over the line as well as ease the pressure on Boyd.

Also something about that Boyds current form means that the dogs don't win a final.

I have to say it's pretty hard to argue with either of that.

Ok, thanks. So when is Liam Pickering going to discuss this pay cut with Toyd :rolleyes:

Can't link article as I'm out but Caroline Wilson has written an article about stevensons resignation, she gives no reason other than not getting along with Gordon and finds a way to mention Tom Boyd and bag Gordon for personally negotiating the trade and that the clubs had many off field issues under Gordon

Seriously what is her problem, and as a journalist all she does is give her view on negative off field issues never seen a positive article one of the worst journalists in the business
Her problem is richmond
Just do what I do and completely tune out from the footy media.

Haven't listened to SEN in seven years, and don't bother reading any sport but long form features in the HS or Age. It's incredibly liberating.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Did anybody else listen to SEN a little before 6 tonight. I only heard part of the segment and I think it was Jon Ralph going on a rant about what an emotional club we are, that we make emotional decisions all the time (extending McCartney and Garlick, refusing to trade Griff then relenting, signing Boyd, etc). The players reaction in the rooms to Mitch Wallis' injury being overly emotional (and by extension the same reaction to Clay last year), that we mourn our players injuries more than any other club. He said something like other clubs just deal with these issues as a matter of course, just business as usual.

After the ad break they were coming back to discuss Toyd, but I was unable to listen to that. Can anyone else fill in some of the gaps.

Does he have a point ? I'm not sure that it shows a heightened emotionality being upset by a horrific injury, especially when we have Tim Hodges from 3LO sounding pretty distressed at hearing Mitch in agony.

All this coming from a renowned hard man in Jon Ralph :rolleyes:
Johnny sounds a bit emotional himself

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Who says Boyd's contract has any correlation with getting Boyd. Sounds like a simple minded journo adding 1 (Boyd is getting paid gazillions) + 1 (Hurley deserves gazillions) and getting 3.

I'm not saying it doesn't. And a couple of well informed posters say we have plenty of cap space. More than enough to get Hurley.

I agree with Ralph (not often) though that Boyd should offer to take a sizeable pay cut to mainly ease a whole lot of pressure on himself. Let's not forget that this kid will be 25 when he comes out of contract. He can be rewarded with another big contract if he has earnt.

Love the argument by Ralph that our club is too emotional.

He works for a paper that feeds on people's emotions, mostly anger, fear and outrage, so the irony is just incredible.
Did he use the term "passion" at all? People always bag things they don't understand. Covers up their ignorance, lack of perspective and general iq level

Did anybody else listen to SEN a little before 6 tonight. I only heard part of the segment and I think it was Jon Ralph going on a rant about what an emotional club we are, that we make emotional decisions all the time (extending McCartney and Garlick, refusing to trade Griff then relenting, signing Boyd, etc). The players reaction in the rooms to Mitch Wallis' injury being overly emotional (and by extension the same reaction to Clay last year), that we mourn our players injuries more than any other club. He said something like other clubs just deal with these issues as a matter of course, just business as usual.

After the ad break they were coming back to discuss Toyd, but I was unable to listen to that. Can anyone else fill in some of the gaps.

Does he have a point ? I'm not sure that it shows a heightened emotionality being upset by a horrific injury, especially when we have Tim Hodges from 3LO sounding pretty distressed at hearing Mitch in agony.

Are you ******* serious. Did that ******* moron say that the players were too emotional about their mate with a busted leg screaming in pain.
My god! I cannot believe that

Gerard healy gave tom Boyd a whack saying he has not got an AFL tank and has not worked on it since he has been at the dogs.
First part is correct. Second part is rubbish. Not only has Boyd been trying to fix his body from the bulking up GWS made him do he's had limited pre-season time to work on it as well.

Did he use the term "passion" at all? People always bag things they don't understand. Covers up their ignorance, lack of perspective and general iq level

Ironies abound. Ralphy a confirmed Tiges man calls another club too emotional. LOL

What next? A lecture on integrity from Damo??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you ******* serious. Did that ******* moron say that the players were too emotional about their mate with a busted leg screaming in pain.
My god! I cannot believe that

Pretty sure that's what I heard.

I didn't hear it, but if you stuck around after the break he more than likely retracted everything he said. Its his usual modus operandi.

I love it when he defers to KB with "...well, yes Kevin (or whoever else he is shilling his dubious services to)" after KB has pricked his never terribly well considered thought balloon with a modicum of common sense.

Don't believe so, but without emotion, footy would bloody dull.

From smacking a wall with tears in my eyes after one of our prelim losses, to high fiving strangers after epic wins to singing our song on the train ride home, footy is emotional. Life is emotional.

Our highs are very high and our lows are very low, but we're never boring.

How could you not have a tear in your eye when you see your mate screaming in pain?

Then again, Ralph works for an organisation which hacked the phone of a missing 13-year-old girl then deleted some of her messages giving her family false hope. So, I wouldn't be surprised if emotion or just being human is a foreign concept to him.

Last edited:
Not sure why it's our turn to get wacked by the media. Unlike other clubs like Richmond and Collingwood who usually dominate the headlines, we are doing plenty right with a list that has the same or younger age profile then the likes of Melbourne, Carlton etc.

We are 7th on the ladder and will be playing finals, yet the media is acting like we are in turmoil.

There is 10 other teams already planning their September holidays who would love to be in our position.

I heard someone on RSN say we are in danger of becoming a Richmond if we don't win a final. The difference between them and us is that they have hit a wall with their challenge. Us on the other hand, we have just scratched the surface and all things being equal, this looks to be just the beginning of a journey that will have many more ups and downs that the media will continue to react to.

It's almost like some don't like when we start to get on a roll and upset the status quo of not being down and out.

We have always been whacked by the media and will continue to do so. Our fate according to media sources is we are a struggling team with little resources who will never achieve the ultimate goal as we are (insert reason here) too poor/too young/too unorganised etc etc etc. The collective are not comfortable at the moment as we are far too successful for the age profile we have and this year in particular the injuries we have received to our starting 22. Any chance to stick the boot in they will.
Even when we do win the flag, I can see the reports now. Along the lines of "well done dogs, now let's discuss ad nauseam how the opposition managed to lose the game".

:pThere's some absolute hysteria written and spoken at the moment on all counts .
Boyd's a young player with deficiencies , like most young players have ( Christ even Hogan has a few) Schwartz reckons he's going to be a bust, which is so rediculously premature, it isn't funny .If his credibility wasn't lost in some TAB years ago, he then proceeded to say Melbourne should chase Vickery

Gerard healy gave tom Boyd a whack saying he has not got an AFL tank and has not worked on it since he has been at the dogs.
Pretty harsh on the bloke . He's played 2 senior games since round 4. He reckons he should take heed at Riewoldt . I can't stand him, but he's a freakish athlete . Boyds got his weaknesses he has to work on , but sadly the media just can't stop comparing his wage this year to his output .

Well said , the whole narrative of Boyds on a million a year is total bullshit . The contracts massively from ended, and the media lazily trot the same line at every chance

I heard the last part. Thinks he did a good job due to successes he had mentioned earlier in the interview. Thinks Gordon is doing a good job but didn't give a "yes" to the question of if he's the best man for the job. Just kept saying he's doing a great job. Wants to stay involved in footy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back