Whats the best thing you've purchased during this pandemic?

Remove this Banner Ad

I got a sharpening stone
Watched a few youtubes
and now have razor blades for kitchen knives ....almost...Its a learning curve but they are cutting soft tomatoes beautifully

That's a good idea, i got ours done a while back at the market. The bloke was a real angry campaigner, kept complaining at the condition of them, i'd used the "pull through" sharpener a few times and it's no good. I did point out that this had given him business at least, he didn't take my point, * that guy.

That's a good idea, i got ours done a while back at the market. The bloke was a real angry campaigner, kept complaining at the condition of them, i'd used the "pull through" sharpener a few times and it's no good. I did point out that this had given him business at least, he didn't take my point, fu** that guy.
My brother is a chef and he takes my knives to work when their guy comes round.

That's a good idea, i got ours done a while back at the market. The bloke was a real angry campaigner, kept complaining at the condition of them, i'd used the "pull through" sharpener a few times and it's no good. I did point out that this had given him business at least, he didn't take my point, fu** that guy.
My father in law used to own a butchers so my wife is an expert with the knives. So sharp she can slice the wings off a fly in mid-air.

I make sure the knives are washed really well.

The Duellists (one of my favourite dozen films) came out on R4 blu ray around May/June. Snapped that up immediately.
Wow, thanks for the tip. Awesome film.

I got a sharpening stone
Watched a few youtubes
and now have razor blades for kitchen knives ....almost...Its a learning curve but they are cutting soft tomatoes beautifully
I have been meaning to get one of these. I never get around to taking them to the butcher.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I got one of these
iu

Lots of fun

Also got one of these a few weeks before lockdown
iu

gets used a few time a week

Seeds
Just did another round of planting
Balinese corn, kailan, tatsoi, rubychard, beetroot, cucumber,radish,onions, thyme, oregano,tomatoes, chillis

Just planted out coriander and chives in my herb garden.
There a 30 second window for coriander around here before it bolts now I grow the saw tooth stuff
Ive got garlic chives all year I struggle with the regular

Remove this Banner Ad

Back