Movie What's the last movie you saw? (4)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

After reading about Sinister just a few pages ago on here, thought I'd watch it.

It wasn't a bad movie at all, but it wasn't that good. Seriously, people find this scary/disturbing/thrilling?

The ONLY good thing in the entire film I liked was the wife-husband argument when she just learned they'd moved into a crime scene. That was just really well-acted. And at the time, it made me think of starting a thread on here -- asking what are the best acted husband-wife arguments in movies.
Sinister honestly wasn't the best horror, It Follows, The Witch both much more original movies. It just got under my skin. Scariness is very subjective, my girlfriend passed out straight away afterwards and didn't find it scary whereas I could barely sleep.

It was more the imagery that messed with me than the jumpy moments etc. Opening shot of family hanging from a tree etc, thought the aesthetic was pretty effective.

Funnily enough I thought the wife's acting was one of the biggest weak points :p very "acty". That scene was ok though.

Watched a bunch of movies lately

The Trust

Decent heist movie, kinda low budget.
I liked the dynamic between the two leads for the most part.
Best acting i've seen from Nicolas Cage for some time, which isn't saying much but he's solid here.
Ending was interesting.

3/5

The Gambler

Like most films about this subject matter.
I find them quite unrealistic, if you've seen the ending you know what i mean.
I liked the performances of Micheal K Williams & John Goodman.
I found Mark Wahlberg's character pretty unlikeable, perhaps that's the point though.
Solid but nothing special.

2.5/5

Finding Dory

Took my daughter to see this for her first visit to the cinema.
We both really enjoyed it.
Retains all the charm of the original film.
Funny with excellent animation.

4/5

Deadpool

I thought this was hillarious and just plain fun.
Ryan Reynolds is perfectly cast for this role
Deadpool is really the ultimate anti-hero

4.5/5

The Good Dinosaur

A pretty decent effort from Pixar here.
Something about it seems to be missing though.
Sounds strange to say this about a kids movie but i feel it could be a grower.

3/5

Anyone who likes the humour in that needs to check out The Guard. Absolutely hilarious, Brendan Gleeson kills it. Still has the crime element like In Bruges, but even funnier.

Yes. Magnificent film.

Reminded me for absolutely no reason to recommend and reminisce about a fantastic film called 'Dead Man's Shoes' with Paddy Considine.

Still has the crime element like In Bruges, but even funnier.

Crazy that four of the best comedies of the last decade are split between the McDonagh brothers; John (The Guard and Calvary) and Martin (In Bruges and Seven Psychopaths).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have seen all except Calvary. Will check it out :)
Powerful movie and Gleeson knocks it out of the park.

Like the previous films mentioned, it's a mixture of comedy, philosophy and a little bit of brutality & I'm not talking mindlessly violence but the cruelty that life sometimes dishes up. You'll love it.

But what about it resonated with you feeling that is an appropriate score?
Disjointed movie. One never felt attached to the main character or other characters due to that disjointed approach. It was just a typical video game-like blockbuster movie -- lots of special effects, pretty pictures, loud noises, ACTION, and absolutely zero meat to the story. Script style at fault. Whereas compare to say Winter Soldier, or the original Captain America, even Ant-Man....great stories, great script styles, you really get INTO the characters and that "world".

Powerful movie and Gleeson knocks it out of the park.

Like the previous films mentioned, it's a mixture of comedy, philosophy and a little bit of brutality & I'm not talking mindlessly violence but the cruelty that life sometimes dishes up. You'll love it.
What a film it was too! Only found out recently too that Brendan Gleeson's son is Domnhall Gleeson. Acting royalty there!

Green Room - Director of Blue Ruin has done it again. Band goes out to play at a Neo-Nazi bar, sees something they shouldn't of, s**t intensifies. Pretty ******* lit throughout. 8.5/10

And shoutout to the late Anton Yelchin who takes the lead in this. Remember seeing him first in Alpha Dogs, and in a string of some quality indies including Like Crazy which is like a more modern Before Sunrise. He was great in this, and at 27 is gone far too soon.

Green Room - Director of Blue Ruin has done it again. Band goes out to play at a Neo-Nazi bar, sees something they shouldn't of, s**t intensifies. Pretty ******* lit throughout. 8.5/10

And shoutout to the late Anton Yelchin who takes the lead in this. Remember seeing him first in Alpha Dogs, and in a string of some quality indies including Like Crazy which is like a more modern Before Sunrise. He was great in this, and at 27 is gone far too soon.

Definitely one of the best movies of the year, Patrick Stewart was friggin amazing, wish more big names would make creative choices.

Anton Yelchin took too soon - watched a little flick called Odd Thomas. Was an over movie which had some pretty dark overtones which I can understand rub people the wrong way (i.e. massacres). I quite liked it and it surprised me a bit. Plus, Willem Dafoe in a supporting role, he always seems to nail these.

6/10

Anton Yelchin took too soon - watched a little flick called Odd Thomas. Was an over movie which had some pretty dark overtones which I can understand rub people the wrong way (i.e. massacres). I quite liked it and it surprised me a bit. Plus, Willem Dafoe in a supporting role, he always seems to nail these.

6/10

Potential franchise too (there's half a dozen or so titles in the Dean R Koontz series).

He's a huge loss. Massive. On a level with Ledger.

Have seen Love and Mercy, the story about Brian Wilson from the Beach Boys. Paul Dano plays Brian during the 60s and makes a great impact. John Cusack plays Brian during the 80s, and while I like Cusack I don't recall Wilson ever resembling Cusack at any stage of his life. Cusack doesn't seem to have bothered to try to look like Brian in any way. Dano has done a commendable job of growing and styling a 60s mop top hairstyle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back