What would a Dutton Liberal leadership mean for the Liberals and the country?

Remove this Banner Ad

When you made the boomers rich at the expense of the kids and when you put the needs of multi national corporations over the needs of your citizens or the planet and maintain the belief that the 1950s were the good old days surely you dont expect the kids to vote for you ?
Even a decent amount of Boomers are looking at the state of things for their kids and grand kids and switching off the hard right gobbledegook.

An interview with Ray Hadley on how awesome Peter Dutton is.

And they needed two journalists to write this.

Jesus.

Anthony Galloway and James Massola, hang your heads in shame.

We learned the hard way with Morrison that people's past behaviour is a good indication of future actions, Dutton won't get the benefit of that doubt again regardless of how much sections of the media try to reinvent him.
The feature article in a recent Monthly was on Dutton, by Malcolm Knox, who I respect, and the overall theme was continuing the “is there another side to Peter Dutton we haven’t seen yet?” theme, but it must be said there was precious little evidence in the article.

FjLIMrQaUAEczEm

This looks worse than it is, as it just says that young people don't vote for Liberals, but, jeez it shows the Libs have a lot of work to do to convince 80% of millenials that they might be worth voting for. Or at least half of them.

It was the Coalition's beloved Johnny Howard who basically started the crazy housing prices and a shift towards a more dog-eat-dog culture in this country. Yes, Labor failed to do anything about housing costs in their six years, but I think it's reached the point where people under a certain age see a party that has done nothing for them and allowed the promise their parents enjoyed rot away.

They saw their parents buy their first homes on modest wages, with stable jobs widely available. Now they pay through the nose for rent because they can't afford to buy, or they manage to buy and pay through the nose. Working hard doesn't seem to get you a stable job anymore.

They see our country being burnt to a crisp or plunged under floodwaters on a routine, not occasional, basis and a party that is more concerned about trans people playing sport than affordable housing, secure work or climate change. The chickens are coming home to roost.
The Howard years will go down as the worst that this nation has gone through.

The sheer waste of the mining boom alone makes the day when Howard dies one where champagne should flow and this nation should have a week off in celebration.

More bad news for Coalition.

Teal voters are more likely to be Labor-leaning than conservative, study finds
Majority were not disaffected Coalition supporters and voted tactically to defeat incumbents, according to report.

More bad news for Coalition.

Teal voters are more likely to be Labor-leaning than conservative, study finds
Majority were not disaffected Coalition supporters and voted tactically to defeat incumbents, according to report.

i really find that surprising. steggal is a former liberal. haines is former national. spender and chaney come from liberal stock. and daniel put herself forward as centre right. peeps who were pissed off at the ultra right takeover of conservative parties. but blue when u scrape the surface.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i really find that surprising. steggal is a former liberal. haines is former national. spender and chaney come from liberal stock. and daniel put herself forward as centre right. peeps who were pissed off at the ultra right takeover of conservative parties. but blue when u scrape the surface.
The Teals have better climate and anti-corruption policy which could sway Labor voters.

Brilliant, cheers.

While using that as a card cover for some family/friends would be funny, I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

(Also would scare some of them - children AND adults! :laughing:)
Word is he's doing tours of local shopping malls as part of his Dutton 3.0 Makeover - dressed as Father Christmas.

The twist is that EVERYONE gets a lump of coal as a present, even the kids who've been 'nice'.

I know it doesn't need to be said in this informed crowd but keep your kiddies off his lap would be my strong tip.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back