Sports What would you choose? Professional cricketer or footballer

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably cricket for Aus. Travel, plus you're pretty much loved by everyone in Aus if you're a gun.

Footy is bloody hard work too... you basically have to run yourself into the ground. Cricket is going that way but no where near as crazy. No matter how much talent you have, if you play footy you need to have elite fitness for your entire career. I really admire the blokes that do it, but I reckon it would be a nightmare worrying about your skinfolds every time you went to have a beer or pizza

Golf champ would be pretty awesome. Travel the world, earn huge coin, don't have to be elite fitness so could get on the gas now and then etc

Football for me.

I like cricket also, during summer, but with only the one chance whilst batting; it gives it a disadvantage. In juniors I wasn't totally impressed, you can only lose concentration for a moment then sit back in the pavilion for the rest of the match.

Probably cricket for Aus. Travel, plus you're pretty much loved by everyone in Aus if you're a gun.

Footy is bloody hard work too... you basically have to run yourself into the ground. Cricket is going that way but no where near as crazy. No matter how much talent you have, if you play footy you need to have elite fitness for your entire career. I really admire the blokes that do it, but I reckon it would be a nightmare worrying about your skinfolds every time you went to have a beer or pizza

Golf champ would be pretty awesome. Travel the world, earn huge coin, don't have to be elite fitness so could get on the gas now and then etc

David Boon likes this

Football- think the travel thing with cricket is overrated -you are away all the time from home and family, you don't really get to see much of the countries you go to because you are training and playing and going from hotel to sportsground. But its a great game, as is football.

656106-sarah.jpg

Michael-Clarke-and-Kyly-Boldy-06.jpg

Elizabeth+Hurley+Elizabeth+Hurley+Shane+Warne+oc5t1YK4IEJl.jpg

Come on.

Also agree with comments by Papa G and UseYourIllusion.

If it were a choice between playing even one Test for Australia and getting on an AFL list, cricket by a mile. If it were a choice between being in the top 500 cricketers in the country and the top 500 footballers, then football would be the obvious choice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Suprised that more people are choosing cricket on a footy forum.

Heard on the radio today that MS Dhoni now earns more than Wayne Rooney, Novak Djokovic and Usain Bolt.

Passionately love both sports. It's a bit like choosing between your favourite kids (I would imagine).

Assuming I was elite at both sports, football would allow me to have a pretty gun physic, but for some reason cricket appeals to me more. As someone mentioned earlier, you probably can't beat scoring a hundred at Lords to win a test match. Cricket it is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back