What would we get for Cox?

Remove this Banner Ad

Cox is better than Jacobs (though we're comparing chalk and cheese, position wise), but if West Coast aren't happy with that then I can't see Essendon hunting him. We haven't got the high draft picks to entice him, and trading a top tier player for Cox, who would be a luxury considering we've got 3 ruckman 1-2 years away, is not on the cards.

Originally posted by ^Eagle^
I would like to get Brown & #1 draft pick from the Dogs, but i think i'm dreaming

lol. not even in fantasy land with 1000 magic lamps and a leprechaun would that ever happen. lol. hahaha.

Originally posted by DonAce
Cox is better than Jacobs (though we're comparing chalk and cheese, position wise), but if West Coast aren't happy with that then I can't see Essendon hunting him. We haven't got the high draft picks to entice him, and trading a top tier player for Cox, who would be a luxury considering we've got 3 ruckman 1-2 years away, is not on the cards.

i don't agree. look at what happened to west coast after gardiner went down. cox couldn't carry the eagles like hille did for much of the second part of the year, and i wouldn't even call hille a top tier player (yet, but he very close).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by bacon buster
i don't agree. look at what happened to west coast after gardiner went down. cox couldn't carry the eagles like hille did for much of the second part of the year, and i wouldn't even call hille a top tier player (yet, but he very close).

Probably only a couple of ruckmen in the league could pickup where Gardiner left off and carry the Eagles. Cox gets better and better the more time he gets as #1 ruckman - exactly the same this season as last year when Gardiner was injured.
When Cox is playing 2nd ruckman he's good - when he is given the #1 job he's very good. Two years running he's proved that. Cox will be with the Eagles another year at least, until Seaby is ready to play, his value will only rise in that time.

Re: Re: What would we get for Cox?

Originally posted by noodle
attention stupid people. he is kidding. ^eagle^ knows this will not happen he was just asking what you people think coxs trade value is worth.

I don't think you've read many of Eagle's posts.

Anyone trading for Cox had better hope that he doesn't turn out to be the next Barnaby French who was made to look good by a first rate midfield performance (specifically Josh Francou).

I think Malthouse should go after a Cox like player if he was available. But until Malthouse starts rating talls such as ruckmen, Collingwood will never win a premeirship.

Why would you go after Stevens and/or Brown when you need a Ruckmen.

Strange.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back